Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose)
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose)
(August 2, 2016 at 12:51 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(August 2, 2016 at 12:10 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: However with the debates the Republicans were saying the exact same thing. Wait until he debates, then he'll fall apart. Wait until the next debate. You have to remember that Trump has more television experience then everybody else put together. However unlike the Republicans, who were unused to being on TV largely, Hillary has the second most. She's been in countless debates, run high profile campaigns and I'm sure she knows to stay dignified and let other people around her be the mud slingers. Still, she's never been someone who looked great on TV, sort of in an stiff Al Gore type way.

Still, underestimating Trump in the debates would be stupid.

I think Trump will do OK in the debates.

There's a saying in martial arts, never box a boxer.

Hillary Clinton debates, and Trump trolls. Trump won't try debating Hillary Clinton, but Hillary Clinton will have to keep her cool around Trump.

Trump can openly lie and whatever Clinton responds with he can stick with his story. He has the narcissistic personality to get away with it because he'll believe his own lies and convince the audience of his sincerity. It won't matter if the papers reveal how wrong he is because that will be after the event and analysis doesn't count as much as appearance.

We know on this forum how debates with theists in their churches aren't won on whether what is being said correct or not but whether it feels good to the audience. Trump knows how to play up to the audience and if he gets Clinton frustrated and riled then it won't matter that he bullshitting.

During the debates the educated people will be throwing their hands up in the air and going "Waaah??".  The rest of the world will be face palming. The Trump supporters won't know nuthin about no foreign poly seas but will like how Trump sticks it to the bitch. And everyone else will be unsure but not really caring enough to find out who was right and so will rely on their feels.

Then Trump becomes president, gets the nuclear codes and it will be all ...

The first time she corrects him he will lose his fucking mind on national tv.
(August 2, 2016 at 12:51 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(August 2, 2016 at 12:10 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: However with the debates the Republicans were saying the exact same thing. Wait until he debates, then he'll fall apart. Wait until the next debate. You have to remember that Trump has more television experience then everybody else put together. However unlike the Republicans, who were unused to being on TV largely, Hillary has the second most. She's been in countless debates, run high profile campaigns and I'm sure she knows to stay dignified and let other people around her be the mud slingers. Still, she's never been someone who looked great on TV, sort of in an stiff Al Gore type way.

Still, underestimating Trump in the debates would be stupid.

I think Trump will do OK in the debates.

There's a saying in martial arts, never box a boxer.

Hillary Clinton debates, and Trump trolls. Trump won't try debating Hillary Clinton, but Hillary Clinton will have to keep her cool around Trump.

Trump can openly lie and whatever Clinton responds with he can stick with his story. He has the narcissistic personality to get away with it because he'll believe his own lies and convince the audience of his sincerity. It won't matter if the papers reveal how wrong he is because that will be after the event and analysis doesn't count as much as appearance.

We know on this forum how debates with theists in their churches aren't won on whether what is being said correct or not but whether it feels good to the audience. Trump knows how to play up to the audience and if he gets Clinton frustrated and riled then it won't matter that he bullshitting.

During the debates the educated people will be throwing their hands up in the air and going "Waaah??".  The rest of the world will be face palming. The Trump supporters won't know nuthin about no foreign poly seas but will like how Trump sticks it to the bitch. And everyone else will be unsure but not really caring enough to find out who was right and so will rely on their feels.

Then Trump becomes president, gets the nuclear codes and it will be all ...

I think you underestimate the potential for trump to make a few truly spectacular off the cuff blunders, such as claiming Ukraine will never be invaded by Russia.   Yes, truly brain dead trump devotees won't care.  But it would be enough to turn any portion of the undecided against trump.

Also, i look forward to trump calling Hilary "devil" during a debate. Nothing can possibly make Hilary look less like a iron hearted scheming bitching, except being called "devil".
(August 2, 2016 at 1:10 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(August 2, 2016 at 12:51 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Then Trump becomes president, gets the nuclear codes and it will be all ...

I agree with everything you say (minus Trump bringing about nuclear Armageddon, which is silly) although I think there is an important part that is left out. A core of Hillary supporters will want her to sink to Trump's level. That's the call that she'll have to ignore. Even if Trump wins a debate (I'm not sure how many there will be), she needs to stick to looking presidential and making him not look presidential. She also needs to not underestimate him.

Yeah I stopped being serious at the point where I started talking about the end of the world. If I was Hillary Clinton I would be trying to manouevre Trump into advocating ridiculous assertions by following his argument through to the logical end getting him to explain the finer details rather than glossing over things which he normally does.
(August 2, 2016 at 1:14 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I think you underestimate the potential for trump to make a few truly spectacular off the cuff blunders, such as claiming Ukraine will never be invaded by Russia.  

No, he'll definitely be doing those alright. But I don't think it will matter much. People will compartmentalise it and think, well he was just wrong on this point. If Clinton manages to get him doing it repeatedly though then that's the way she'll win. She needs to give him enough rope to hang himself.
WTF!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.2735605

Quote:Donald Trump kicks crying baby out of rally: ‘You can get the baby out of here’

Quote: What a baby.
Donald Trump booted a fussy baby from a rally Tuesday because the tot was wailing over the businessman’s speech.
“You can get the baby out of here,” the GOP presidential nominee barked from the stage in Ashburn, Va.
The baby banishment came just seconds after Trump bragged about his love of children and promised that the crying kid could stay.

You're supposed to kiss babies, shithead.  Not kick them in the ass.
The famous "Get him out of here!!!"

I wonder which aide/spin doctor was assigned to the fallout after the first time the baby made a squawk and Trump said “Don’t worry about that baby. I love babies, I hear that baby crying, I like it. What a baby, what a beautiful baby. Don’t worry, don’t worry.”

You know his staffers were like, "get on twitter, get ahead of this. He's going to kick that baby out. Only a matter of time."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It looks like trump is determined to take republican congress down with him.  He is declining to endorse Ryan and McCain.

ROFLOL

Well, good for him!
(August 1, 2016 at 8:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(August 1, 2016 at 7:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I have this gizmo on my satellite service that lets me watch one thing now and one thing later.  So the debates are scheduled against American football...so what?

He's like a big Cheeto-dust covered baby.

Boru

Drumpf knows his fans.  They'll be watching football.

Frankly I doubt they have the manual dexterity to operate the remote control device for the televisual receiver.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 1, 2016 at 9:27 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Trump losing merely the presidential election for the GOP would hardly be sufficient comeuppance for a party that, through its own relentless cynicism starting in 1994, accidentally scored a own goal in the form of a trump.  Only crushing defeat in the house and senate, most governorships and state legislatures, and being relegated to small ineffectual, sub-1/3 minority status in both chambers of the congress and most state legislature for the next 50 years could serve as adaquate lesson for what not to do as a national party.

Push the year back a bit, 1968 was when the Republicans decided that their future was in wooing the ignorant, the racist, the fundamentalist, the gun nut and the evil out there.

Home
(August 2, 2016 at 12:05 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't think you could rig the American election.

Republicans have rigged two presidential elections already this century.

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1126 59319 May 13, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 12383 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 839 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5503 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 363 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1166 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1531 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1121 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4795 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5332 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok