Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bend in the road to the White House.
Bend in the road to the White House.
Good for this guy. We have some great talent this political round for 2020. I just saw this guy on Morning Joe. Mayor of South Bend Indiana. Gay and ex military too. But what I really liked about what he said, was something I have been saying for years. He kept on pointing out the 40 year GOP strategy to erode workers voices and keep wages stagnate. 

https://twitter.com/petebuttigieg?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg
RE: Bend in the road to the White House.
He never would have made a single national headline if it weren't for the fact that he is gay. He's another ivy league educated trickle down diversity candidate. Aside from an ivy league education, his resume is pretty thin.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(February 14, 2019 at 9:19 am)Yonadav Wrote: He never would have made a single national headline if it weren't for the fact that he is gay. He's another ivy league educated trickle down diversity candidate. Aside from an ivy league education, his resume is pretty thin.

Yea, just like, "He never would have become president if he were not black."

Why the fuck should it bother you if he is? Our original motto is "E-Pluribus Unum". 

And no, he is 100% against Reagan's failed trickle down economics. 

This is a problem with our species in it's entire history worldwide. Humans fear change, and your response here is more proof.

I voted for Obama for the same reason I voted for Hillary. And in 2020 if Trump suddenly announced he was a log cabin Republican, and was only married because he feared being out, he'd still be a fucking dick.

I think you fail to understand that our history started out in a very bigoted age, where only whites had any rights, and not even white women had the right to vote. I think America is far better of now as far as individual rights and I see no reason whatsoever gays should not be considered for public office.

And it is amazing to me you'd say such stupid crap identifying yourself as Jewish.
(February 14, 2019 at 9:38 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 9:19 am)Yonadav Wrote: He never would have made a single national headline if it weren't for the fact that he is gay. He's another ivy league educated trickle down diversity candidate. Aside from an ivy league education, his resume is pretty thin.

Yea, just like, "He never would have become president if he were not black."

Why the fuck should it bother you if he is? Our original motto is "E-Pluribus Unum". 

This is a problem with our species in it's entire history worldwide. Humans fear change, and your response here is more proof.

I voted for Obama for the same reason I voted for Hillary. And in 2020 if Trump suddenly announced he was a log cabin Republican, and was only married because he feared being out, he'd still be a fucking dick.

I think you fail to understand that our history started out in a very bigoted age, where only whites had any rights, and not even white women had the right to vote. I think America is far better of now as far as individual rights and I see no reason whatsoever gays should not be considered for public office.

And it is amazing to me you'd say such stupid crap identifying yourself as Jewish.

Yeah, you completely missed my point. I voted for Obama. I think that he was a pretty good president, although he sort of pissed me off when he backed off on making the rich pay their fair share after winning the 2012 election. Making the pay their fair share was one of his main 2012 campaign promises. But still, I have a pretty favorable view of Obama despite the fact that he is an Ivy League elitist.

You are an absolute pinhead for identity politics and trickle down diversity. He's black? So what? He's gay? So what? That someone is black or gay means absolutely nothing to me. But I do get a little bent out of shape when diversity pinheads want to vote for people just because they are black, gay, or female. Especially when the black, gay, or female candidate is an Ivy League elitist. Diversity doesn't trickle down, man. In fact, I think that trickle down diversity entrenches equality among the elite at the expense of common people. It is at the expense of common people because the elite live insular lives among the elite. So inequality is something far removed from their world, so it matters less.

So now you are gushing over an Ivy League elitist mostly because he is gay. That is true. You know damn well he never would have made a single national headline if he weren't gay. No one, anywhere, gives a shit about the mayor of Southbend Indiana. It's being a gay elitist that makes a story about him marketable.

Here's how trickle down diversity works:

Christine Blasey Ford makes a tenuous accusation against Bret Kavanaugh. The complaint is taken very seriously because she is Professor of Psychology at Palo Alto and also works at Stanford.

Jane Nobody calls the #MeToo hotline.  She has names of witnesses, an exact date, and a specific location. She has pictures that were taken by witnesses and signed and dated by Bret Kavanaugh himself. Then the hotline operator asks Jane Nobody what her occupation is. Jane Nobody says that she's a waitress at Denny's. The hotline operator hangs up and makes a 'crazy' sign with her forefinger by the side of her head.

That's the crap that you want to vote for, dude.

Get excited about some candidates who attended half a dozen state universities in their quest for a four year degree. I don't care if they are black, gay, or female. AOC excites me. She was working as a bartender. That's what I'm talking about.
(February 14, 2019 at 10:17 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 9:38 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea, just like, "He never would have become president if he were not black."

Yeah, you completely missed my point. I voted for Obama. I think that he was a pretty good president, although he sort of pissed me off when he backed off on making the rich pay their fair share after winning the 2012 election. Making the pay their fair share was one of his main 2012 campaign promises. But still, I have a pretty favorable view of Obama despite the fact that he is an Ivy League elitist.

You are an absolute pinhead for identity politics and trickle down diversity. He's black? So what? He's gay? So what? That someone is black or gay means absolutely nothing to me. But I do get a little bent out of shape when diversity pinheads want to vote for people just because they are black, gay, or female. Especially when the black, gay, or female candidate is an Ivy League elitist. Diversity doesn't trickle down, man. In fact, I think that trickle down diversity entrenches equality among the elite at the expense of common people. It is at the expense of common people because the elite live insular lives among the elite. So inequality is something far removed from their world, so it matters less.

So now you are gushing over an Ivy League elitist mostly because he is gay. That is true. You know damn well he never would have made a single national headline if he weren't gay. No one, anywhere, gives a shit about the mayor of Southbend Indiana. It's being a gay elitist that makes a story about him marketable.

Christine Blasey Ford makes a tenuous accusation against Bret Kavanaugh. The complaint is taken very seriously because she is Professor of Psychology at Palo Alto and also works at Stanford.

Jane Nobody calls the #MeToo hotline.  She has names of witnesses, an exact date, and a specific location. She has pictures that were taken by witnesses and signed and dated by Bret Kavanaugh himself. Then the hotline operator asks Jane Nobody what her occupation is. Jane Nobody says that she's a waitress at Denny's. The hotline operator hangs up and makes a 'crazy' sign with her forefinger by the side of her head.

Get excited about some candidates who attended half a dozen state universities in their quest for a four year degree. I don't care if they are black, gay, or female. AOC excites me. She was working as a bartender. That's what I'm talking about.

Good, so you voted for Obama? So why are you flipping out about a gay man running?

And as far as taxes, you do understand how government works? Obama cant do everything by himself.

A bill gets written by the House or the Senate, then goes to the other chamber for reconciliation, or it dies if it doesn't get enough votes. If a bill goes through both chambers, then it goes to the White House to be signed by the President, or vetoed. If it gets vetoed the congress decides to let it die, or they push it through with tweaks again, if it gets to the President the second time, they are bound by the Constitution to sign it.

I'd love to see the rich pay more in taxes. But our process of any LAW STILL getting passed resides on having enough support, and our concept in this country is you compromise. So the real failure was not Obama. The real failure is OUR VOTERS gave up as democrats under Reagan, and since then, we have failed to give enough pressure and support to keep the numbers up to a great enough degree so that we don't have to compromise.

Politics isn't about a hero being in office, politics is bottom up. It isn't enough to simply focus on one office, be it the President, or your Rep or your Senator. Long term success is about getting the numbers at every level to get to the point of your side controlling the narrative.

Democrats are great at showing up in Presidential elections. But that is not enough. The reason the GOP gets what they want, more often than not is because they think locally, state and national, every day, every year. 

Dems long term, are not going to be effective, if we don't beat the GOP at the numbers game.
(February 14, 2019 at 10:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 10:17 am)Yonadav Wrote: Yeah, you completely missed my point. I voted for Obama. I think that he was a pretty good president, although he sort of pissed me off when he backed off on making the rich pay their fair share after winning the 2012 election. Making the pay their fair share was one of his main 2012 campaign promises. But still, I have a pretty favorable view of Obama despite the fact that he is an Ivy League elitist.

Good, so you voted for Obama? So why are you flipping out about a gay man running?

And as far as taxes, you do understand how government works? Obama cant do everything by himself.

A bill gets written by the House or the Senate, then goes to the other chamber for reconciliation, or it dies if it doesn't get enough votes. If a bill goes through both chambers, then it goes to the White House to be signed by the President, or vetoed. If it gets vetoed the congress decides to let it die, or they push it through with tweaks again, if it gets to the President the second time, they are bound by the Constitution to sign it.

I'd love to see the rich pay more in taxes. But our process of any LAW STILL getting passed resides on having enough support, and our concept in this country is you compromise. So the real failure was not Obama. The real failure is OUR VOTERS gave up as democrats under Reagan, and since then, we have failed to give enough pressure and support to keep the numbers up to a great enough degree so that we don't have to compromise.

Politics isn't about a hero being in office, politics is bottom up. It isn't enough to simply focus on one office, be it the President, or your Rep or your Senator. Long term success is about getting the numbers at every level to get to the point of your side controlling the narrative.

Democrats are great at showing up in Presidential elections. But that is not enough. The reason the GOP gets what they want, more often than not is because they think locally, state and national, every day, every year. 

Dems long term, are not going to be effective, if we don't beat the GOP at the numbers game.

I'm not flipping out about a gay man running for office. I'm criticizing you for getting all excited about him, despite his incredibly thin resume. You're excited about him because he is a diversity candidate. You don't give a shit that he is an Ivy League elitist in a long line of Ivy League elitists.

Let's see how excited you get about this Richard Ojeda. He's Latino, but most people see a white guy when they look at him. He attended state university in West Virginia. He supports Medicare for All, legal weed, and wants to wage a campaign against political lobbies. He retired from the Army with the rank of Major and two bronze stars. He's certainly not an elitist. Be thrilled with him, Brian. I dare you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ojeda
(February 14, 2019 at 10:59 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 10:42 am)Brian37 Wrote: Good, so you voted for Obama? So why are you flipping out about a gay man running?

I'm not flipping out about a gay man running for office. I'm criticizing you for getting all excited about him, despite his incredibly thin resume. You're excited about him because he is a diversity candidate. You don't give a shit that he is an Ivy League elitist in a long line of Ivy League elitists.

Let's see how excited you get about this Richard Ojeda. He's Latino, but most people see a white guy when they look at him. He attended state university in West Virginia. He supports Medicare for All, legal weed, and wants to wage a campaign against political lobbies. He retired from the Army with the rank of Major and two bronze stars. He's certainly not an elitist. Be thrilled with him, Brian. I dare you.

Thin? So running a city is easy? How many public offices did Trump have prior to shitting on the White House? Show me Trump's service record?

I don't know what your problem is man. Richard is a Democrat too. 

I really do not want a repeat of 2020 like Bernie and Hillary supporters. 

Make you a promise, if Richard gets nominated, I will vote for him. But dems need to support whomever gets nominated. We cannot afford any purist bullshit.

8 years of Trump and a terrifyingly lopsided SCOTUS will sink us.

I forgot which founder said it, but, said something like "Surely we should all hang together, or hang separately."

I like this guy too, but it is early on. What need to happen is we support our nominee no matter who.
(February 14, 2019 at 11:15 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 10:59 am)Yonadav Wrote: I'm not flipping out about a gay man running for office. I'm criticizing you for getting all excited about him, despite his incredibly thin resume. You're excited about him because he is a diversity candidate. You don't give a shit that he is an Ivy League elitist in a long line of Ivy League elitists.

Thin? So running a city is easy? How many public offices did Trump have prior to shitting on the White House? Show me Trump's service record?

Make you a promise, if Richard gets nominated, I will vote for him. But dems need to support whomever gets nominated. We cannot afford any purist bullshit.

I forgot which founder said it, but, said something like "Surely we should all hang together, or hang separately."

I like this guy too, but it is early on. What need to happen is we support our nominee no matter who.

Have you ever heard me say that Trump's resume qualified him for the presidency? That guy's resume should have disqualified him, in my opinion. He is just a thief who skimmed a percentage of outlandish sums of money that were loaned to him, and then declared bankruptcy on the rest.

The resume of the mayor of South Bend Indiana is very thin. Mostly, he just has an Ivy League education. That's a fact. He never would have made a single national headline, were it not for the fact that being gay made him marketable to the media. I don't want candidates like that. Hopefully, very few people do. I want a strong resume, good leadership, an understanding of the issues, and the ability to set a viable path forward. I don't want the selection to be skewed by ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. 

And of course you will vote for Ojeda if he gets the nomination. You will vote for anyone who gets the nomination. All of you libtards are like that. So we should completely disregard identity politics and intersectionality, since you people are just going to vote Democrat anyway. But if you people give us a lousy nominee for intersectional reasons, a lot of us on the real left are going to walk.
(February 14, 2019 at 11:33 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 11:15 am)Brian37 Wrote: Thin? So running a city is easy? How many public offices did Trump have prior to shitting on the White House? Show me Trump's service record?

Have you ever heard me say that Trump's resume qualified him for the presidency? That guy's resume should have disqualified him, in my opinion. He is just a thief who skimmed a percentage of outlandish sums of money that were loaned to him, and then declared bankruptcy on the rest.

The resume of the mayor of South Bend Indiana is very thin. Mostly, he just has an Ivy League education. That's a fact. He never would have made a single national headline, were it not for the fact that being gay made him marketable to the media. I don't want candidates like that. Hopefully, very few people do. I want a strong resume, good leadership, an understanding of the issues, and the ability to set a viable path forward. I don't want the selection to be skewed by ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. 

And of course you will vote for Ojeda if he gets the nomination. You will vote for anyone who gets the nomination. All of you libtards are like that. So we should completely disregard identity politics and intersectionality, since you people are just going to vote Democrat anyway. But if you people give us a lousy nominee for intersectional reasons, a lot of us on the real left are going to walk.

Again you used the word "thin" regarding Peter. 

I am not accusing you of supporting Trump.

But between Trump and Peter, who has public service? Who has military service? 

My point is, between the orange turd, and all those running on the democratic side, anyone of them would be a far better president.

And how can you call me a "Libtard" when you offered me a democrat in this thread?
(February 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 14, 2019 at 11:33 am)Yonadav Wrote: Have you ever heard me say that Trump's resume qualified him for the presidency? That guy's resume should have disqualified him, in my opinion. He is just a thief who skimmed a percentage of outlandish sums of money that were loaned to him, and then declared bankruptcy on the rest.

Again you used the word "thin" regarding Peter. 

I am not accusing you of supporting Trump.

But between Trump and Peter, who has public service? Who has military service? 

My point is, between the orange turd, and all those running on the democratic side, anyone of them would be a far better president.

And how can you call me a "Libtard" when you offered me a democrat in this thread?
Did Obama have military service?  Try again Brian...or let me hand you another shovel.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2599 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 21849 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4089 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2785 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1128 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2947 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1139 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1177 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1907 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3319 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger