Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Now?
Thank you CD, I really appreciate it. By the way I re-requested you on Skype because I lost all contacts when my last account died.

I think the artist who did the cover of DSOTM also did the cover for Steven Wilson's album The Raven That Refused To Sing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyNrTGwOk4

Hm I could be wrong, it may not be the cover art... but the engineering is!:

Wiki Wrote:Each track on the album is based on a story of the supernatural. Alan Parsons, who had previously been involved in the creation of Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, was responsible for engineering the album.

My bolding.

By the way I fucking love this album, The Raven That Refused To Sing.

Wiki Wrote:The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) won the "Album of the Year" category at the 2013 Progressive Music Awards. It has also been nominated for the same category in the Classic Rock Roll of Honour. In 2015 the album was listed as number 2 on the Prog Reports top 50 prog albums of 1990-2015.
(January 1, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Kinda OK in this context means the cocktail of pharmaceuticals they have me on isn't fogging me up as bad as it was several days ago, and I've been removed from my current source of anxiety.

Well any improvement is an improvement Smile I'm glad you're feeling at least somewhat better Smile

Quote:It's kind of bittersweet in that this marks the end of my four year period of being medication-free but I'd rather have my sanity.

Yeah, I guess it must be somewhat of a disappointment and a let down that you are on meds again... did you think you may never need them again?

But the main thing is, absolutely your sanity is what's most important. And your health! I just hope you feel better whatever it takes.

I was on medication for 7 years, misdiagnosed as Bipolar myself, type 1 Bipolar Affective Disorder. First 4 years I was on lithium, put on it from age 18. I'm now off meds and declared well, I hope it stays that way but I'm still prepared for the worst.

I heard you mention on FNM's thread that you were misdiagnosed with another condition initially, I forget which. Confusing and annoying being misdiagnosed isn't it? I'm glad they finally diagnosed you correctly in the end, I'm glad you're able to get the treatment you need and I'm glad you're feeling better Smile
Yeah, I was hoping I would be able to make a go of it without meds - but I knew that was not probable.

My original diagnosis was major depressive disorder, however, that was when I was a teen and an uncooperative one at that. I internalized a lot of stuff and kept many of my symptoms to myself. Between that and the diagnostic criteria changes, I wasn't properly diagnosed until 2008 or 2009 - can't remember which.

The light in the hallway says, "Go."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
How am i feeling right now?

Sorta pissed off, actually.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm really happy overall but also concerned and sad about specific situations.
(January 1, 2016 at 9:33 pm)Evie Wrote: I'm really happy overall but also concerned and sad about specific situations.

aw, what's wrong Evie? Sad
Ativan, how do I love thee?
(January 1, 2016 at 9:34 pm)Deidre32 Wrote:
(January 1, 2016 at 9:33 pm)Evie Wrote: I'm really happy overall but also concerned and sad about specific situations.

aw, what's wrong Evie? Sad

It's not me. There's someone I know who's wonderful and they need to know it.

* Edwardo Piet breathes deeply and counts to 10

Just emotional, I'm fine. Worried for someone else.
feeling good.
On holidays finally after working 7 weeks straight without a day off.
The physical side of it was bearable, but I did notice my mind was starting to go a little cray cray....

Time to uncray! Bigtime!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 657 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1496 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12664 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 827 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2829 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8548 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6336 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet