Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 9:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
(September 4, 2021 at 6:29 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 4, 2021 at 3:27 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Let's keep in mind that the laws just changed to allow trans into locker rooms/ saunas/ prisons/ sports so we're working with a pretty small sample size when it comes to time.
Just for the record, when you say "just allowed," bear in mind that California's trans bathroom bill is rapidly approaching its fifth anniversary. That sounds like plenty of time to accrue at least some cases. And of the two trans sex offenders I found on the Megan's Law website, the latest one was in 2011.

Quote:And I never claimed to be worried about trans people. Cis men are allowed into these spaces just as much as trans women are, since it's all based on claimed identity at the door. The first thing sungula did when he found out about the indecent exposure charges, was question whether the person was really trans or just lying.
Why did Sung immediately question the trans narrative? Well, you know how I've repeatedly mentioned that I can count the number of these trans panic cases that checked out on one hand? I've heard a lot more than three stories, though. The thing is, the vast majority of the cases reported as "trans woman invades women's spaces and commits a sex crime" fall apart under scrutiny. Indeed, the majority of cases I've looked at, the perp doesn't even claim to have to be anything but male. Some cases, they might dress in drag, many cases, they don't even bother doing that, and I can remember at least one case where one of our former members (drich, specifically and here's my response) cited a case where the perp covered his head in TP as somehow an example of a trans person assaulting a cis woman.

And it's not like this is going to create a loophole that allows men to rape women with impunity. Even if you are trans and you rape someone in a women's space, that rape is still a sex crime, and a more serious crime than just being a man going into a women's space. What, you think that if it turns out that if someone does it and claims to be trans, the judge is going to say "Well, why didn't you just say you were trans? Sorry for bothering you, carry on with your sexual assault?" And, as I've said earlier: if a cis man's set his mind on raping a woman in a public place, he tends to not be too stymied by the prospect of breaking a lesser law, like trespassing in the girls' room.

Quote:Would you be comfortable with Mike Tyson moving from a men's prison to a women's prison because he decides one day to say he identifies as trans? I don't know if I would want to be a bio woman in that prison.
Do you seriously not know that men also rape men in prison? Especially if they expect to end up with some degree of power? Even if they identify as straight on the outside? I don't think I'd want to be a man in the same prison with Mike Tyson.

Quote:Sports is the other thing. Many trans activists say they don't care if it's fair or not, and that preventing trans people from killing themselves is more important than who wins or loses in a race. Is this the right mindset to have? Should women and girls not have the right to their own sports? I don't know if that's quite the best argument, that we need to take something away from bio women because someone else is threatening to kill themselves if we don't, but this appears to be another losing battle for those against trans women in sports, and on the upside, maybe with a few trans women dunking in the WNBA, people might actually start tuning in and the league may actually turn into a success.
Actually, contrary to popular belief, trans women don't actually have much physical advantage in sports. I know, right? It turns out that, whatever physical advantages can be attributed to being assigned male at birth can easily be compensated for. How? Hormones. It turns out estrogen and testosterone blockers can do a number on those key advantages to the point where any physical advantage might as well be meaningless. And here's a meta-analysis showing that this is the case.

There are not many trans people up to no good in these places. I don't disagree. Thank you for your numbers. But, I was accused of pushing a hoax, and this trans woman has now been charged. Innocent until proven guilty though, so we shall see. I will give her the presumption of innocence for now.

On the Mike Tyson point, exactly. I wouldn't want to be shacked up with him as a man, much less as a woman. Let him rape the men in the men's prison. Protect the women. I'm old fashioned like that and against raping women. Controversial opinion, I know. I guess I just lost my male feminist card for wanting to give women special treatment and more protection. I'm ok with that.

As far as your take on trans sports, I appreciate reading your take, but I've already done countless hours of research and sadly I've come to a different conclusion. Just comparing hormones is not good enough for me. Lung capacity, bone structure, etc, etc are pretty relevant as well. Everything can't just be summed up by comparing the testosterone of trans women and bio women.

(September 4, 2021 at 6:38 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Case in point.  

Anywho, more about tyson..he's a goddamned teddy bear...emphasis on the bear.  A perpetual child who used to have hands like bricks.  He'll be living rent free in racist minds from here to eternity.

Basically an immortal.  At the height of his power, he had one of the largest collections of obscure boxing films in the known world.  He was a student of the form.

Lol he is living rent free in my mind, because I love Mike Tyson. My favourite boxer. I did a report on him infront of the class in school. I watch his show online. But of course you pull out the race card.
Quote:There are not many trans people up to no good in these places. I don't disagree. Thank you for your numbers. But, I was accused of pushing a hoax, and this trans woman has now been charged. Innocent until proven guilty though, so we shall see. I will give her the presumption of innocence for now.
We have been over this already  Hehe

Quote:On the Mike Tyson point, exactly. I wouldn't want to be shacked up with him as a man, much less as a woman. Let him rape the men in the men's prison. Protect the women. I'm old fashioned like that and against raping women. Controversial opinion, I know. I guess I just lost my male feminist card for wanting to give women special treatment and more protection. I'm ok with that.
That's without a doubt your worst take ever. How about we don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Sorry if I hold the opinion all rape is equally bad.Sorry if I hold the equally nutty idea that Mike raping women is no less awful than women raping women and Mike raping a man is just as awful as any of the above.

Quote:As far as your take on trans sports, I appreciate reading your take, but I've already done countless hours of research and sadly I've come to a different conclusion. Just comparing hormones is not good enough for me. Lung capacity, bone structure, etc, etc are pretty relevant as well. Everything can't just be summed up by comparing the testosterone of trans women and bio women.
No one cares what you consider good enough, it's more than good enough and none of those factors are relevant and can be ruled out. Your "research " is garbage  Dodgy

More foolishness  Dodgy

Quote:Lol he is living rent free in my mind, because I love Mike Tyson. My favourite boxer. I did a report on him infront of the class in school. I watch his show online. But of course you pull out the race card.
He didn't pull the race card. Racists hate Mike Tyson. That's a fact  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 4, 2021 at 7:02 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:There are not many trans people up to no good in these places. I don't disagree. Thank you for your numbers. But, I was accused of pushing a hoax, and this trans woman has now been charged. Innocent until proven guilty though, so we shall see. I will give her the presumption of innocence for now.
We have been over this already  Hehe

Quote:On the Mike Tyson point, exactly. I wouldn't want to be shacked up with him as a man, much less as a woman. Let him rape the men in the men's prison. Protect the women. I'm old fashioned like that and against raping women. Controversial opinion, I know. I guess I just lost my male feminist card for wanting to give women special treatment and more protection. I'm ok with that.
That's without a doubt your worst take ever. How about we don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Sorry if I hold the opinion all rape is equally bad.Sorry if I hold the equally nutty idea that Mike raping women is no less awful than women raping women and Mike raping a man is just as awful as both

Quote:As far as your take on trans sports, I appreciate reading your take, but I've already done countless hours of research and sadly I've come to a different conclusion. Just comparing hormones is not good enough for me. Lung capacity, bone structure, etc, etc are pretty relevant as well. Everything can't just be summed up by comparing the testosterone of trans women and bio women.
No one cares what you consider good enough, it's more than good enough and none of those factors are relevant and can be ruled out. Your "research " is garbage  Dodgy

More foolishness  Dodgy

Quote:Lol he is living rent free in my mind, because I love Mike Tyson. My favourite boxer. I did a report on him infront of the class in school. I watch his show online. But of course you pull out the race card.

Don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Are you suggesting we put Mike in solitary and leave him there? That would be cruel and unfair to do that to Mike. He has rights, afterall.
Quote:Don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Are you suggesting we put Mike in solitary and leave him there? That would be cruel and unfair to do that to Mike. He has rights, afterall.
If he's going to run around raping people he should be kept away from the other inmates( men or women) till he behaves himself.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 4, 2021 at 7:12 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(September 4, 2021 at 7:02 pm)Helios Wrote: We have been over this already  Hehe

That's without a doubt your worst take ever. How about we don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Sorry if I hold the opinion all rape is equally bad.Sorry if I hold the equally nutty idea that Mike raping women is no less awful than women raping women and Mike raping a man is just as awful as both

More foolishness  Dodgy

Don't let Mike Tyson rape anyone? Are you suggesting we put Mike in solitary and leave him there? That would be cruel and unfair to do that to Mike. He has rights, afterall.
Where has the black man with brick hands touched you?  I have a doll...would you like to point at the doll? Wanna register a complaint with the lapd?

Go....fuck....yourself.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 4, 2021 at 6:51 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: As far as your take on trans sports, I appreciate reading your take, but I've already done countless hours of research and sadly I've come to a different conclusion. Just comparing hormones is not good enough for me. Lung capacity, bone structure, etc, etc are pretty relevant as well. Everything can't just be summed up by comparing the testosterone of trans women and bio women.

Yeah, that's kind of the point. The testosterone blockers and estrogen have real effects on many of those things, particularly lung capacity. One of the links I quoted was written by a trans female athelete who explained that taking the hormones did a number on a lot of her key physical advantages. Miles that go from 9 1/2 minutes to 11 as soon as they take hormones looks like a pretty big compensating effect that evens out the playing field.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Oh he doesn't give a shit, even if transwomen just lose...and they do....and lose big, he still thinks they shouldn't even compete...because that's what's double plus ungood.

He can go fuck himself. IA is a hatemonger. Full stop. Nothing that anyone has to say about anything will change that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I didn’t know that men being against the raping of women is considered “old fashioned.”
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Nope. Criticism of a law is a different thing than hating a group of people. Learn what the word hate means. It does not mean what you think it means. I think the non-authoritarian trans folks are dope. You are the one full of hatred, disappointed that the January 6th protesters weren't mowed down with bullets by the police. I am incapable of hate. I see people as grizzly bears. We have the same amount of free will as they do, so why would I hate anyone for doing what the universe made them do? I don't believe in hate. I don't believe in race either, and perhaps I should have made it Brock Lesnar in a women's prison instead. Mike Tyson was brought into it because he is basically the poster boy for tough guys who are physical freaks of nature. Not everything is about race. I understand that the definition of racism and transphobia is in the eye of the beholder though. I don't care if I'm called either of those things. Lil Wayne says he's never had anyone be racist to him in his whole life, but you can find black people who say they experience racism like 15 times a day. It all comes down to interpretation and how you choose to take things. How paranoid you are being in looking for racism. If you look for it, you're going to find it.

Really mature telling someone to fuck themselves because they disagree with you on bone structure and lung capacity. Trans women and biological women are different. A trans woman can not perfectly be turned into a cis woman. I understand that hormones alter these things to an extent, but a complete physical transformation to the opposite sex in all ways, is not possible at this time. But yeah, I'm hateful because I have different thoughts about bone structure and lung capacity. That's so much worse than having fantasies about my political enemies being mowed down by bullets like you do.

(September 4, 2021 at 11:36 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I didn’t know that men being against the raping of women is considered “old fashioned.”

It is current year, ya know. Things are evolving quickly in the era of woke. I was the only one here who stated they have a problem with Mike Tyson being a cellmate with a bio woman in a women's prison. Everyone else who expressed their opinion on the matter was cool with Mike Tyson shacking up with a biological woman. Am I living in bizarro world here? Is it just me?
Quote:Nope. Criticism of a law is a different thing than hating a group of people. Learn what the word hate means.It does not mean what you think it means.
Using criticisms of the law as a backdoor way to hate on transpeople is no less hateful and cowardly on top of that.

Quote:I think the non-authoritarian trans folks are dope. 
Lol "non-authoritarian trans folks" there's a bullshit distinction if there ever was one.

Quote:You are the one full of hatred, disappointed that the January 6th protesters weren't mowed down with bullets by the police.
First off they were not protestors they were insurrectionists and to my knowledge, no one here expressed that opinion.

Quote: I am incapable of hate. I see people as grizzly bears. We have the same amount of free will as they do, so why would I hate anyone for doing what the universe made them do? 
Wow and just when I think you can't get any worst essentially strip people of their humanity and your telling me you don't hate people  Dodgy

Quote:I don't believe in hate. I don't believe in race either, and perhaps I should have made it Brock Lesnar in a women's prison instead. Mike Tyson was brought into it because he is basically the poster boy for tough guys who are physical freaks of nature. Not everything is about race. I understand that the definition of racism and transphobia is in the eye of the beholder though. I don't care if I'm called either of those things. Lil Wayne says he's never had anyone be racist to him in his whole life, but you can find black people who say they experience racism like 15 times a day. It all comes down to interpretation and how you choose to take things. How paranoid you are being in looking for racism. If you look for it, you're going to find it.
And now gone full lunatic pretending racism and bigotry are just opinions rather than well-established facts. You are absurd  Dodgy

Quote:Really mature telling someone to fuck themselves because they disagree with you on bone structure and lung capacity. Trans women and biological women are different. A trans woman can not perfectly be turned into a cis woman. I understand that hormones alter these things to an extent, but a complete physical transformation to the opposite sex in all ways, is not possible at this time. But yeah, I'm hateful because I have different thoughts about bone structure and lung capacity. That's so much worse than having fantasies about my political enemies being mowed down by bullets like you do.
There rightly you to fuck off because your wrong and wiggling desperately to maintain your bullshit opinions. This isn't a matter of a difference in opinion so can take that bullshit tactic and insert it sideways. Your wrong so fuck of, And no one here said they want there political enemies mowed down idiot.

Christ, you are the worst  Dodgy

Quote:It is current year, ya know. Things are evolving quickly in the era of woke. I was the only one here who stated they have a problem with Mike Tyson being a cellmate with a bio woman in a women's prison. Everyone else who expressed their opinion on the matter was cool with Mike Tyson shacking up with a biological woman. Am I living in bizarro world here? Is it just me?
Wow, distortion city. The argument was if Mike Tyson came as Trans and was sent to a women's prison it would be more or less dangerous than if they were bunked with another inmate. Because you know violent criminals are bad regardless of sex or gender. But nobody endorsed this idea.

God get your shit straight  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1734 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1728 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1749 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1078 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I just might have to buy this book. brewer 6 614 September 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: John V
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 6957 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1318 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey. Remember This? Minimalist 0 332 April 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  man thinks gay lions learnt it from humans and deserve counselling Aoi Magi 30 2985 November 4, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Hey, Alabama Minimalist 4 455 October 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13