Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists.
US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists.
US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists, the Atheist Shoe company in Germany sent some shoes to the USA with plain tape and some with Atheist tape, more of the Atheist labled shoes went missing or arrived late.

https://www.atheistberlin.com/atheist?study
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists.
Damn. Even tape realizes that there is no god!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I saw this a while ago. I'm torn about it. On one hand, it would honestly bug me if a company sealed up its packages with "Christian!" tape. On the other hand, why would this surprise anyone? It's not like the USPS is run by machines or something. It is run by Americans, with very little supervision once the packages leave the depots. Americans do not trust or like atheists. To expect anything different is naive. This company knew this, and did this little experiment as a publicity ploy. Send 178 packages to the United States with "Atheist" all over it. Surprise! 10% of the atheist packages went missing! Even more showed up late!!! Oh my!!!!

Don't put religiously/politically charging messages all over a package that is being handled by someone else. We don't live in a utopia. If there were Jesus stamps all over the packages, there would be some douchebag atheist who trashed a package or two as well.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:10% of the atheist packages went missing! Even more showed up late!!!

Generally, I think the P/O calls that adequate service.
(September 17, 2014 at 11:59 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I saw this a while ago. I'm torn about it. On one hand, it would honestly bug me if a company sealed up its packages with "Christian!" tape.
They do.....You can get anything you want put on your tape - and that can be part of your marketing and branding strategy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 17, 2014 at 11:59 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Don't put religiously/politically charging messages all over a package that is being handled by someone else. We don't live in a utopia. If there were Jesus stamps all over the packages, there would be some douchebag atheist who trashed a package or two as well.

How about some comparative numbers.
No packages with the Scientology tape were received at all . . .
(September 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote: How about some comparative numbers.

Not sure such a study has ever been done, I am just hypothesizing here. But I'm not saying that it would be equal, and I'm not saying that it's okay that these asshats are tampering with people's packages. All I'm saying is that there are assholes everywhere, and assholes will be assholes if you give them the chance.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 17, 2014 at 12:55 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(September 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote: How about some comparative numbers.

Not sure such a study has ever been done, I am just hypothesizing here. But I'm not saying that it would be equal, and I'm not saying that it's okay that these asshats are tampering with people's packages. All I'm saying is that there are assholes everywhere, and assholes will be assholes if you give them the chance.

And I'd say that we know for certain that believers do this kind of thing. Nothing more.
There are many atheists out there who consider themselves atheists just because they think it's the new trend. If you look around youtube, you will find several atheists who deliberately lie or make false claims. This forum itself have had members who had claimed that they vandalized churches and christian bookstores. Assholes are in both camps. Now the christians have greater numbers on their team, so obviously the asshole count would be greater on that side too. This doesn't mean the atheist team is clean either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists Who Argue Against Generalizing Ghetto Sheldon 33 2898 October 5, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2204 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Discrimination against Atheists? Spooky 24 4371 October 27, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 15943 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Atheists Against Advertising The_Flying_Skeptic 10 2707 August 4, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused