Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 5:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
This thread exemplifies the biggest danger facing our Union: not extremists from one side or the other, but extremists from both sides calling for each others' heads.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd hate to end up like Iraq or Colombia.

(June 15, 2017 at 8:31 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 8:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Policy and the history of GOP policy.

They have been masters for 36 years getting gullible people like you to vote against your own self interests.

They have convinced you the rich will end up on cat food if you don't give them everything they want.
They have convinced their working class supporters that things will get better if they just accept less pay.
They have convinced their religious right that they are persecuted even though they are not.
They have convinced you that liberals are anti private sector when we are not.
They have shouted "government bad" while saying they support law enforcement whom are PUBLIC EMPLOYEES which are government.

36 years ago Reagan started the age of deregulation and in that time the GOP has controlled on average the majority of that time between the three branches.

Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

Liberals DO NOT hate the private sector.
Liberals are not out to end the private sector for saying pay is not keeping up with the cost of living.
We do not think health care should bankrupt any family, nor should inability to pay be a death sentence.
We think workers don't get paid enough.
An Epi Pen should NOT cost $600
A college education should NOT take a life time to pay back.

GOP policies in that 36 years has given rise to those high costs. The only thing liberals can be accused of is our voter apathy which has allowed them to hold the nation hostage.

Agreed when you examine the policies. Generally anything the right accuses the left of is virtually always a condition the right are the founders of. As for his question there is nothing about left wing policies that drove the killer only the evils of the right.

I will not deny he was motivated by hate of republicans, he was. But this is going to be the case for any group when you make it hard for them to survive economically. When Obama was president the right was flipping out about how he was making their lives economically harder.

The problem I see is that liberals have allowed the right to slur us as being anti American and anti private sector since Reagan started deregulation and "don't tax the rich".

What I hate about the politicians on the right is they know their economic policies don't work, but they don't care. If we keep going down their road we will have another bubble possibly even worse than what Bush gave us and you will see even more angry desperate people on both sides.
I still think the big change, is that white educated liberals are happy when conservatives die.

Because if you're happy that someone is dead, you probably would like them to die while they are alive. You get enough people on that train, and violence and murder seem inevitable.

Again, I know this has always been the case, but I don't remember it being so prevalent amongst people I consider reasonable and decent.
This guy is obviously in the minority, but violence for political reasons is terrorism. If he were a Muslim doing the same thing terrorism would've been brought up within the first 30 seconds.
Quote:Again, I know this has always been the case, but I don't remember it being so prevalent amongst people I consider reasonable and decent.

Wally,  exactly how much Ted Nugent, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc horseshit do you expect people to put up with before they get the hint that these motherfuckers really are dangerous?

You oh-so-conveniently manage to forget all the bullshit that your side dished out during the Obama presidency.  We haven't.  And I regard gun-toting conservatards as "dangerous."
(June 16, 2017 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Again, I know this has always been the case, but I don't remember it being so prevalent amongst people I consider reasonable and decent.

Wally,  exactly how much Ted Nugent, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc horseshit do you expect people to put up with before they get the hint that these motherfuckers really are dangerous?

You oh-so-conveniently manage to forget all the bullshit that your side dished out during the Obama presidency.  We haven't.  And I regard gun-toting conservatards as "dangerous."

I have said it before and I'll say it again . The current situation started with the above persons . And festered during Obama's time . And was triggered by Right wingers voting a dangerous fool into office. So regardless of it being right of wrong . Conservative ideology and dangerous lunatics played a  key role in this shooting.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 16, 2017 at 11:38 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 8:31 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Agreed when you examine the policies. Generally anything the right accuses the left of is virtually always a condition the right are the founders of. As for his question there is nothing about left wing policies that drove the killer only the evils of the right.

I will not deny he was motivated by hate of republicans, he was. But this is going to be the case for any group when you make it hard for them to survive economically. When Obama was president the right was flipping out about how he was making their lives economically harder.

The problem I see is that liberals have allowed the right to slur us as being anti American and anti private sector since Reagan started deregulation and "don't tax the rich".

What I hate about the politicians on the right is they know their economic policies don't work, but they don't care. If we keep going down their road we will have another bubble possibly even worse than what Bush gave us and you will see even more angry desperate people on both sides.

Well, it wasn't just the right flipping out about having their lives made harder.  Hillary being dispatched to go tell the union coal miners to go fuck themselves springs to mind.  If I lose my farm (or worse) over no health insurance in 198 days, I'm going to flip out some myself.  

And I'm still aghast the Obama era EPA fucked the residents of Flint MI so hard over the goddamn lead in the water fiasco and their ISN'T more "flipping out".  Believe it or not, this quote is from the EPA itself:

"I'm not so sure Flint is the community we want to go out on a limb for."

Jesus Fucking Christ, Team Trump is going to have to sink a shitload lower to equal just that fucking outrage.  No calls for EPA Chief Hedman to go to the fucking Hague to be adjudicated is particularly galling.

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:Hillary being dispatched to go tell the union coal miners to go fuck themselves springs to mind

So telling them there industry is dead and they need to find new jobs is telling them to go fuck themselves.

Quote:If I lose my farm (or worse) over no health insurance in 198 days, I'm going to flip out some myself.

My sympathies . But for the conservatives freak out. One wonders why on earth they would turn to people who believe what the Republicans do .

Quote:And I'm still aghast the Obama era EPA fucked the residents of Flint MI so hard over the goddamn lead in the water fiasco and their ISN'T more "flipping out" . . . . 

While that was pure incompetence . One wonders how turning to a group who believes in slashing environmental regulations and safety regulations would make anything better .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Not 'JUST' incompetence. Go watch NOVA: Poisoned Water.  Maybe 2 or 3 times like I have . . .

Angry
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 16, 2017 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

I think a point you inadvertently hit on, is that it is definitely "You" now.  On the right, we have the loonie wing that likes Beck, Jones, and Limbaugh, and if Harry Reid died, they'd all dance a little jig on air, and their followers would do the same.  But we also have the Romney Wing on this side, and we aren't cheering for anybody to die.  We don't particularly like the Jones/Beck/Limbaugh group, and they don't particularly like us.  

On the left, it was my impression that it used to be the same.  There are seemingly unstable people like yourself who will rant and rave and super cleverly add cunt and tard as suffixes to various words.  But at the same time, there were plenty of people who were reasonable, and mostly interested in solving the same problems the Romney wing was trying to solve, but from a more government/progressive perspective.

But the reasonable people on the left seem to have wandered off.  People who have no excuses for being batshit insane, are now cheering when people die.  Oh, some republican got shot?  Fuck 'em!  Scalia died?  Rot in hell.  That's fine and expected from you.  But there needs to be a group to counterbalance your dopiness, or things are going to get out of hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 401 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2512 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 415 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7836 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 8018 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7785 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3262 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 567 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'd Rather Have Your Dog In Congress Than You Minimalist 2 538 May 28, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaker Eddie Munster to retire from Congress Brian37 5 921 April 11, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Aegon