Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination against Atheists?
Discrimination against Atheists?
Found an article I thought was interesting.  If you've seen it before, I apologize.  If not, here it is:

List of things Atheists are not allowed to do.

The Scouts one really surprised me, sort of.  My troop caused enough mischief and mayhem that I think had I identified atheist the other scouts wouldn't have minded.  But I am forced to remember that all of our meetings and ceremonies took place in a church.

Has anybody here experienced any outright discrimination?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Discrimination against Atheists?
I know that I would not fare well in my current job if I outed myself.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Nope, nothing. Nobody ever even asked me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I haven't, but I'm sure it would be different in other countries.

Our English Scouts always have some religious overtones, but they have now explicitly starting saying atheists are OK. At the least the ones in this area. They have a secular oath thingy available now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 25, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Mermaid Wrote: I know that I would not fare well in my current job if I outed myself.

That's extremely sad.  Would you be fired?
(October 25, 2015 at 5:21 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(October 25, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Mermaid Wrote: I know that I would not fare well in my current job if I outed myself.

That's extremely sad.  Would you be fired?

No, it's more subtle than that. I think I'd be put on the layoff list though. They'd find an excuse.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Fucking bigoted arse-mongers. I'm sorry to hear that.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 25, 2015 at 5:28 pm)robvalue Wrote: Fucking bigoted arse-mongers. I'm sorry to hear that.

Indeed.

Ditto.  They would most certainly find an excuse to fire me.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 25, 2015 at 5:38 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:

Ditto.  They would most certainly find an excuse to fire me.

I find this absolutely crazy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists Who Argue Against Generalizing Ghetto Sheldon 33 2872 October 5, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2715 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2198 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  religious discrimination by the reigning majority religion of Christendom Deepthunk 32 10212 October 19, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 15930 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  US Postal Service discriminates against Atheists. zebo-the-fat 22 3321 October 11, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Dorian Gray
  Discrimination of atheists Dystopia 32 6243 June 30, 2014 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Discrimination agianst atheists. Lemonvariable72 18 4196 September 8, 2013 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Atheists Against Advertising The_Flying_Skeptic 10 2704 August 4, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Petition the BSA to change its policy of discrimination kopper 15 5577 April 24, 2011 at 1:31 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah