Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 12:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Argument From Design
RE: The Argument From Design
(August 3, 2011 at 1:27 am)Rhythm Wrote: Bet the chiggers werent discussing how remarkably well designed I was, would seem that to them that I am a flat (enough) surface made of food.

One could argue that god designed penises as chigger food. Of course, one could argue anything when it comes to fantasy.
I'm actually quite fascinated by people with bizarre bodies and strange medical conditions.

Like the "tree man," for example:

I am too, Rayaan. I used to watch the Discovery Health Channel shows like Medical Incredible, but I don't think any of those are on anymore.
You know what though, he's not actually turning into a tree. There would be a miracle, we could call him cursed and profess that there was a god that cursed him and...oh wait, we've already done shit like that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Richard Dawkins (considered second in the ranking of evil to satan by many Christians) pretty much rebutted the whole argument from design in his book The Blind Watchmaker

Quote:One could argue that god designed penises as chigger food. Of course, one could argue anything when it comes to fantasy.

Or one can argue that "the fall" caused animals like chiggers to start feeding on human penises.
undefined
(August 3, 2011 at 1:55 am)Ziggystardust Wrote: Richard Dawkins (considered second in the ranking of evil to satan by many Christians) pretty much rebutted the whole argument from design in his book The Blind Watchmaker

Quote:One could argue that god designed penises as chigger food. Of course, one could argue anything when it comes to fantasy.

Or one can argue that "the fall" caused animals like chiggers to start feeding on human penises.

You know whjat though Ziggy, what with all the other curses mentioned as the effects of the fall, if cock eating chiggers were among them, we'd have read about it. That isn't something the group that wrote the bible is likely to have left out.

Labia chiggers, yeah that might escape mention, penis chiggers, no, that'd be in the black and white.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Rhythm Wrote:Labia chiggers, yeah that might escape mention, penis chiggers, no, that'd be in the black and white.

Penis munching chiggers are a result of America's increasing tolerance for homosexuality. That's why there is no mention of them.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
You're right. They probably didn't even exist until god heard there were a bunch of apostates with foreskin running around. Before that, The Common Penis Chigger was a vegetarian, and only hitched rides on genitalia, they did not consume it, because it was not gods will (some chiggers are male, this would be homosexuality).
(August 3, 2011 at 12:43 am)Rhythm Wrote: Hehehe, he trotted out the "argument from the eye". Your shit is dated GC, next it'll be "divine bananas".

I do not care about the banana, tell me about man's eye.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(August 3, 2011 at 2:12 am)Rhythm Wrote:
Quote:Or one can argue that "the fall" caused animals like chiggers to start feeding on human penises.

You know whjat though Ziggy, what with all the other curses mentioned as the effects of the fall, if cock eating chiggers were among them, we'd have read about it. That isn't something the group that wrote the bible is likely to have left out.

Labia chiggers, yeah that might escape mention, penis chiggers, no, that'd be in the black and white.

I was describing how current Christian Creationists generally interpret the effects of "the fall", such as some vegetarian animals (such as the lion or even tyrannosaurus rex ConfusedhockSmile becoming carnivorous. It is a product of a modern mindset which is concerned about the idea of a "just and loving god" allowing so much animal suffering in a creation which was deemed good. However I don't think the writers of Genesis thought that was one of the effects of "the fall". Also allowing huge amounts of animal suffering is consistent with Yahweh's character, who prescribed all sorts of animal cruelty for the atonement of sin. Not to mention wiping out essentially all animals apart from what went into the ark, during the flood (which raises the question, what did they do to deserve such punishment).
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Working Draft Design Argument Acrobat 54 5289 October 19, 2019 at 10:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Intelligent Design (brief overview). Mystic 70 13020 May 9, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Intelligent (?) Design Minimalist 12 4338 August 21, 2017 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 45390 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  The stupid "Apex" "design" argument..... Brian37 23 5859 March 4, 2016 at 11:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Video Intelligent Design, The Designer is Drunk! Mental Outlaw 6 2241 March 15, 2015 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Why intelligent design "proofs" are pointless robvalue 27 6453 September 13, 2014 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  I find it hilarious when men argue intelligent design. Lemonvariable72 10 4476 December 3, 2013 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Mothonis
  Derren Brown on 'Intelligent' Design Gooders1002 0 1195 December 8, 2012 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Gooders1002
  'Intelligent' design? Rokcet Scientist 79 26894 March 12, 2012 at 10:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger