Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
(June 4, 2016 at 1:13 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 4, 2016 at 1:01 am)Losty Wrote: Has fibromyalgia been ruled out? Because generally when everything else is ruled out, fibro is the answer

I only have pain in three quadrants, so fibromyalgia is not indicated.  But - it seems progressive and I'm starting to get paresthesia in my left fingertips and then left upper quadrant is rhe only one so far uninvolved.

It's somewhat complicated as the symptoms in the uppee quadrants are possibly a result of a different condition I was diagnosed with 13 years ago (thoracic outlet syndrome).  But that has norhing to do with the symptoms in the lower quadrants.

So I don't know and neither do they apparently.

boo. I'm sorry. They could just start testing different meds on you and see what helps. I wish I could help. Maybe a special hash lollipop? I dunno. I hope you get some rest soon Group Hug
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 4, 2016 at 1:17 am)Losty Wrote:
(June 4, 2016 at 1:13 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I only have pain in three quadrants, so fibromyalgia is not indicated.  But - it seems progressive and I'm starting to get paresthesia in my left fingertips and then left upper quadrant is rhe only one so far uninvolved.

It's somewhat complicated as the symptoms in the uppee quadrants are possibly a result of a different condition I was diagnosed with 13 years ago (thoracic outlet syndrome).  But that has norhing to do with the symptoms in the lower quadrants.

So I don't know and neither do they apparently.

boo. I'm sorry. They could just start testing different meds on you and see what helps. I wish I could help. Maybe a special hash lollipop? I dunno. I hope you get some rest soon Group Hug

The only thing thats been consistently effective is opioids, but that's not something my doc is willing to prescribe at this time. They've got me on an antiinflammatory and have recommended physical therapy. I don't see the point.
If you decide to try it, I highly recommend in the water therapy.

0/10

What is that?
Physical therapy in a pool. There's an actual name for it, and it's not "in the water therapy" lol. It's all the stuff you do in regular physical therapy but in a pool. I loved it. It's extremely low impact but somehow (for me at least) still exhausting. I got amazing sleep when I did it. It didn't help my pain at all but it was still worth it for the sleep.

0/10

Hmm. Low impact sounds good. My poor joints won't take much.

Maybe I should call back on that PT referral.
(June 4, 2016 at 1:37 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Hmm.  Low impact sounds good.  My poor joints won't take much.

Maybe I should call back on that PT referral.

I know everyone is different. And hey, you might hate it, I don't know, but I highly recommend it if you can do in the pool therapy. My knees are totally ruined. My doctors now are just trying to get me through as long as I can handle before doing knee replacement surgery because I'm so young. Regular physical therapy sucked but the pool one was good. I would give it a shot if I were you.

0/10

Thanks, Losty.
(June 4, 2016 at 2:06 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Thanks, Losty.

Any time Heart

0/10

Grateful I have such amazing friends Smile I've made many good and close friends here, and unexpectedly made a bestie who is totally the bestie! I realised I never knew what having a bestie really was until now, my previous one years ago was totally cold and distant.

(June 3, 2016 at 8:21 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: I need time to sort myself out. Unfortunately reality is not waiting. I don't think I'll ever make it. It makes me really depressed. I hate myself right now.

(June 4, 2016 at 12:59 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Frustrated.  It's looking to be one of *those* nights - when pain is so unmanageable that it keeps me awake all night, same as it did last night.

What's really frustrating is the inability of my docs to come up with a real diagnosis and effective treatment.

After ruling everything out, all they're left with is that they don't have a fucking clue.

I'm very sorry for you both Sad I'm here if there's anything I can do, or you need to talk Heart
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 325 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 711 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 664 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1502 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12757 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 829 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2853 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8553 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6347 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet