Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
(August 27, 2016 at 7:09 pm)Expired Wrote: As long as the Mrs falls for it, Lol.
Hehe

I can empathize.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Surprised. Apprehensive.

Received a call from my oldest and dearest friend in life for the first time in over 7 years, after she got caught up with some loser in a polygamous cult. I was genuinely happy to hear from her, and relieved to know that she's okay.

Not terribly excited about getting too vested in the friendship again, though. The guy's still around. I'd already written her off in my mind, and don't care to have to do it again.
Yeah, no sense throwing good money after bad.

Me, I'm neither happy nor sad. And that's not a bad thing.

Tired of feeling alone and not having a best friend to really talk to. Tired of life, really. Tired of this hurt that haunts me every day knowing there isn't anyone I can talk to that really gets it. I want to be done with everything and everyone. I have this nagging feeling in my gut that tells me that if I suddenly fell off the face of the earth, that no one would really give two shits.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Feeling very very very very sad and emotionally exhausted. But I'm okay. I'll be spending a lot of time in bed and when I'm awake I'll be doing what I can to improve my mood. Any support from any friends is helpful, especially my closest friends, but I wouldn't want anyone to Skype, FB or PM me unless they really want to. I feel like utter crap and super alone but I am okay, I'll get better. I just feel like a sledgehammer has hit my in the chest is all. I hope that changes soon. I don't want to be a killjoy and a self-pity person. I don't want to be a spoil sport. I don't want to be a downer Sad I want my friends to find me fun to be around. I want to uplift their spirits I want to be the person they know and love. I hate feeling like this. But I'm okay... the truth is special to me and I just hold onto hope for things to get better. I love my friends... this is hard I feel so very very sad and exhausted.

I don't want to go into details about any whys or wherefores though, if anyone wants to talk to me, I'm suffering from depression lately and getting help with it so... yeah, just being there to listen and talk to me like I'm a friend would help: I don't want to talk about why I feel this way. And again, friends, just be there if you want to. I'm so alone but I'll understand if I'm not fun to be around right now. I'll try to be fun. It's hard. I just want to be me again.

If anyone wants to be there for me, please be there just to be there and don't ask me what's wrong. I'm just depressed, alone, isolated and exhausted. Nothing feels real anymore. And again, my good wonderful friends, don't talk to me unless you want to.

I feel so alone. I feel insignificant. I feel invisible. I feel forgettable.
(August 28, 2016 at 1:44 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Tired of feeling alone and not having a best friend to really talk to. Tired of life, really. Tired of this hurt that haunts me every day knowing there isn't anyone I can talk to that really gets it. I want to be done with everything and everyone. I have this nagging feeling in my gut that tells me that if I suddenly fell off the face of the earth, that no one would really give two shits.

(August 28, 2016 at 3:10 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I feel so alone. I feel insignificant. I feel invisible. I feel forgettable.

I'd be willing to bet you're both wrong.

My feelings may be irrational but I still feel them.

Thanks Thump.
Feeling like this again, with bolding added.

(December 16, 2015 at 9:09 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: [...]
I don't know what it is but I feel like I need a break from the forums for a few days. And maybe even the internet altogether. Or maybe I'll respond to Skype and Facebook messages but not take the lead.

I feel like I need a few days break to just cry over and over. I don't know what it is but I feel like a big part of me that matters a lot to me has gone. I feel like the enthusiastic happy Evie isn't there anymore. I feel like all the irritating and lame parts of me is all that remains. I feel like when people care about me and like me still it's because they haven't caught on what an idiot I've become lately.

I feel like each person who cares about me and is a good friend to me has a tiny part of them that knows this is all true. But it's like, they don't want to beieve it because they want to believe the happy cheerful nice and kind and lovable and interesting Evie is still here. But I don't think he is anymore. Well, I may still be kind and I care. But that's about it I feel like everything I say is a cliché, lame, uninteresting, unfunny, unsexy and pointless.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before people not only get bored of me, but find some reason to avoid me. I know many people care about me and love me and think a lot of me... but at this rate how long will that last?
[...]

I can't express myself as well as I did back then, so I'd rather just quote this from my previous thread than try to explain it. I'm feeling the same only more subdued and dislillusioned. I'm feeling far less positive about RL than I was back then so I'm certainly not going to take a break from the internet, Skype or AF. Good news is I'm closer to my friends than ever so I'll be there to respond on Skype, I just won't take the lead, as said in bold.
Pretty existential.
[Image: edgecrusher02.jpg]
Pretty good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 657 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1495 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12658 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 827 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2829 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8547 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6334 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet