Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm beginning to hate religious people.
RE: I'm beginning to hate religious people.
I don't get what seems so umbelievable about evolution... Its so simple to understand even for a numbnuts like me Tongue
(June 6, 2011 at 10:03 am)LastPoet Wrote: I don't get what seems so umbelievable about evolution... Its so simple to understand even for a numbnuts like me Tongue

The problem is is that these particular numbnuts are brainwashed from birth Wink
I also was, I guess the soap they washed my brain was cheap Big Grin
(May 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm)Emanuel Wrote: I'm going to summarize it.

When a person become a Christian, that person experiments something which we call "salvation". We are all sinners thus in enmity with the God of justice. When one becomes a Christian he receives forgiveness, and is given the privilege of being "born-again" and becoming more like Christ, thus lives a life of righteousness. Thus that person comes from death to life. It is pretty much the greatest tipe of salvation one can acheive.

When one becomes an atheist there isn't such a thing called "salvation". There is no "saving" experience for the atheist like the one the Christian experiences. He just encounters the crude reality. It isn't anything like what the Christian experiences. Now since the Christian received 'salvation' -the most beautiful thing from his point of view, and since he is instructed to love his neighbor as himself- it is only natural for him to want to share it.

Perhaps with an analogy you would understand be better? Imagine that two friends are lost in a desert with no water. They get separated for a while and one of them finds a pool with water, an oasis. He drinks and is satisfied and then he goes on. He meets his friend again. Now, wouldn't it be wrong if this person wouldn't mention the oasis to his thirsting friend? This is how it is from the Christian perspective. The dying one is the unbeliever, who's dying of thirst. The other one would be the Christian. Since the Christian found life, it would be wrong for him not to want to share it and let the others die.

I hope I did not write this in vain.

FYI... I was raised an atheist. I have attended a few churches along the way in my life and not one has ever come close to converting me. It's simply the absurdity of it all.

Even as a boy, I could not get past the idea that here is this omnipotent being somewhere out wherever it is gods hang out, doing nothing. It's like the Earth was this great toy that this so-called god created one day and then abandoned because Adam and Eve pissed him off. Then later, this god puts in another appearance and floods the place, killing everyone but this dork named Noah who was nothing but bootleg shipwright and an animal hoarder. And then the poor Jews! Wow. Talk about getting the shitty end of the stick... They think they're this god's favorite people, but yet this god leads them out of a desert into a worse desert where they end up having to kill everyone else around for untold centuries until the Romans show up with a better army and puts a stop to the wholesale murder by Gods Chosen People. Then to add insult to injury, this god-person finally send the poor Jews a messiah, then forgets to tell them and so what happens? They crucify the man. Then his followers decide to form their own religion so that they can feed starving lions in Rome for decades to come, even while they still pay homage and untold trillions in wealth to the very god who hasn't really done a damn thing for mankind since planting that garden so long ago.

I'm sorry, Emanuel, but today's Christians are more concerned about getting that ticket to heaven than this desire to share the happiness of being saved with me. And that's what saving people is actually all about, if you were to be honest here. The more converted scalps you hang on your belt, the greater your reception in heaven. A reward something not unlike those 72 virgins in heaven waiting for a Muslim martyr is the Christian goal... a place at the right hand of God.

And this "righteousness" you mention... A Muslim can't be righteous? A Jew? How about a devout Buddhist or one who follows Tao? Is "righteousness" solely the domain of the Christian? I don't think so. Just like I don't think it takes religion to be moral. Loving one's neighbor is not a purely Christian ideal, either. In fact, most of the positive attributes you could claim as coming from Christianity can be traced to much older religions and societies.

To reiterate... I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut why anyone would try to convert me. I just want them to stop.

After all... Religion is much like masturbation. It should be practiced in private and not discussed in public.

Brilliant post technoprobe Wink
(June 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm)technophobe Wrote: In fact, most of the positive attributes you could claim as coming from Christianity can be traced to much older religions and societies.

Such as the Code of Hammurabi to name just one. Which both the Bible and the Quaran "borrow from" in no small part. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Laws of Hammurabi predate Christianity by nearly 1800 years.
[Image: Evolution.png]

thou i know that the last post here was published a month ago and that i should consider starting a new thread,i nevertheless want to post in this post.
i came to this site by googling 'i despise religion' and it led me to this thread which is more to my point,that i despise religious people,that is.

so,here is my view at the issue.

i can't stand them. simple as that.

in it is their fault for mine almost hating them.

first off,i almost never start the argument myself,but i do react to any and every stupidity they say in my presence,if,of course,i would not hurt my own interests by reacting as i do.

so,i would usually say that as much as they have the right to say god exists,i have the opposite right to say god does not exist,and then i propose to them that we both stop at that point cos neither of us is going to convince the other one to the opposite.

but they would's. they usually ask me to tell them what i believe in,to which i usually say in nothing. but they are very distressed with it and say its not possible and that my belief is that there i no god and not,as is the case,that not believing in something can be treated as a belief. i try to give them examples of not believing that there is an elephant in my room cos it simply isn't there. i need proof. scientific. and then they start with their stupidities like you don't see the air and it's there and there is no way to convince a stupid brick what scientific proof is.

so then i try another one. i say that we are all born as atheists. they cannot grasp even that. and that we are all taught by somebody when we are incapable of thinking ourselves,very little children,that there is god,in their case,and that there is no god,in atheists' case,or rather our parents teach us nothing about it. the absence of teaching cos there is no subject matter to teach about.

so i have come to the conclusion that they are pathetic,neurotic simpletons.

and i cannot respect anyone so stupid as they are. neurosis i can accept. but not stupidity and cowardice. cos they all believe in god for fear of death. simple as that...

one last thing. i need help in changing my code cos i by mistake printed more letters there,cos its not easy with numbers and letters and upper and lower cases. please someone tell me how to do that. thanks.
(May 23, 2011 at 1:01 pm)Grissa Ost Drauka Wrote: What is it about people and religion that they feel the need to point out the error of your ways once you announce that you're an atheist?

Because most religions tell that non-believers will suffer a punishment - and also that converting others earns you cookie points with the big daddy.
Try putting yourself in their shoes. It should help you understand them better.
[/quote]

easier said than done. cos it depends on what shoes they are in. i mean if they are frogs,how do you respond to frogs. but in their case they are frogs that talk to you about magic. how do you respond to a frog telling you of its magician. and attacking you of being immoral and other such things...
[Image: 20101115002739_181_necropost.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5658 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1954 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7317 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1565 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2634 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I like to treat religious people nice. Jeezypete 27 4354 February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6781 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I Hate Presup Amarok 4 2149 February 10, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14396 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The reason why religious people think we eat babies rado84 59 6727 December 3, 2016 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Amarok