Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
(May 17, 2016 at 10:58 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Counting down to a tricky surgery a couple of days from now.

Read up all I can on the procedure and possible complications.

Still nervous as hell.

Well, to relax your nerves I have accrued three enemies that need... dealing with.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 17, 2016 at 10:33 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've been pretty goddamned blue all day. I really hate my feelings sometimes, it's as if they're working to undermine me from inside.

Doing a sexy dance might help, for the briefest of moments. Not easy to feel blue when you're doing this:

Hardly a practical solution for than a minute or two...especially when you're at work. Or driving.

Hope the blues pass soon. Smile
I hate posting in this thread everyday with the same shit because I look like such an attention seeker, but I feel really really shitty.
(May 18, 2016 at 2:54 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I hate posting in this thread everyday with the same shit because I look like such an attention seeker, but I feel really really shitty.

That's what this thread is for. It's supportive; not judgmental Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 18, 2016 at 12:04 am)KevinM1 Wrote: Also and not related to Beccs: unrequited love sucks

You know?

And while we're on the topic, pining sucks.

There's no point in chasing the unreachable, in either event. Funny how I'm kicking fifty and still acting like a goddamned tomfool.

Quite serene stand the trees --
from root to leaf they're calm,
shedding silent thoughts,
quietly letting us be.
They've thrown down roots, made a home,
and found their own peace.
They've learnt desire is a trap
and ask for no release.

Sometimes I wish I had a wooden heart.

Happy flows the stream,
sliding over the rocks.
A rough bed, a cool head
searching for its pond.
Thoughts floating downstream
tracing lazy curves,
stopping for not a thing,
surrendering to no urge.

Sometimes I'm glad
I'm that impermanent.

(May 18, 2016 at 1:30 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(May 17, 2016 at 10:33 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've been pretty goddamned blue all day. I really hate my feelings sometimes, it's as if they're working to undermine me from inside.

Doing a sexy dance might help, for the briefest of moments. Not easy to feel blue when you're doing this:

Hardly a practical solution for than a minute or two...especially when you're at work. Or driving.

Hope the blues pass soon. Smile

Jesus, my hip got sore watching that guy dance.

(May 18, 2016 at 2:54 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I hate posting in this thread everyday with the same shit because I look like such an attention seeker, but I feel really really shitty.

We're here for support, both to give and to get it.

I'd love to have a shiny Facebook post for this thread every day detailing my exquisite Italian dinner I had at 7:43 PM, but this thread is not about good feelings or bad feelings, it's about feelings. And sometimes we all have bad swings.

Put your feelings out here, don't eat them. Good bad or indifferent, that is the currency here.

No one is judging you, BM.  No one is judging you.

For everyone who feels shitty: you have my sympathy and support Heart Please do send me a PM if you'd like to talk, I'm "always open" and willing to talk about almost anything. Or I'm Robvalue on Skype messenger.

(May 17, 2016 at 11:01 am)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: Really depressed to a point that I literally don't care that I'm posting about it.

Ah geez man, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad I'm all too familiar with depression, I know exactly what it's like. I'm always here if you would like someone to talk to.

(May 17, 2016 at 8:06 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Guilty.

What you feeling guilty about sis? Hope you're okay Group Hug
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I am feeling like I know that my friends know that I find them interesting and I love listening to them, but just because I know that they already know this doesn't mean I should show it any less.
Heart

Feeling like my brain is made of sludge. I still managed to learn a bit more bookkeeping today somehow. Something about good practices.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 658 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1497 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12689 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 828 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2830 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8549 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6344 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet