Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
(January 22, 2016 at 6:07 am)Mancunian Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 5:49 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: U hold and make some very valid points my friend. I won't agree with everything you say here but however I do agree with ur overall statement. We need God in our lives to succeed. In Islam we are taught that any who God chooses to guide, none can lead them astray. Just as well any whom God leaves to stray, none can guide them. So I wish u the best my friend. May Allah (God) guide to His straight path and never let you go?

Ludicrous.
With free will ur entitled to choose ur own path. U have to follow ur mind and heart to what you believe in. If u feel what I believe as true is ludicrous, then more power to u. To u be ur way of belief and to me be mine
(January 22, 2016 at 7:47 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 6:07 am)Mancunian Wrote: Ludicrous.
With free will ur entitled to choose ur own path. U have to follow ur mind and heart to what you believe in. If u feel what I believe as true is ludicrous, then more power to u. To u be ur way of belief and to me be mine

Do you realise how many great experiences you are missing out on? life is before death, try and remember that.
(January 22, 2016 at 7:47 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 6:07 am)Mancunian Wrote: Ludicrous.

You believe the ramblings of a war mongering psychopath who lived 1400 years ago, because people you trust told you that the book he inspired was from God.

Let me ask you, if you came from the deeper reaches of, say, Peru, do you think you'd be so fervently a follower of old Mo?
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
(January 22, 2016 at 7:57 am)Mancunian Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 7:47 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: With free will ur entitled to choose ur own path. U have to follow ur mind and heart to what you believe in. If u feel what I believe as true is ludicrous, then more power to u. To u be ur way of belief and to me be mine

Do you realise how many great experiences you are missing out on? life is before death, try and remember that.

I've been lots of places in the United States. I've been to Europe, Mexico and Japan. After visiting all those places I realized the only thing different is the foliage, temperature and weather. What am I missing out on? Superstition and fantasy? To say we are missing out on the joys of life is presumptive. Most of us used to believe in a sky hero and once defended the fictional concept as fervently as you are needlessly wasting your time trying to convince us here.

You see pretty things and meet up with like minded people who think like you. So what? Again every religion makes the same arguments. 

"Life is pretty"
"My book says"
"Lots of people believe what I do"

Your selfish attitude of "look at what you are missing out on" isn't about helping others, it is your own narcissistic projection of your own desires. You like what you believe, we get that. So do Buddhists and Jews and Christians and Hindus and they too would argue the same thing.

What you like believing isn't the same as the ability to demonstrate the credibility of the position you hold. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

How dare you presume that because someone does not hold the religion you do that somehow they cant have emotions or feel joy.
Wouldn't you say someone who thinks this life is "all there is" is going to hold it in much higher esteem than someone who thinks it's just a warm up for the real life?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 22, 2016 at 8:16 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 7:47 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: With free will ur entitled to choose ur own path. U have to follow ur mind and heart to what you believe in. If u feel what I believe as true is ludicrous, then more power to u. To u be ur way of belief and to me be mine

You believe the ramblings of a war mongering psychopath who lived 1400 years ago, because people you trust told you that the book he inspired was from God.

Let me ask you, if you came from the deeper reaches of, say, Peru, do you think you'd be so fervently a follower of old Mo?

Absolutely. It doesn't matter what corner of the world we come from. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh was sent by Allah as the messenger for all mankind. So if Allah chooses to guide me whether I'm black, white or candy apple red, and whatever nation and religious background i come from, I have received the same message. What u should do before u ask questions like that is Google and research how many Muslims live in Peru or are from Peruvian ascent. U might be surprised
"Allah chooses whether to guide you"? Does that mean Allah can choose not to guide you? Why would Allah choose not to want to have all people in Jannah by guiding some and not others? Quran 22:16 says this (and there are several similar Iyah in the Quran): "Thus have We sent down Clear Signs; and verily Allah doth guide whom He will!"

