Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(September 20, 2015 at 10:18 pm)Luckie Wrote:
Rekeisha Wrote: 
If He told me what I wanted to hear I would be asleep right now. My house would always be a mess. I would be a shut in and never speak to my neighbors. I would be divorced and everyone would be against me. Also I would have probably let loose a couple of times on you guys, but probably not because I wouldn't even spend time on this.  So no God does not tell me what I want to here. That is why God is good because he tells me what I need to hear and enables me to acomplish His good plan. His death and ressurection has given me a new life and this life is good. I am grateful for all he has done and called me to do. Hr is far better than anything I could ever make up.

Also I am not on my computer and can not see your signature.
You do know you just admitted that without 'god', you'd be a smelly shut-in antisocial whore who yells at strangers over the internet? Is that how you picture all atheist women or do you just know yourself so well that you know where things would go if you just "let go". Well, hate to break it to you, but even if you de-Saviorized, you'd still have the inconvenience of living life, to perform.  
I think your problem is you identify self preservation thoughts (which are as a matter of faCt, a production of evolution), for god. You associate all positive thoughts with god even if they're just your own! 
See I have voice I my head too, that says get up and take care of yourself and take a shower Luckie (no one likes to be or be around smelly people). Do the laundry Luckie (again, hygiene is important for survival). Don't sleep with strangers, Luckie--it's just not proper in a society to do that, is it and you might get a disease! :Shock

You and I may have differing reasons for doing something (like apparently you take showers for Jesus) and I take them to be clean--but they're the same thoughts. It's simple evolution, my dear. We all know what's best for us based upon the information we have at hand. My informed decision about the bible being nonsense and the earth as we know it a result of evolution--means I  actually did the research and you didn't. 

Any other examples of what you believe to be god speaking to you?

Only speaking of myself because I know how God has changed me. When I said let loose I didn't mean sleep around. Christianity isn't just about self it is about God and glorifying Him. God has worked on my fears and anxieties and discipline but most of all on my love for others. This isn't about performance to do the right things but to be with God and to know Him. When He redeemed me from my sins it wasn't just to save me from hell but to also redeem all of me. My way of thinking, my feelings, my habits, my relationships, ect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - September 21, 2015 at 10:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1480 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 16134 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3590 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5435 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5895 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5361 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3848 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18175 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7125 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy