Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith?
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith?
(January 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 3:29 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Yep, if there is a creator/afterlife-judge, He should have either created me without a bullshit detector and gullible enough to belief this nonsense, or else have made a better effort at communicating at the level of intelligence granted us.  But since the idea is absurd on the face of it, who cares?

I find the most absurd thing of all is the excuses that believers make so that they don't have to own up to the more unpleasant consequences of their myth complex.  How can I "choose" hell if I don't want to be in such a place, don't believe it exists, and don't want eternal life of any kind?

In GC's myopic view, I have only two choices and neither one is a good one.  Either I have to lie to myself about believing in GC's god and also violate the core of my moral sensibility by agreeing to let Jesus be sacrificed on my behalf, or an insanely powerful being will condemn me to never-ending torment.  I have no viable choice, and it's bullshit to say that I do have a choice.

And this kind of shit makes me absolutely furious.  I'm appalled and disgusted by GC's stance, so much so that if I had the power to do so I would literally destroy all vestiges of his faith and reduce him to a sobbing heap on the floor, and I would do so without a single regret.

They've got to be condescending to piss me off that much. I just see GC as a victim of all the kool aid he was hooked on early. I'd rather just see xtians learn not to see different worldviews as a threat to his own. If he could also recognize that he lacks grounds for certainty, it might just help him develop more tolerance for other points of view. Unfortunately he thinks he is duty bound to shove the 'good' word our way until he expires. Pity.
(January 11, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 2:22 am)Godscreated Wrote: It's you that has chosen to go to hell and suffer all that it has to offer. So how does that make God responsible.

By refusing to provide a viable option to accommodate my utterly intractable non-belief and my completely non-negotiable refusal to accept a saviour.

Your god is without excuse.

Guess then when you die you are in for an unbelievable surprise.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 12, 2018 at 2:07 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Astreja Wrote: By refusing to provide a viable option to accommodate my utterly intractable non-belief and my completely non-negotiable refusal to accept a saviour.

Your god is without excuse.

Guess then when you die you are in for an unbelievable surprise.

GC
Correct. The whole lot is not believable.
(January 12, 2018 at 2:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: Guess then when you die you are in for an unbelievable surprise.

I have every reason to suspect that you're utterly wrong about that -- mainly because there is no good evidence for life after death in any form -- but if so, it's infinitely better than worshipping your evil tyrant god, its undead bastard son, and Satan's evil twin the Holy Spook.

Bring it on, Yahweh -- if you can, which I very much doubt.
(January 12, 2018 at 2:25 am)Astreja Wrote:
(January 12, 2018 at 2:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: Guess then when you die you are in for an unbelievable surprise.

I have every reason to suspect that you're utterly wrong about that -- mainly because there is no good evidence for life after death in any form -- but if so, it's infinitely better than worshipping your evil tyrant god, its undead bastard son, and Satan's evil twin the Holy Spook.

Bring it on, Yahweh -- if you can, which I very much doubt.

I'll just let you live with that and yes you are another one of the children here who do not have respect for those who believe differently than you do. By the way suspecting something is a long way from the truth.

GC

(January 12, 2018 at 2:24 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(January 12, 2018 at 2:07 am)Godscreated Wrote:  Guess then when you die you are in for an unbelievable surprise.

GC
Correct. The whole lot is not believable.

You might not believe it but that by no means makes it untrue, but like I've said before death will reveal the truth.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 12, 2018 at 3:52 am)Godscreated Wrote: I'll just let you live with that and yes you are another one of the children here who do not have respect for those who believe differently than you do.

Oh, how nice of you to "let" me live with my own beliefs!

Listen, you insufferable little prick, and listen very well.  I do not need your assent or permission or approval for anything at all.  I believe with every fibre of my being that you are living a lie, and using that lie to bully other people into accepting an immoral and disgusting belief.  I also believe that you will never make it to heaven and that every prayer you have ever said is wasted words.  I can clearly visualize your corpse rotting in its grave, an infinite distance in time/space from the paradise you expect.

Respect has to be earned, and respect can be lost.  You lost my respect a long time ago, and it has nothing to do with your beliefs and everything to do with how you present them.  Smarten the fuck up.
(January 12, 2018 at 10:01 am)Astreja Wrote:
(January 12, 2018 at 3:52 am)Godscreated Wrote: I'll just let you live with that and yes you are another one of the children here who do not have respect for those who believe differently than you do.

Oh, how nice of you to "let" me live with my own beliefs!

Listen, you insufferable little prick, and listen very well.  I do not need your assent or permission or approval for anything at all.  I believe with every fibre of my being that you are living a lie, and using that lie to bully other people into accepting an immoral and disgusting belief.  I also believe that you will never make it to heaven and that every prayer you have ever said is wasted words.  I can clearly visualize your corpse rotting in its grave, an infinite distance in time/space from the paradise you expect.

Respect has to be earned, and respect can be lost.  You lost my respect a long time ago, and it has nothing to do with your beliefs and everything to do with how you present them.  Smarten the fuck up.

What a pleasant person you are, as pleasant as an erupting volcano. Your beliefs mean nothing to me and your visions are worthless, I know what I know and present it so others can make a choice about it, I've never tried to push what I believe on others because i know that to be a wrong and useless way to present things. By the way you completely misunderstood what the other post was about. Your hatred more Christians astounds me I sure hope you do not apply it to those who can't handle it. Remember God's protection around Job, well He gives His sons and daughters protection, too.

GC
(January 10, 2018 at 6:03 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
Quote:First you have to accept Jesus as you savior and Lord, then ask for forgiveness. What son do you believe you haven't committed.

Forgot to mention that no matter how good of a person you are, if you don't pray to Jesus he will torture you. This doesn't sound like a dictator at all.

Sorry your post didn't show up in my alerts and I don't go trying to run down anything that's not in my alerts, just happened across it, thought you had lost interest.

Good has nothing do do with being saved, you can never be good enough. Only through the grace of God are you save (you might want to look up what grace refers to in the biblical sense concerning God). When one is saved they want to pray to God, if someone claims to be saved and they do not spend personal time with God then they should doubt that they are saved, and the fail will not be on Jesus but the one who has no desire to love Him and learn all they can about Him. Besides the Bible never calls hell torture so you either have not read the Bible or you're just making up your own false version. By the way I do not forget to mention things that are not true, I refuse to present trash and lies, my standard is higher than that because of Jesus.

Quote:You are sending yourself to hell, you have a choice to live with the God of the universe forever, the decision is yours and yours alone. God did not invent hell from the eternal past God has known the for need of hell.

DA Wrote:So criminals are arresting themselves, they have the choice to not break the law. DarkMatter2525 made a video on this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJgLBoB_Pw.

DarkMatter doesn't know my God, the only and living God. That analogy is just stupid, the criminal chooses to break the law and cares not for the consequences and when they are caught they fall under the penalties and receive the punishment. The consequences have been plainly laid out for you to choose, it's up to you and if you continue in your refusal to choose Christ well.... all I know to say is you've been warned by someone who cares about your eternal destination.

Quote:They were blamed for the first sin because this allowed sin into the world. We have to suffer the consequences of that disobedience. It doesn't matter what today's humans think or believe, what matter is what God says, He is in total control it is His universe and He can do with it as He sees fit. The only say you have in the matter is saying yes to Jesus. The tree was The tree of knowledge of good and evil, not what's right or wrong. They knew the difference between right and wrong with only one commandment to keep. So you see there's a huge difference in saying right and wrong vs good and evil.

DA Wrote:If it doesn't matter what humans think why did God give us the ability to think?

After what you asked and then I give you the answer you can come up with only such a simplistic and unrelated question. In college people will have a field day with you, so you better be ready for some serious ridicule from those you will be attending college with and daddy want be there to protect you either. Now to answer that really bad question.

God gave us brains to use to get through life and to intelligently come to an understanding of who He is, God cares nothing for the foolish thoughts of man especially those that are against what He has established. If you had ever cared to open the Bible and read it with some type of intelligence you could have known this and you would have asked a more sensible question pertaining to what you originally asked. Please act like you are ready for college. 

Quote:This is easy, wrong is disobedience of God's will and right is doing the will of God obediently.

DA Wrote:So it means you have to do as you're taught without thinking for yoursel.

Let me tell you something that hopefully you will live long enough to understand years from now. Information past down from one generation to the next is how we progress, if we have to relearn everything just because we are to stubborn to believe what those who came before us taught us then we would set still and never progress. Thinking intelligently for ourselves is exactly what God wants, so we can make the choice between ourselves or God. One leads to an eternal life full of grace and worship (remember you need to understand the biblical meaning of grace) the other leads to an eternal punishment you make for yourself while you are alive here on this planet. Yes your's will be different from others if you find yourself in hell, it's a personal fit type of punishment.

Quote:No He can't change it, that would interfere with your free choice between heaven and hell. God has already lived and continually does live the future.

DA Wrote:So he's not all-powerfull.

You must have missed what I bold above. Just because God finds no desire nor need to do things outside of who He is doesn't mean He's not all powerful. You need to get over all these long ago defeated arguments and think for yourself, you are young and easily influenced by the atheist who will say anything over and over no matter how many times it's been shown to be wrong, that I call complete stupidity, they do it out of hate. Is this what you want to become known as, a mindless hater of Christianity who will say anything to make an invalid point, if so you certainly are not ready for college. God created the universe and since then billions have lived and not managed to create a single living thing, they have managed to hate and kill each other because of self pride, know that there is quite the accomplishment wouldn't you say, killing life before creating any.

Quote:What personal benefit? God will not prevent all evil, He allowed a great evil to come upon the Son and why because He loves you, it's simple. God doesn't care about epicurean-paradox or any other man made thoughts to explain Him away. By the way you will see the power of our almighty God one of these days and I hope it's not to late for you. But, it is your decision and ultimately you will be to blame for your own sin as Adam and Eve were blamed for theirs.

DA Wrote:So God doesn't care about what humans think about Him? And just because He sees things different it doesn't mean that He's right.

God is always right that's a default because of who He is. God cares what men think about Him it's why He allowed the Son to suffer and die on a cross. God doesn't care about what is obviously false thoughts coming from man, God knows all and finds it archaic that man can think no better than he does when it comes to Him.

GC
(January 13, 2018 at 1:42 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 12, 2018 at 10:01 am)Astreja Wrote: Oh, how nice of you to "let" me live with my own beliefs!

What a pleasant person you are, as pleasant as an erupting volcano. Your beliefs mean nothing to me and your visions are worthless, I know what I know and present it so others can make a choice about it, I've never tried to push what I believe on others because i know that to be a wrong and useless way to present things. By the way you completely misunderstood what the other post was about. Your hatred more Christians astounds me I sure hope you do not apply it to those who can't handle it. Remember God's protection around Job, well He gives His sons and daughters protection, too.

GC
Wow. 

You should know that I am familiar with Astreja from elsewhere on the interwebs. A more cogent and thoughtful poster you would struggle to find.
(January 13, 2018 at 6:05 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: You should know that I am familiar with Astreja from elsewhere on the interwebs. A more cogent and thoughtful poster you would struggle to find.

Thank you for that.  I try to be thoughtful, but I find "believe or burn" proselytizing so offensive and evil that sometimes I just lose it.  For me it is the ultimate deal-breaker, the reason I will never become a Christian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14211 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 12187 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59197 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4715 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6546 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4545 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5739 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 28128 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5733 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 38302 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman