Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination against Atheists?
RE: Discrimination against Atheists?
I might have some atheist relatives, but curiously, I don't know for sure.

The subject is clearly verboten in the family circle.  If they are atheist, it goes way back, probably to the 40s.  If Uncle 'Ed' is atheist, I'm thinking the roots of it are in his legendary cheapness.

Tongue

Had a grade school classmate that made a point of NEVER discussing his families religious affiliation, and no other classmate ever noted them in any local churchy.  Consequently they were suspected of atheism.  Just in the last year or 2 I have discovered they are actually related to another family in the area, I always thought they were moved here from far away, with no local connections at all.  I'm concluding they were 'disowned' and in this area, atheism would be near the top of the list. Curiously, the father has since passed away, and there is a cross carved into his stone.  Not sure if he was religious in life, or death bed conversion, or perhaps his wife was atheist and he went along. (His wife has local roots it turns out, she met him in college and brought him back to live here)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How odd.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(October 25, 2015 at 5:28 pm)robvalue Wrote: Fucking bigoted arse-mongers. I'm sorry to hear that.

They think they are doing "god's work" because apparently god is too inept to do anything himself.
In England nobody cares, I work with a muslim, a buddist and a catholic I have no idea what the other people are, I never asked and don't care
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

No, but I'm not "out" either. It's not exactly safe in the Bible Belt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists Who Argue Against Generalizing Ghetto Sheldon 33 2904 October 5, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2726 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  religious discrimination by the reigning majority religion of Christendom Deepthunk 32 10281 October 19, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 15966 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists. zebo-the-fat 22 3322 October 11, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Dorian Gray
  Discrimination of atheists Dystopia 32 6282 June 30, 2014 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Discrimination agianst atheists. Lemonvariable72 18 4201 September 8, 2013 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Atheists Against Advertising The_Flying_Skeptic 10 2714 August 4, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Petition the BSA to change its policy of discrimination kopper 15 5579 April 24, 2011 at 1:31 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah