Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
Meh, I suppose they would be more unsettling the more a person leaned to the left.

The opinions being discussed, however, would be more likely to fall from the lips of his brother. And, ofc, they do - in large part (I assume) due to Hitchens being too dead to have informed IA on the details of white grievance politics as laid out in any given thread.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 3, 2021 at 5:04 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Sure, you believe what you do about BLM and antifa...because Hitchens.

Can’t imagine why that’s not a remotely credible assertion.  Can you?

I believe punching people for exercising their free speech is bad, and shutting down speech is bad, therefore I believe Antifa is bad. Do you seriously think I only believe committing violent acts against people is bad because Stefan Molyneaux or Gavin McInnes told me so? Yes, many people are indoctrinated or radicalized by youtube channels to believe some really dumb stuff. Just because that is the case, that doesn't mean that every person who supports the concept of free speech or free expression was brainwashed by Steven Crowder. That's not how reality works. Back when I was on Richard Dawkins forum all of those years ago and on other atheist forms, free speech was always the majority expressed position, by far. It's just recently that things are starting to turn the other way. I've been consistent with my values concerning free speech and anti-violence since I was a teenager or before that. The ones that are abandoning free speech, like the ACLU has, are the ones that are being radicalized, not me.
Bullshit  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Free speech and frozen peaches aren’t the same thing. You’re having an argument with someone else, about something else, in your mind.

I still don’t know whether your attempt to tie your beliefs about antifa and BLM to Hitchens was legitimately meant to be taken as truthful. Was it throwaway bullshit, or important bullshit?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I did not mean to say that Christopher Hitchens is the reason I do not support BLM, if that's how you took it. The video was titled free speech, so I thought it would be obvious what I was referring to. I was following the work of Christopher Hitchens long before I knew that Stefan Molyneaux existed, but if you think I'm pretending that I followed Christopher Hitchens to try to cover my tracks, that's fine.

Violent crime is way up. The murder rates are up by quite a bit all over the US. People hate each other. Everything is about judging people based on their race or this persons opinion doesn't count because of their race. It's all a bunch of nonsense. I was always taught that racism is bad. It wasn't until fairly recently that racism against non-pocs became the in thing. I can understand why oppressed people would be more racist than anyone else. The conquered will hate the conqueror and all, but trying to divide people like BLM is not something I can support. The racism against non-black people is somewhat understandable based on what they've been through as a people, but the mainstream is starting to encourage it now, and that's not right. When I was younger, my best friend was Ethiopian and I mostly had arabic friends and not a lot of white friends. I think people should unite, not hate each other. Terrible, I know. You think you need people to hate each other and be violent against each other and to become authoritarians to try to make sure the bad guys don't win, but I can't go along with that. Things are going swimmingly with crime and murder rates being way up, aren't they? I guess it's all worth it though. By any means necessary.
A long ramble that refutes nothing
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Sorry to hear that you face so much racism on account of your whiteness in Canadia. Not a thing here, it’s just a thing our racists say to Canadians.
(July 3, 2021 at 6:30 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Sorry to hear that you face so much racism on account of your whiteness in Canadia.  Not a thing here, it’s just a thing our racists say to Canadians.
And IA is yet another dingous who thinks BLM is about hating white people and that minorities should "just get over it. The effort to make themselves the victims is hilarious. Oh and of course the mandatory mention of "black friends "
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 3, 2021 at 6:46 pm)Helios Wrote:
(July 3, 2021 at 6:30 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Sorry to hear that you face so much racism on account of your whiteness in Canadia.  Not a thing here, it’s just a thing our racists say to Canadians.
And IA is yet another dingous who thinks BLM is about hating white people and that minorities should "just get over it. The effort to make themselves the victims is hilarious.

What they preach and what the religion of anti-racism preaches is that whites need to take a step back, shut up, listen and learn. I will listen, but I will not accept it if it is BS, which it is about half of the time or more. If I don't accept this line of thinking that they are pushing, I'm a racist by default. You're either an anti-racist or a racist as they say. No inbetween. If I don't listen and learn, I'm a racist. Scottie Pippen just said that Phil Jackson is a racist because he gave Toni Kukoc (a better shooter) the final shot in a playoff game. I have to listen and learn, right? I'm not allowed to use by brain and see the obvious flaws in what he is saying. See why I might have a little problem with this listen and learn doctrine this religion is pushing? Black people are being taught to call everything racism, whether it's racist or not. Everything comes down to race. You are not helping people by teaching them to act like a victim in every single circumstance in life. You are not helping people by telling them that running away from the police because police might shoot you is a logical decision. You're just making it more likely that they get shot.

I have not said that people should just get over injustices. BLM is actually mostly peaceful here in Canada and I will give them my respect for that. In the US, the black community is suffering more because of what is going on right now. Violent crime is up and the murder rate is up. Was this worth it, to get chokeholds banned and to get a police officer put behind bars? Do people only care about murder when it's a police officer doing it? Twerking and playing football on top of an ambulance after a mass shooting just happened. I thought black lives mattered?
(July 3, 2021 at 7:11 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: What they preach and what the religion of anti-racism preaches is that whites need to take a step back, shut up, listen and learn. I will listen, but I will not accept it if it is BS, which it is about half of the time or more.
And exactly what are you basing this assertion on? How do you know unless you have actually lived your life as a black person? This is the very least you can do, to shut up and listen and learn.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1722 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1728 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1739 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1074 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I just might have to buy this book. brewer 6 612 September 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: John V
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 6930 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1313 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey. Remember This? Minimalist 0 332 April 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  man thinks gay lions learnt it from humans and deserve counselling Aoi Magi 30 2975 November 4, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Hey, Alabama Minimalist 4 449 October 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13