Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
(September 11, 2015 at 3:08 pm)MTL Wrote: you know, I really think the Baphoment statue is saying something very important,

but the fuss that the Christians are making over it is funny, to me;

they should just be glad it wasn't the devil statue that popped up (so to speak, lol) overnight,
in Vancouver, Canada, awhile back:

warning, graphic adult content:

https://sinjones.files.wordpress.com/201...00x600.jpg

EDIT:  I hope I didn't break any rules by posting that link.  Someone please let me know if I did.

Hehe yeah I've seen that before. Makes you wonder if the Satanists aren't mistakenly combining the Ba'al/Baphomet with the Greek god Priapus.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(September 11, 2015 at 3:08 pm)MTL Wrote: you know, I really think the Baphoment statue is saying something very important,

but the fuss that the Christians are making over it is funny, to me;

they should just be glad it wasn't the devil statue that popped up (so to speak, lol) overnight,
in Vancouver, Canada, awhile back:

warning, graphic adult content:

https://sinjones.files.wordpress.com/201...00x600.jpg

EDIT:  I hope I didn't break any rules by posting that link.  Someone please let me know if I did.

Hehe yeah I've seen that before. Makes you wonder if the Satanists aren't mistakenly combining the Ba'al/Baphomet with the Greek god Priapus.

Perhaps.  But when the city came and took it down, as no-one claimed ownership of it,

a pregnant white she-devil appeared, shortly thereafter:

again, warning, kiddies, graphic adult content, don't look:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content/up...80x500.jpg
This is why I love Canadians. Big Grin
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: This is why I love Canadians. Big Grin

Get ready to love us even more...

you know all the outcry in the States over Baphomet?

Well, when the city of Vancouver took the He-Devil down,
a petition was started by concerned Vancouverites:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/09/10/...00248.html

I love the first line in the article:

" The Devil Wears Nada "

ROFLOL
(September 11, 2015 at 3:55 pm)MTL Wrote:
(September 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: This is why I love Canadians. Big Grin

Get ready to love us even more...

" The Devil Wears Nada "

Yeah that's a funny title... but it's this in the article that made me spill my lunch down my shirt:

Quote:The pedestal used to hold a statue of Christopher Columbus, according to the Georgia Straight, but that was moved elsewhere 10 years ago. The devil statue was approximately eight or nine feet tall, reported CTV News.

One of the workers said he was "gonna have nightmares."

(September 11, 2015 at 4:04 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(September 11, 2015 at 3:55 pm)MTL Wrote: Get ready to love us even more...

" The Devil Wears Nada "

Yeah that's a funny title... but it's this in the article that made me spill my lunch down my shirt:

Quote:The pedestal used to hold a statue of Christopher Columbus, according to the Georgia Straight, but that was moved elsewhere 10 years ago. The devil statue was approximately eight or nine feet tall, reported CTV News.

One of the workers said he was "gonna have nightmares."

humph.  I would volunteer to take that thing home.

(The whole statue, I mean).   Wink
The whole uproar over the statute is just political religious bigotry based upon the First Commandment, which directed the Israelites to destroy other people's altars, break down their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images (Exodus 34:13).  So anything that is seen as a rejection of the ethnocentric Middle Eastern Jewish religious fairy tale is seen as an reduction in support for Israel.  

As we have discussed before, most people are ignorant about the Ten Commandments and couldn't recite them if their lives depended on it.  They are just captives of propaganda and life-long brainwashing.
(September 11, 2015 at 2:43 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: if it was another legitimate religious symbol up there, I wouldn't care.

(September 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I'm having a hard time relating because I don't see myself feeling the same way if they had put a different religious symbol up.

What symbol could/should the Satanists have chosen then? Which Satan Temple symbol would you not find something about which to complain?
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(September 9, 2015 at 1:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: You may be offended by someone else's symbol of morality, but a symbol is not an offensive thing in and of itself if its meaning can be different for different people.

Then if you do not find the Satan symbol offensive, what is the issue with it setting next to yours?

Personally, ever since I was a child, I have found the 'crucifix' abhorrent. One church I had been to even had it in color, with blood and gashes. What a horrible thing to subject children to.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 11, 2015 at 2:43 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: ... if it was another legitimate religious symbol up there, I wouldn't care.

Who then decides what symbols are legitimate?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 2957 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 637 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3217 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 13224 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27408 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12948 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1035 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition Mr Greene 19 2114 February 9, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1542 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Thoughts on origins Kingpin 54 8596 August 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude