Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
[Image: bkui05niyaeqcjr.jpg]

Seriously. So I was coming home today from Canterbury where I partied with my bestie last night, and I was like waaay early for my train. Usually I can hop on any train that does the route home, oh not today. "This is an advanced ticket you ordered, you have to get on the train you pre-booked... no, you can't exchange, or it will cost you £60".

Fuck off man. This is exactly the same train journey, by the same company, exactly one hour earlier than my pre-booked train, and not even at a busy time. It's not going to kill you or your company to let me ride home an hour earlier than I had planned. Also, the charge is already extortionate as it is, so you got mad balls trying to extort another £60 out of me. WTF I thought this was a recession we were in, obviously not for you, no tea, no shade. Disgrace.

On the positive side, in that hour I went for a walk around Central London and re-discovered this cute little coffee shop my ex-hanini took me to once. The owner (a transgender) even remembered me, I couldn't believe.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 25, 2016 at 11:33 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: [Image: bkui05niyaeqcjr.jpg]

Seriously. So I was coming home today from Canterbury where I partied with my bestie last night, and I was like waaay early for my train. Usually I can hop on any train that does the route home, oh not today. "This is an advanced ticket you ordered, you have to get on the train you pre-booked... no, you can't exchange, or it will cost you £60".

Fuck off man. This is exactly the same train journey, by the same company, exactly one hour earlier than my pre-booked train, and not even at a busy time. It's not going to kill you or your company to let me ride home an hour earlier than I had planned. Also, the charge is already extortionate as it is, so you got mad balls trying to extort another £60 out of me. WTF I thought this was a recession we were in, obviously not for you, no tea, no shade. Disgrace.

On the positive side, in that hour I went for a walk around Central London and re-discovered this cute little coffee shop my ex-hanini took me to once. The owner (a transgender) even remembered me, I couldn't believe.

That's what happens when you let tories play with trains. They privatise them and fuck them up.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 25, 2016 at 12:44 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(May 25, 2016 at 11:33 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: [Image: bkui05niyaeqcjr.jpg]

That's what happens when you let tories play with trains. They privatise them and fuck them up.

Meh. Can't argue with that.

It's a disgrace they were re-elected.
At least we can all agree the tories are cunts.
I think it was low key rigged that they got re-elected.

How? HOW? How the fuck did they get re-elected? The amount of absolute hate for the Tories around the time of the re-election, even from people who traditionally like them, it had to have been a fix, it couldn't not have been.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 25, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I think it was low key rigged that they got re-elected.

How? HOW? How the fuck did they get re-elected? The amount of absolute hate for the Tories around the time of the re-election, even from people who traditionally like them, it had to have been a fix, it couldn't not have been.

Well when your opposites have adopted the same fuck the poor policies as yours, only for with a bit of fake sincerity plastered on like lipstick on a pig, you don't have to do all that much to win.

If Miliband actually had the balls to tack to the left on any policy, instead of pretending to go there and then backpedalling as soon as the papers started frowning on him, the election probably would have been a lot tougher for Call Me Dave and A Name too Jewish for a Future Prime Minister.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
OK. With is a torie?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
A Tory is a conservative in the rest of the world, I think.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
It's just a shortened name for The Conservative Party in The UK. It dates back to The Victorian times I think but I'm not exactly sure how it came about. "The Conservatives" is the official name of the party, but you wouldn't call an individual person who has conservative attitudes a "Tory" unless they supported The Conservatives. A bit confusing I guess.

- Maryam Namazie

(May 25, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: OK. With is a torie?

Basically our version of the Republicans.

Though, a tiny bit different.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 658 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1497 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12688 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 828 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2830 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8549 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6344 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet