Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
(August 4, 2021 at 7:43 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's probably more accurate to say that hitlery was poison - to the conservative mind - .  People who'd been listening to hate radio for decades.  She was popular with the establishment, and she did win the vote.  

OTOH, she made those same hate media consumers panic vote for the donald.

I'm glad that you mentioned the history of conservative radio, which deserves a thread of it's own.  You are absolutely right, decades of hate radio took its toll despite Hillary being a solid liberal politician.  Her political and economic positions were not outside the already established territory of the DNC, but for some reason that I've never been able to pinpoint, the GOP just absolutely HATED her and Bill, from the moment Bill was elected President.  The campaign of character assassination that conservatives levelled on them was unthinkably evil.  Perhaps they just feared the potential the couple displayed and feared they would turn the electorate into a Democratic voting machine for decades to come, like a new FDR.  By all rights, we should have had eight years of Hillary Clinton from 2008 - 2016, which would have put the couple in an almost unreachable position of historic power.

I keep hoping I'll wake up to the greatest news story in years, Donald J. Trump has died of a heart attack. Then we can all breath a sigh of relief, but of course ten seconds later we will all jump into the fray of "Damn that DeSantis"!
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(August 4, 2021 at 9:14 am)Spongebob Wrote:
(August 4, 2021 at 7:43 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's probably more accurate to say that hitlery was poison - to the conservative mind - .  People who'd been listening to hate radio for decades.  She was popular with the establishment, and she did win the vote.  

OTOH, she made those same hate media consumers panic vote for the donald.

I'm glad that you mentioned the history of conservative radio, which deserves a thread of it's own.  You are absolutely right, decades of hate radio took its toll despite Hillary being a solid liberal politician.  Her political and economic positions were not outside the already established territory of the DNC, but for some reason that I've never been able to pinpoint, the GOP just absolutely HATED her and Bill, from the moment Bill was elected President.  The campaign of character assassination that conservatives levelled on them was unthinkably evil.  Perhaps they just feared the potential the couple displayed and feared they would turn the electorate into a Democratic voting machine for decades to come, like a new FDR.  By all rights, we should have had eight years of Hillary Clinton from 2008 - 2016, which would have put the couple in an almost unreachable position of historic power.

I keep hoping I'll wake up to the greatest news story in years, Donald J. Trump has died of a heart attack.  Then we can all breath a sigh of relief, but of course ten seconds later we will all jump into the fray of "Damn that DeSantis"!

Yeah - nothing like crowning royalty eh?

Unless of course you don' t like their religion - then you're fucked.....
(August 4, 2021 at 9:14 am)Spongebob Wrote: I'm glad that you mentioned the history of conservative radio, which deserves a thread of it's own.  You are absolutely right, decades of hate radio took its toll despite Hillary being a solid liberal politician.  Her political and economic positions were not outside the already established territory of the DNC, but for some reason that I've never been able to pinpoint, the GOP just absolutely HATED her and Bill, from the moment Bill was elected President.  The campaign of character assassination that conservatives levelled on them was unthinkably evil.  Perhaps they just feared the potential the couple displayed and feared they would turn the electorate into a Democratic voting machine for decades to come, like a new FDR.  By all rights, we should have had eight years of Hillary Clinton from 2008 - 2016, which would have put the couple in an almost unreachable position of historic power.

I keep hoping I'll wake up to the greatest news story in years, Donald J. Trump has died of a heart attack.  Then we can all breath a sigh of relief, but of course ten seconds later we will all jump into the fray of "Damn that DeSantis"!

As someone from a place called Hope, I believe Hillary is far less a politician and leader than Bill.  She was a bad choice for nominee.  She wasn't even that good an attorney.  

I agree that hate radio grew from fear of Bill's success and became the propaganda machine that excreted Trump.
Quote:I see Susan just couldn' t stay away......

And - she will be the first to tell you that she is NOT stalking me....

Bwasahahahaha

[Image: hilarious.gif]
So you had to derail a whole thread to talk about me. Sorry, who's obsessed again? At least my comment was about the actual subject of the thread, And it's even funnier when you consider I never directly address biker which means he had to look through the thread and see my comment and then open it (because he has me on ignore) to even determine I was addressing him. Yeah, great job" ignoring me" Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 4, 2021 at 10:32 am)Ranjr Wrote:
(August 4, 2021 at 9:14 am)Spongebob Wrote: I'm glad that you mentioned the history of conservative radio, which deserves a thread of it's own.  You are absolutely right, decades of hate radio took its toll despite Hillary being a solid liberal politician.  Her political and economic positions were not outside the already established territory of the DNC, but for some reason that I've never been able to pinpoint, the GOP just absolutely HATED her and Bill, from the moment Bill was elected President.  The campaign of character assassination that conservatives levelled on them was unthinkably evil.  Perhaps they just feared the potential the couple displayed and feared they would turn the electorate into a Democratic voting machine for decades to come, like a new FDR.  By all rights, we should have had eight years of Hillary Clinton from 2008 - 2016, which would have put the couple in an almost unreachable position of historic power.

As someone from a place called Hope, I believe Hillary is far less a politician and leader than Bill.  She was a bad choice for nominee.  She wasn't even that good an attorney.  

I agree that hate radio grew from fear of Bill's success and became the propaganda machine that excreted Trump.

It isn’t so much that she was a bad choice, she was the only choice. After Biden decided not to run, who were they left with but Clinton? Sanders? Pete Buttigieg? NO ONE but Clinton had the remotest chance of beating anyone the Republicans fielded.

Be fair - she managed to turn what otherwise would have been a Trump landslide into a squeaker.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 4, 2021 at 11:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 4, 2021 at 10:32 am)Ranjr Wrote: As someone from a place called Hope, I believe Hillary is far less a politician and leader than Bill.  She was a bad choice for nominee.  She wasn't even that good an attorney.  

It isn’t so much that she was a bad choice, she was the only choice. After Biden decided not to run, who were they left with but Clinton? Sanders? Pete Buttigieg? NO ONE but Clinton had the remotest chance of beating anyone the Republicans fielded.

Be fair - she managed to turn what otherwise would have been a Trump landslide into a squeaker.

Boru
I would happily have voted for Pete...

I think he could have trounced Trump..
(August 4, 2021 at 10:32 am)Ranjr Wrote: As someone from a place called Hope, I believe Hillary is far less a politician and leader than Bill.  She was a bad choice for nominee.  She wasn't even that good an attorney.  

Boru
And it wouldn't even have been that if it wasn't for the Electoral College
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 4, 2021 at 11:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It isn’t so much that she was a bad choice, she was the only choice. After Biden decided not to run, who were they left with but Clinton? Sanders? Pete Buttigieg? NO ONE but Clinton had the remotest chance of beating anyone the Republicans fielded.

Boru

Margin of loss is no consolation.  It's fair to say she was a bad choice.  Voters could have responded to Bernie or Pete more so than Hillary.  As we've seen, all it takes to beat a Republican for president is inspire voter turn out.  Hillary doesn't inspire.  Young voters and minorities checked out of that election.
(August 3, 2021 at 9:47 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 3, 2021 at 8:12 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Your attempt to minimize the insurrection on 1/6 by VASTLY misstating the cost of the destruction, is not nit-picking. 
You have no point to make. 
Typical.
Piss off.

You concentrate on the dollar value and overlook the fact that " your team" is fine with death and destruction as long as you' re the ones doing it.

Keep telling us how holy your cause.

Maybe we will believe.

Just like you.

Or not.

Too bad for you, that is totally false. 
I have no holy cause. YOU are the one who raised the WRONG dollar value ... it obviously ,earns a lot to you. You raised it. not me. 
That' does not amount to "concentrate".  
You are the one trying to minimize THE WORST insurrection attempt in modern times.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 

Boru

Not even remotely true.  There were plenty of well qualified Democrats who did not run, for whatever reasons I'm not certain; they just didn't have the national attention of a Hillary or Bernie.  Mario Cuomo would have been a very good contender.  Steve Beshear was Gov of Kentucky at the time and would potentially have brought in some Southern votes.  That's just two; there were more.

I don't know by what criteria you claim Hillary was a worse politician/leader than Bill.  I don't even see how you could make that comparison given that they had such different career paths.  If I'm grading them on complete life experience then Bill has several real sex scandals that would need accounting for that drag down his score.  I don't believe getting a blowjob in the oval office should have resulted in impeachment but it certainly calls his judgement and character into question.

(August 3, 2021 at 9:47 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Piss off.

You concentrate on the dollar value and overlook the fact that " your team" is fine with death and destruction as long as you' re the ones doing it.

Keep telling us how holy your cause.

Maybe we will believe.

Just like you.

Or not.

That is a giant load of horse shit and you know it.  You keep making claims that are 100% from your imagination and pass them off as if they were confirmed by the gods.  You cannot remotely support that nonsensical assertion and YOU KNOW IT!  It is bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!  So, please, shut the fuck up.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29232 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4885 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1095 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2639 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27850 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 285308 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37013 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30583 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3192 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9755 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13