So it's clear that I will only know of the truth if Allah wants to guide me to it. How do I know that Allah is not misleading me right now? Would Allah lie to me? I am not part of the Ummah after all, and never have been. If Allah wanted to guide me, I wouldn't need you to convince me Sheed1980 because Allah will guide me and encourage me to recite Shahada.

Allah hasn't said anything new in 1500 years, if he ever said anything at all. I think he's done guiding people.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 22, 2016 at 11:02 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 8:16 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: You believe the ramblings of a war mongering psychopath who lived 1400 years ago, because people you trust told you that the book he inspired was from God.

Absolutely. It doesn't matter what corner of the world we come from. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh was sent by Allah as the messenger for all mankind. So if Allah chooses to guide me whether I'm black, white or candy apple red, and whatever nation and religious background i come from, I have received the same message. What u should do before u ask questions like that is Google and research how many Muslims live in Peru or are from Peruvian ascent. U might be surprised

Ah, but you see, there are millions of people who have never heard of the old charlatan Mo. If you lived in deepest, darkest Peru, you may never have heard of him.

Funny how God cares so much about his people that so many don't have a clue who he is, or that it is definitely not OK to eat pork, don't you think?
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
(January 22, 2016 at 7:57 am)Mancunian Wrote:

What u fail to realize is that the life of Paradise in an innumerable amount of times better than the best life here in this world. Allah promises to us in Paradise we shall have all that we desire for all eternity, and Allah never fails in His promise. So let's say ur the most blessed person in the world. U have all the wealth, women, fame, everything u could possibly want. But u end up dying when ur 100 years old, an age when u really can't enjoy it anymore if u were still alive. Aside from that u live in a world where evil, hatred,disease, death, jealousy and other ills take place as well. U didn't live the believing life So once u die, which will happen, u will be punished for eternity in the next life. Or u believe and do righteous deeds in this life, for 100 years that u live, and when u go to the next life u are forgiven for all ur sins and are granted the gift of Paradise. The beauty of it is such that the gravel are diamonds, pearls and precious gems. Every tree in Paradise has trunks and lImbs of solid gold. U will be clothed in the finest silk robes and bracelets and rings of pure gold, silver and gemstones. U will be served by immortal youths the while u recline on thrones encrusted with gold and precious jewels. Males shall have beautiful female companions with rounded swelling breasts, dynamic figures and beautiful lustrous eyes, where females shall have handsome male companions with alluring builds who both(female and males)have scents and fragrances of musk and saffron, and are commanded by Allah to do whatever the denizens of Paradise request of them. U will be served drinks of the finest wines that don't intoxicate, milk that doesn't spoil, honey sweet and pleasurable and refreshing water all that come from rivers in Paradise. Fruits of every kind grow in pairs on the trees that reach out and hand themselves to u. U will eat the finest meats and flesh of fowls, and drink from goblets of crystal and gold. U will have bodies that do not excrete waste and have the strength and endurance of 100 men. All will be 33 years of age and will never grow old nor die. A world where no evil exists, nor sickness nor disease. Mansions built of bricks of gold and silver so large in size it would take a fast horse 70 years to reach from end to the other. perfect temperature, scenery, and the absolute greatest gift of all aside from all I mentioned and so much more, we will be able to actually visualize Allah our creator, and He will better and more pleasing than anything we have ever seen. Where the people doomed to Hell, the worst punishment, than all of pain and suffering and burning will be they will not have the privilege of seeing their creator. So imagine for Paradise Allah telling u "Go my servant, have whatever u want and enjoy yourself" So would u sacrifice and be patient and live ur life correctly for a temporary time to have whatever u desire for all eternity? That's what u should think about

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 7 316 March 30, 2024 at 9:26 am
Last Post: viocjit
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1803 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 16578 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12907 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3314 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5439 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 585 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5155 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Again, allah seems to need a lot of help Minimalist 6 1958 June 11, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Allah cares which Emjois you use: Let's find out which ones are Haram ReptilianPeon 3 968 August 21, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive