Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 10:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 26, 2018 at 2:06 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: CDF47:
[Image: August-03-2011-18-33-14-l.jpeg]

[Image: NLKgwZAl.png]

Fify
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 25, 2018 at 5:11 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 25, 2018 at 10:49 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: What makes them excellent scientists, in your opinion? That is, what makes them so much better than the average scientist?

Dr. Meyer earned his PhD from Cambridge.  He is a very intelligent man if you read his materials and listen to him speak and debate.  He knows his science, that's for sure.  Dr. Behe is highly intelligent in this way as well.

Wow, that really makes him stand out from all the low IQ scientists without PhDs, huh? I bet they wish they could be excellent scientists like those two, but they have to settle for running experiments and discovering new things, when it's books and debates that make you an EXCELLENT scientist.

(May 25, 2018 at 7:03 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 25, 2018 at 7:01 pm)Kit Wrote: You personally want it to be too complicated.  You personally want the only explanation to be design through a creator.  You are jumping ahead of science by inserting your subjective answer of "god" into it, bypassing knowledge for a readily comforting answer.

Information of this sort only ever comes from a mind or an intelligence.  That is why I use the words design and created.

Everything we've observed to have been designed was produced by biological organisms with a physical brain, so we will never discover anything designed that wasn't produced by a biological organism with a physical brain.

It's not great logic, but it's still better founded than yours.

(May 25, 2018 at 7:08 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 25, 2018 at 7:06 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Hey, theres an interesting one, actually.  Computers write code.  Do computers possess mind or intelligence?

Computers need to be designed and built by intelligent designers.  They then need to be programmed to do programming.  Similarly, the universe and living systems are designed and created to perform design and creation.

You mean like through unconscious processes that produce seemingly-designed products, like snowflakes and DNA?

(May 26, 2018 at 3:40 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 3:37 am)Khemikal Wrote: -a claim betrayed by the admission that computers produce such information.

Computers are designed and built by an intelligence.  A programmer then programs a computer what to do.  It took a number of first causes to get a computer to program.

By definition, there can be no more than one 'first cause'.

(May 26, 2018 at 4:09 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 4:07 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Oh balls.  There are different ways to conceive of information, primarily Shannon's or the Kolmogorov-Chaitin.  CSI is just pseudoscientific bullshit.

CSI is an important aspect of science.  ID is used in multiple fields like archeology, anthopology, forensics, SETI,...

And what is a standard unit of measurement for CSI?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Quote:You mean like through unconscious processes that produce seemingly-designed products, like snowflakes and DNA?
Oh no that's the wrong information .Because ID needs it to be .Oh and the Ad hoc excuses that god is behind the snowflakes. In such a way as it looks like it's nature being nature .

Quote:And what is a standard unit of measurement for CSI?
Mount rushmore apparently

Quote:Wow, that really makes him stand out from all the low IQ scientists without PhDs, huh? I bet they wish they could be excellent scientists like those two, but they have to settle for running experiments and discovering new things, when it's books and debates that make you an EXCELLENT scientist.
Oh no you see there is this conspiracy that an ID propaganda film that's refuted six ways from Sunday says is happening . And it not just  an excuse ID advocates cooked up to excuse their failures.

Quote:Everything we've observed to have been designed was produced by biological organisms with a physical brain, so we will never discover anything designed that wasn't produced by a biological organism with a physical brain. 

It's not great logic, but it's still better founded than yours
Or you could be more specific and point to the fact we have never seen" design" as described outside of human artifics . And have zero reason to believe that any exists outside human design . Accept by fallacy .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 26, 2018 at 6:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 1:11 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Would you like to revise your earlier statements then, and claim that a paper airplane is intelligent, for example, since it was also created by us?   I feel like you're reflexively disagreeing more out of fear, than sense.

This is pretty mundane stuff.

It is not intelligent but it is complex and specified and has a Creator.

So, then, if a paper airplane is not intelligent, the fact that a computer is.. is not for having been created by us..this is a trait that a computer shares with unintelligent things, like paper airplanes.  

I;m entirely uninterested in your creator beliefs, at present...though I;m amused that you capitalized it out of habit even though you were referring to human beings.

Moving forward, if you're ready to participate..now.

A mindless intelligence can account for the sorts of information which you take to be instructive.  Agreed?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 26, 2018 at 9:54 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 6:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It is not intelligent but it is complex and specified and has a Creator.

So, then, if a paper airplane is not intelligent, the fact that a computer is.. is not for having been created by us..this is a trait that a computer shares with unintelligent things, like paper airplanes.  

I;m entirely uninterested in your creator beliefs, at present...though I;m amused that you capitalized it out of habit even though you were referring to human beings.

A mindless intelligence can account for the sorts of information which you take to be instructive.  Agreed?

It takes an intelligent mind to be instructive.
(May 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It takes an intelligent mind to be instructive.

Not really.
(May 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 9:54 pm)Khemikal Wrote: So, then, if a paper airplane is not intelligent, the fact that a computer is.. is not for having been created by us..this is a trait that a computer shares with unintelligent things, like paper airplanes.  

It takes an intelligent mind to be instructive.

Not what I asked you, no more true than the last thing you said to avoid answering a simple question, and frankly...disappointing.

You tell me when you're ready to participate in your own thread.  K?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 26, 2018 at 10:31 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It takes an intelligent mind to be instructive.

Not really.

The first cause had to be an intelligent mind that built the machine.

(May 26, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Khemikal Wrote:

Not what I asked you, no more true than the last thing you said to avoid answering a simple question, and frankly...disappointing.

(May 26, 2018 at 10:32 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 10:31 pm)Kit Wrote: Not really.

Incorrect, and I will repeat it for every time you repeat your nonsense.
(May 26, 2018 at 10:32 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 26, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Not what I asked you, no more true than the last thing you said to avoid answering a simple question, and frankly...disappointing.

All MRE meat slices are made of tuna.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey