Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(February 26, 2019 at 5:13 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(February 25, 2019 at 9:57 pm)fredd bear Wrote:  Just so. 

They are collectively known as 'the mitzvot',or just 'the law', meaning The Law Of Moses. They may all be found in the Torah, also known as the pentateuch. (Greek for 'five books')

"The tradition that 613 commandments (Hebrew: תרי"ג מצוות, taryag mitzvot, "613 mitzvot") is the number of mitzvot in the Torah, began in the 3rd century CE, when Rabbi Simlai mentioned it in a sermon that is recorded in Talmud Makkot 23b.[1]

Although there have been a lot of attempts to codify and enumerate the commandments contained in the Torah, the most traditional enumeration is Maimonides'. The 613 commandments include "positive commandments", to perform an act (mitzvot aseh), and "negative commandments", to abstain from certain acts (mitzvot lo taaseh). The negative commandments number 365, which coincides with the number of days in the solar year, and the positive commandments number 248, a number ascribed to the number of bones and main organs in the human body (Babylonian Talmud, Makkot 23b–24a).[2] Though the number 613 is mentioned in the Talmud, its real significance increased in later medieval rabbinic literature, including many works listing or arranged by the mitzvot. Three types of negative commandments fall under the self-sacrificial principle yehareg ve'al ya'avor, meaning "One should let oneself be killed rather than violate it". These are murder, idolatry, and forbidden sexual relations.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

The link below is to a full list of the mitzvot.

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

There is some confusion among Christians about The Law Of Moses.

Jesus said categorically, that he had no come to change The Law , by "a jot or a tittle" (English translation.)---Then along came Paul. He abolished all the ritual mitzvah, including dietary laws and the bris* (circumcision) I did that so gentiles could join, which they did, in great numbers. Being very similar to at least one of the mystery religions Christianity  became an instant hit with the marginalised, especially women and slaves.

Matthew 5:18

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Of course, apologists tend to hav a rather different  interpretation, as they always do when dogma might be contradicted.  Hehe

* This is not one of the 613 mitzvah, but part of Abraham's covenant with god.

All the Scriptures are inspired by God.  We are no longer under the law but under the grace of God.

The complex and functional information in DNA could not have come about by chance. It could have only come about by design.  Clear as crystal.

Repeating the same old shit, time after time, does not make it anything more than shit. 
You have demonstrated here you know nothing about biochemistry, evolution and science in general. 
What is crystal clear to you actually is ignorance and false.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(February 26, 2019 at 5:31 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(February 26, 2019 at 4:42 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Man does not determine individual moral codes.  That would be very dangerous.
Back to lying again. I just told you that I do it. I have to make moral judgments every day. Those judgements come from me. Not some magic sky fairy. Not some magic book.

So you are lying.

(February 26, 2019 at 4:42 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Adam knew not to disobey God because God gave a direct command and told Adam he would surely die if He did not follow God's command.
Adam didn't know it was wrong. Adam didn't die.

And don't trot out the inevitable excuse that he did die eventually after 930 years. God stated that it would be the very same day in Gen 2:17. Not to mention god got scared at the idea that Adam could eat from the other tree and become like him. Gen 3:22

Nice try at twisting Genesis around.  Adam did die as promised.  God was not scared.  Just because he gained knowledge of evil did not make him like God.  God is all powerful.  

You have an inner sense of morality because of God.

(February 26, 2019 at 6:22 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(February 25, 2019 at 7:03 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: C0-AB802-A-9-ACF-4075-BFC6-7-D145-F29-A11-C.png]

Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

(February 26, 2019 at 5:19 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It is not fake.  All the Scriptures are the inspired word of God.  Revelation predicts future events to unfold similar to Daniel's dream.  It is highly symbolic and a great book of the Scriptures.

Of course it is, liar.  Being in the bible is a dead giveaway.  It's not known as the world's most idiotic fantasy novel for no reason, you know.

PS, if you're a christian, tell me this, which version if genesis is the approved one? The "god created light" or the "Adam and Eve" one? They are mutually exclusive.

God created light in the Big Bang and later He created Adam and Eve.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
1200 pages ago this was allegedly about dna, now its about how god DID TOO! make the mud golems.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 27, 2019 at 1:41 am)CDF47 Wrote: God created light in the Big Bang and later He created Adam and Eve.

So you don't believe either, then. What parts of the bible do you believe, liar?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(February 27, 2019 at 1:41 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(February 26, 2019 at 5:31 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Back to lying again. I just told you that I do it. I have to make moral judgments every day. Those judgements come from me. Not some magic sky fairy. Not some magic book.

So you are lying.

Adam didn't know it was wrong. Adam didn't die.

And don't trot out the inevitable excuse that he did die eventually after 930 years. God stated that it would be the very same day in Gen 2:17. Not to mention god got scared at the idea that Adam could eat from the other tree and become like him. Gen 3:22

Nice try at twisting Genesis around.  Adam did die as promised.  God was not scared.  Just because he gained knowledge of evil did not make him like God.
Liar

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Adam didn't die that day.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

God was indeed afraid that Adam would become his equal. And who the fuck is "us"?
(February 27, 2019 at 1:41 am)CDF47 Wrote:   God is all powerful. 
Liar. Your magic book specifically states he is not. 

(February 27, 2019 at 1:41 am)CDF47 Wrote: You have an inner sense of morality because of God.
Liar. You cannot know that at all. And it is a false claim. And it demonstrates the towering pride and arrogance of believers like you.
(February 27, 2019 at 1:41 am)CDF47 Wrote: God created light in the Big Bang and later He created Adam and Eve.

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur. Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
[quote pid='1887847' dateline='1551246060']

FSM created light in the Big Ba-Boom and later it created Anchellini and Elicoidali
[/quote]

FiFY
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Nomad

That's nice, child.
There was no light after the Big Bang for millions of years. 
https://jwst.nasa.gov/firstlight.html
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]Caecilius Statius:
Fear created the first gods in the world. 
(February 26, 2019 at 5:13 pm)CDF47 Wrote: All the Scriptures are inspired by God.  We are no longer under the law but under the grace of God.

“Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.” (Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason)

“The book of Job is one of the most powerful arguments against God in the atheist arsenal. It proves once and for all that YHWH is not a good god. Even if such a god exists, we surely cannot rely on him to define our morals, to tell us what is good or bad. If holiness is what gods do, then holiness is a terrible thing.” (Victor J. Stenger)

“I know of no book which has been a source of brutality and sadistic conduct, both public and private, than can compare with the Bible.” (Reginald Paget)

“The Bible has not civilized mankind. A book that establishes and defends slavery and wanton war is not calculated to soften the hearts of those who believe implicitly that it is the work of God. A book that not only permits, but commands, religious persecution, has not, in my judgment, developed the affectional nature of man. Its influence has been bad and bad only. It has filled the world with bitterness, revenge and crime, and retarded in countless ways the progress of our race.” (Robert G. Ingersoll)

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." (Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion) Jesus
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey