Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Guys, does it get tiresome to keep hitting so soft a target?
(May 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: They are your words. You own them.

Bible god is an immoral thug.

Not in the way you want it to.

Wrong. It's chemistry pure and simple.

Wrong again. I simply have little patience for grown adults who believe in magic.

Only 10 percent of the Bible is supernatural.  The Creator can do as He pleases with His creation which allows for some supernatural events.
That doesn't matter. The god of the bible is an immoral thug.
(May 11, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Guys, does it get tiresome to keep hitting so soft a target?

LOL, never.

On that note, CDF.  The reason that you;ve failed to convince anyone is that your own means of inference is unconvincing to -you-. You may be convinced of the articles of your faith and the god you believe in..sure...but the actual; argument you're presenting, not at all.

You don;t think that complexity is specifically indicative of design, and you don;t think that simple things are examples of undesigned things, conversely. Rocks and 747s....both designed. Right from the outset, you don;t trust your own inference..so why should we?

Following from that, you fail to acknowledge that this design you can;t demonstrate, if it required a designer - which you can;t demonstrate, would still not require a god..............which you can;t demonstrate. This much is common human knowledge. 747s required a designer, but that designer wasn;t whatever god it is you think designed rocks, nor is whatever is meant by design the same in the case of rocks and 747s.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The Creator can do as He pleases with His creation which allows for some supernatural events.

I'm going to use this.
Let's say there is some sort of creator of the Universe.
Could that creator not have created the Universe in such a way that all the biological machinery would eventually, in time, develop and become just as we see it today?
Could this all not be a product of evolution, planned by the creator?
Or are you of the opinion that the creator is incompetent and his initial act of creation needed some extra tweaking afterwards?
(May 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood,..."

There's always a stage where they start quoting scripture isn't there.

It starts with them being all bolshy and presenting their entire armoury of arguments that they have learnt by rote from a religionist book without any critical thinking on their part. So after they get a load of counter-arguments they don't know how to deal with, they repeat what they said before, this time with far less attention to detail, in the hope that something better will happen. They then get reminded that the counter-arguments they didn't understand have been repeated multiple times by now. So they know nothing else to do but start quoting scripture in desperation. But this too is a finite resource because they don't actually know their bible too well. So then they go away to lick their wounds and think up a new topic which may fare better. For long enough at least that people forget when the first topic of conversation came up so it can be rehashed from the start again.
(May 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Only 10 percent of the Bible is supernatural.  The Creator can do as He pleases with His creation which allows for some supernatural events.

Like wipe man from the face of the earth because it fucked up? Well, except one family that then had to co-mingle with first cousins. It was worse for the animals. 

Nice god ya got there. 

[Image: brewviews_3937(deliverance).jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 11, 2018 at 3:39 pm)surreptitious57 Wrote: The definition of a singularity is a point of infinite density compressed into a space of zero volume. Such a point cannot exist because it would be non physical. Also the singularity as hereby defined is expressly forbidden by Quantum Mechanics. If the singularity did exist it would have to possess infinitesimal dimension and a density less than infinite.  Mathematically that is expressed as asymptotic which are two lines getting closer to each other that never actually meet and can extend for infinity. In scientific terms this does not mean that time began at the Big Bang rather that the singularity did not experience it happening

The two proponents of the Big Bang theory in 1970 namely Hawking and Penrose have both subsequently disowned it and no physicist nowadays thinks that the Universe came from absolute nothing 13.72 billion years ago. Also it was not actually the beginning of the Universe as such merely local cosmic expansion. And so there is no reason as to why it cannot be temporally infinite with no absolute beginning

Fantastic explanation. Certainly cleared things up for me. Thanks!
(May 11, 2018 at 6:16 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The Creator can do as He pleases with His creation which allows for some supernatural events.

I'm going to use this.
Could that creator not have created the Universe in such a way that all the biological machinery would eventually, in time, develop and become just as we see it today?
Or are you of the opinion that the creator is incompetent and his initial act of creation needed some extra tweaking afterwards?

I believe in some micro-evolution used as part of the implementation of the design but that is all.  I don't believe there is macro-evolution or a change of kinds.
(May 11, 2018 at 6:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 6:16 pm)pocaracas Wrote: I'm going to use this.

I believe in some micro-evolution used as part of the implementation of the design but that is all.  I don't believe there is macro-evolution or a change of kinds.

So you're saying that your creator god is an incompetent one that couldn't create everything just right, huh?
Interesting...
Or are you a Young Earth Creationist? Where that god created things as they are nowadays?
I just hope people on here can see through your cheap debate tricks and bad arguments and spin. From ridicule to straw man arguments, I have seen nothing of much reason whatsoever. There were some attempts at providing some information backed by sources which is good but mostly just baseless claims and weak arguments on the atheist side of this discussion.

(May 11, 2018 at 6:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(May 11, 2018 at 6:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I believe in some micro-evolution used as part of the implementation of the design but that is all.  I don't believe there is macro-evolution or a change of kinds.

So you're saying that your creator god is an incompetent one that couldn't create everything just right, huh?
Interesting...
Or are you a Young Earth Creationist? Where that god created things as they are nowadays?

Do to the fall, things are not perfect.  That is pretty clear in Scripture.

I am an Old Earth Creationist and believe in the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey