Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:42 pm

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
Hold the horses!!
The swastika from 7k years ago meant that Hitler was alive back then!!! It's the sign of the Nazis! Everyone knows that!!

(October 14, 2014 at 10:27 am)genkaus Wrote: You'd have to prove your claim

You must be dreaming man.
There is evidence everywhere that yoga, the sanskrit, Shiva and the svastika are at least 7000 years old.
You never been interested in these sort of issues and all of a sudden you pretend to be an expert.
If a jury of people who would listen to both me and you would make a judgement they would tell you.....man why don't you jump in the lake.
Experts have been studying and examined these issues for long long time and all agree about the dating.
Here there is one more study.
https://www.himalayanacademy.com/monaste...es/kadavul

AGAMA - THE SCRIPTURES
Every Hindu temple relies on a sacred text as its source of spiritual ritual, usually an Agama. The Agamas are an enormous collection of Sanskrit scriptures which, along with the Vedas, are revered as revealed scripture. Like the Vedas, the Agamas (literally "that which came down") were part of an oral tradition. As old as 7,000-8,000 years, the Agamas are the primary source and authority for ritual, yoga and temple construction. In the South Indian Saivite tradition, there are 28 Saiva Agamas. As in temples run by the Sivacharyas of South India, the traditional liturgy performed in Kadavul Hindu Temple takes as its spiritual authority the Kamika and Karana Agamas, and their derivative priestly manuals.

As you can see the name of Shiva or Siva is connected to everything.
The svastika has always been regarded as the symbol of spiritual victory and from the sanskrit come all the mantras used for yoga meditation.
One thing is connected to the rest so it is obvious that they all related to Shiva times.
On the other hand you got nothing to put up a case.
You never study this type of historical facts, you never been interested in these issues so you have absolutely nothing to present to the jury. Smile
(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: You must be dreaming man.
There is evidence everywhere that yoga, the sanskrit, Shiva and the svastika are at least 7000 years old.

Can't see any.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: You never been interested in these sort of issues and all of a sudden you pretend to be an expert.

I've always been interested in these sort of issues and I don't have to be an expert to know how wrong you are.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: If a jury of people who would listen to both me and you would make a judgement they would tell you.....man why don't you jump in the lake.

That's funny, because the jury here is telling you to jump in the lake.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: Experts have been studying and examined these issues for long long time and all agree about the dating.

Yes, they do agree - that none of it is 7000 years old.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: Here there is one more study.
https://www.himalayanacademy.com/monaste...es/kadavul

That's not a study, you dumbass , those are religious claims. The site is developed by and about a religious institution. The crap they put out is not evidence.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: As you can see the name of Shiva or Siva is connected to everything.

Wow, Shiva is connected to everything within Shaivite tradition - what a shocker?

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: The svastika has always been regarded as the symbol of spiritual victory

Not always. Do you even know what the word means?

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: and from the sanskrit come all the mantras used for yoga meditation.

Which means Sanskrit is older than yoga - it does NOT mean that yoga is as old as Sanskrit.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: One thing is connected to the rest so it is obvious that they all related to Shiva times.

First of all, what the fuck are "Shiva times"? And second even if those things were definite connections, they certainly do not put them all in the same time period.

(October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am)Riketto Wrote: On the other hand you got nothing to put up a case.
You never study this type of historical facts, you never been interested in these issues so you have absolutely nothing to present to the jury. Smile

I don't need to put up a case - I just need to destroy yours. And you are making it too easy.
How does it feel to be accused of dreaming by someone talking in his sleep since he arrived?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Stimbo Wrote: How does it feel to be accused of dreaming by someone talking in his sleep since he arrived?

I do have to give him credit for one thing. His posits are slightly more legible then they were.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm)genkaus Wrote: I don't need to put up a case - I just need to destroy yours. And you are making it too easy.

You are absolutely ridiculous.
The only sub-case that you put up was a study that said that Varanasi is not older than 4000 years.
What this study didn't tell you is the fact that under that city it is likely that there is an other city even older.
Your small vision may let you think that a place like Varanasi is similar to the cities in north America or Australia where the local civilization never was able to build cities so what you see these days in NY or LA is a single layer of build up and under this layer there is nothing else.
Different cultures build up different things so you can not really compare Varanasi with NY or LA.
The connection among Shiva, the svastika, the sanskrit language and the mantra is there, they all go hand in hand.
You make a statement that is all a religious thing but Shiva never teach religion.
Religions came later as a distortion of spirituality but what would you know about it. Smile
uh?

You're basing your whole argument on "likely"??

(October 16, 2014 at 9:07 am)Riketto Wrote: What this study didn't tell you is the fact that under that city it is likely that there is an other city even older.
(October 16, 2014 at 9:44 am)pocaracas Wrote: uh?

(October 16, 2014 at 9:07 am)Riketto Wrote: What this study didn't tell you is the fact that under that city it is likely that there is an other city even older.

You can't really go wrong.
Asia, Europe have a long history of evolved civilization.
Under most of the cities in these places have found remains of previous civilization.
The chances that under the actual Varanasi there is nothing are remote or nil but maybe there can be a chance outside 99.99% of the probabilities that is why i said likely. Smile
(October 16, 2014 at 10:10 am)Riketto Wrote:
(October 16, 2014 at 9:44 am)pocaracas Wrote: uh?

You can't really go wrong.
Under most of the cities in these places have found remains of previous civilization.
The chances that under the actual Varanasi there is nothing are remote or nil but maybe there can be a chance outside 99.99% of the probabilities that is why i said likely. Smile

You are aware that you are basing your whole argument on something unverified.
Something that expects to find a neolithic settlement at a particular location...

I'm not saying it isn't there, but you should be careful with those claims.
(October 16, 2014 at 10:18 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(October 16, 2014 at 10:10 am)Riketto Wrote: You can't really go wrong.

You are aware that you are basing your whole argument on something unverified.
Something that expects to find a neolithic settlement at a particular location...

I'm not saying it isn't there, but you should be careful with those claims.

1) I am basing my claims on the connection that exist among Shiva, yoga, the svastika, the sanskrit language and the mantra.
2) These days when they build something first they pull down the previous construction and the debris are removed so no trace of previous structure remain.
This didn't happen in the past that is why in such an old place like Varanasi is still possible to find traces of previous civilization.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5901 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3181 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7754 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 36030 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2469 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 9045 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13985 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4228 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6702 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3254 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball