Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
(January 7, 2021 at 12:07 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Calls for invoking the 25th Amendment, most from Democrats. https://constitutioncenter.org/interacti...ndment-xxv

It would take just nine Republicans to remove him. I don’t see it happening.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The political media gossip is that the GOP has decided he'd have to try it -again- before they thought about standing up. Some weird variation of a three strikes law?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 7, 2021 at 1:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 7, 2021 at 12:07 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Calls for invoking the 25th Amendment, most from Democrats. https://constitutioncenter.org/interacti...ndment-xxv

It would take just nine Republicans to remove him. I don’t see it happening.

Boru

Doesn't seem likely. But damn, even Bill Barr has jumped ship.
(January 7, 2021 at 1:17 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: The political media gossip is that the GOP has decided he'd have to try it -again- before they thought about standing up.  Some weird variation of a three strikes law?

That seems fair. His attempted insurrection fizzled, so he deserves a do-over.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 7, 2021 at 1:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 7, 2021 at 1:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It would take just nine Republicans to remove him. I don’t see it happening.

Boru

Doesn't seem likely. But damn, even Bill Barr has jumped ship.

Bill Barr isn’t one of the nine.

Boru
It all tracks and seems fair when you have a good hold on who and what you're dealing with, doesn't it, lol.

Bill had already jumped ship...and I wondered then what was too much for him. Who knows, maybe this..but if this wasn't it........then....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 7, 2021 at 5:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 7, 2021 at 1:51 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: And even his cabinet are actually going so far as to consider invoking the 25th Amendment and removing him from power themselves.

https://www.kwch.com/2021/01/07/cbs-news...ent-trump/

Utterly irrelevant observation (given the seriousness of the issue):

If Trump gets successfully 25th-ed, Pence will assume the presidency until Biden's inauguration. So, some questions:

-Does that make Pence the 46th president, or will his official title be something like 'Acting President', 'Interim President', etc?

-Will he get an official presidential portrait?

-Will he get a presidential pension and other post-presidency perks?

-Will he have to choose a vice-president?

-Will this invalidate the outcome of all previous trivia games that hinged on the question, 'Which president had the shortest term in office?' If so, who can I write to about getting my record changed?

-Why do so many people believe the myth that the Great Wall of China can be seen from the Moon?

Boru

I suspect that, given the timing (like the fact that this happened during a lame duck period with a maximum of 13 days until the peaceful transition of power that he has gone on record as supporting), Pence probably wouldn’t be given the full title of President.

As for the last one, I dunno, because they only take its sheer length into account and the fact that it’s more narrow than a modern freeway doesn’t even register as a relevant variable for some reason?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It used to be in childrens books about the wonders of the world. That exact assertion - that it could be seen from space. It's not any process of thinking about length or width.

Ironically, a bunch of narrow roads are some of the most visible objects from space. It's not so much the width of the wall as it is it's irregular or broken geometry.
(with respect to modern laser leveled gps plotted roads, ofc)
(January 7, 2021 at 12:09 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 7, 2021 at 11:50 am)Fireball Wrote: I served in the Navy, '72-'76. In my rating, there were few guys who even went to services on Sunday. I was in a medical holding company in '74 after my ruptured appendix was removed, and one buddy who was an electronics tech kept trying to get me to go to one of his religious meetings. Wasn't happening. The "A" school for electronics techs was rampant with christ-punchers, though. My eldest son is currently in the Air Force, and lives off base specifically because senior NCOs keep rounding up the lower echelons for bible study whenever they can.

I  joined '69, fourteen hours after graduating from high school. In boot camp I was ordered to attend a church service each week. I hope my snores weren't disruptive.

After boot camp I put "Zoroastrian" in the "Religion" box.

My last ship, we were asked if anyone needed new dog tags. One guy got new ones with "Druid" as the religion.  Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I just dug out my dog tags...says Roman Catholic. Not that it would have mattered either way - last rites or no, dead is dead. MEH

I went through basic in Alabama and by the accents of the drills I would guess most weren't far from home. Sunday mornings were either spent going to church somewhere, I assume, or hanging out at the barracks doing extra chores. We were in old WWII barracks that could never be clean enough. There was never an issue with not going to some chapel somewhere. Those of us who stayed at the barracks actually had a pretty good time...no supervision, the fussy girls were off praying. It just wasn't an issue.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29159 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4877 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1094 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2637 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27814 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 284823 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37005 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30572 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3188 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9748 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13