Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 4:35 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
Auras are real phenomena:
False, an aura is made up crap.

God is pure consciousness:
False, god is not real.

When you finally want to stop being so fucking stupid that your I'm Positive Polly routine garners more than falsities, then by all means engage us with something more intelligent than the superb bullshit for which you have become famous.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 18, 2015 at 11:14 am)Stimbo Wrote: Let's cut to the chase, rikky. Using your intuitional 'science', what's in the box?

It can be a magic one, if you want.

What i am going to do with you Stim.
As shown even yesterday only avidya tantra people choose to engage in this sort of magic exercises for their own pleasure and interest.
I follow Vidya tantra instead and therefore i avoid magic which eventually would lead to my destruction.
So no i do not know what is in your box and i am not interested in knowing.
The intuitional science that i follow uncover the consciousness so far hidden to us like to try to emerge the iceberg that is below the water
and this consciousness get you closer and closer to God consciousness which is related to something abstract.
Magic on the other hand is related to something physical-material which is the opposite of what a Vidya tantric try to achieve.
Do you know what is the difference between material and abstract?
I guess not if you keep on putting everything on the physical plane.
I rather would like to know whether my English is so bad that you can not understand what i said time and time again or perhaps there is something wrong with your memory. 
I hope not.
You look quite ugly in your avatar but let us hope that that ugliness is only external.
Now tell me something Stim.
I already answer your question at least 5 times but you never answer my questions so please be fair and answer.
1) What is the meaning of philosophy?
2) Who qualify to be a philosopher?
Hi Demon Hi

(May 19, 2015 at 3:52 am)Kitan Wrote: Auras are real phenomena:
False, an aura is made up crap.

God is pure consciousness:
False, god is not real.

When you finally want to stop being so fucking stupid that your I'm Positive Polly routine garners more than falsities, then by all means engage us with something more intelligent than the superb bullshit for which you have become famous.

Gee, i am so sorry to hear your complain.
I guess somebody force you to read my posts.
Tell me who is that bad man that force you to read my post so i can fix him up
once and for all.  Demon Begging Demon
Little rik, that's so cute!

Can we keep him?? Can we??
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(May 18, 2015 at 11:14 am)Stimbo Wrote: Let's cut to the chase, rikky. Using your intuitional 'science', what's in the box?

It can be a magic one, if you want.

I did it! I've been using intuitional science, and I can confirm it actually works. I looked deep inside myself, I asked, "What's in the box?"

After 7 hours, I fell into a trance and my hands starting dancing on the keyboard. When I came round, a youtube video had been selected. I was amazed at the results! The video represented exactly what I experienced in my trance, so I could finally demonstrate evidence that it wasn't all in my mind. So let's see if I was right about what was in the box. How did I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-j5aq7NlM
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 19, 2015 at 3:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Auras are real phenomena which can be perceived by sentient people....
. . . . . .
....Like a drop of water that merge in the big ocean will become the ocean itself and the vibrations
that form the aureola are pure bright light so if you are a sentient person you can see this light emanating from
more sentient people like the saints.
It is a lot easier to see a dark light emanating from bad people than the aura from a saints if we are not
sentient ourselves so no wonder that most people can only see the dark side of the aura as most people are not sentient themselves.  Demon

Have you yourself seen people's auras?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 19, 2015 at 3:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Sorry Ton but you are wrong again.
Have you ever seen representation of saints with the aureola on the top of the head?
What you think it means?
Do you know what the aura is?
So after all of this time claiming that physical science cannot detect spiritual or metaphysical phenomena, you claim that there is one that can be detected by sight?  That's... almost a sign of progress.

As for halos and auras, I've never seen one that wasn't caused by a physical light source.  What is the source for those auras you appear to believe are real?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
The point of the box, little dikki, is not whether you are interested in knowing what is inside it, but that you cannot know until you test it. Your "intuitional science" isn't worth two sheets of shitty toilet paper if it can't match up to the most basic power of simply opening the box. In fact, screw that. It so far hasn't even managed the hit rate of guessing. Now why is that, do you think?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 19, 2015 at 1:33 pm)Stimbo Wrote: The point of the box, little dikki, is not whether you are interested in knowing what is inside it, but that you cannot know until you test it. Your "intuitional science" isn't worth two sheets of shitty toilet paper if it can't match up to the most basic power of simply opening the box. In fact, screw that. It so far hasn't even managed the hit rate of guessing. Now why is that, do you think?

Why should i guess something which does not interest me?
It would be like if i ask you to guess what kind of worms i got in my compost bin.
Why would you care to guess and know?
Can you see how ridiculous you are.
Why should i waste my mental energy in trying to find out what is completely worthless
and something that would be rather detrimental to my spiritual progress?
This sort of endeavor come under the Avidya tantra which is just the opposite of what i am after.
I think it is quite important for you to understand what the word INTUITIVE means for a Vidya tantric
like me and what it means for an Avidya tantric.
Suppose the knowledge is like an iceberg.
The part above the water is like the outer mind or what you can perceive under normal circumstances.
By practicing spirituality you can allow the part below the water to emerge.
An Avidya tantric would use this knowledge and this power for his-her own physical-material-mental welfare
and gain.
On the other hand a Vidya tantric would let all this knowledge and power to his-her spiritual teacher or guru
so in a way you got all this knowledge and power but you can not use it.
It is a bit like banking all.
You got it but you can't use it.
On the other hand an Avidya tantric would use all this as soon as he-she can put his-her hand on it.
In this way it will be all lost in no time leaving the Avidya pennyless.
At the end however the Vidya tantric would get all his-her saving plus the interests and this is what
the Christian call paradise, the eastern religion call nirvana and other people call with different names.
We call it nirvicalpa samadhi.
Now after this long explanation let us come my request which has been unanswered for long long time.
I did asked you what the word philosophy means and who qualify to be a philosopher.
Why i did asked this?
After you agree with the mod that move one i my post from the philosphy forum to the skeptic forum
i was a bit surprised because most of the threads in the philosophy forum have really little to do with philosophy so i was
in a way amazed.
Now i can't really say that you haven't got the slightest clue about the meaning of philosophy until i can
hear from you.
Maybe you got good some reasons why you don't want to answer my question so if you have a good reason please tell me why.
I always answer your questions as you can see.
Not only that but i did answer the question about you magic box at least 5 times and this i reckon is having good manners.
You on the contrary ask the same question time and time again and this is a bit rude considering that i already answer the first time.
So please be fair and answer my question so i can put my heart at peace and know whether you know what you are talking about or you
haven't got a clue of what you are talking about.  Thanks   
(May 19, 2015 at 7:39 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 19, 2015 at 3:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Auras are real phenomena which can be perceived by sentient people....
. . . . . .
....Like a drop of water that merge in the big ocean will become the ocean itself and the vibrations
that form the aureola are pure bright light so if you are a sentient person you can see this light emanating from
more sentient people like the saints.
It is a lot easier to see a dark light emanating from bad people than the aura from a saints if we are not
sentient ourselves so no wonder that most people can only see the dark side of the aura as most people are not sentient themselves.  Demon

Have you yourself seen people's auras?

I surely did especially when i saw Sarkar.
As i explain in my post it works if you are a sentient person.
People who eat meat or are engaged in materialistic engagement
can not possibly see it.  Banghead

(May 19, 2015 at 9:23 am)Tonus Wrote:
(May 19, 2015 at 3:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: Sorry Ton but you are wrong again.
Have you ever seen representation of saints with the aureola on the top of the head?
What you think it means?
Do you know what the aura is?

Quote:So after all of this time claiming that physical science cannot detect spiritual or metaphysical phenomena, you claim that there is one that can be detected by sight?  That's... almost a sign of progress.

As for halos and auras, I've never seen one that wasn't caused by a physical light source.

No wonder you can't.

Quote:What is the source for those auras you appear to believe are real?

“As a result of eating sentient food and performing spiritual practices, the cells of the human body become sentient. Naturally, an effulgence emanates from these cells creating an aura around the physical body of the spiritual aspirant. This is the reason why many pictures of mahapurushas [highly-evolved persons] show them with radiant auras.”

— Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
So... cannibalism?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5904 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3181 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7756 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 36032 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2469 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 9050 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13989 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4228 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6702 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3255 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball