Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God?
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God?
Would god violate a rapists free will if he waited until the rapist had made the decision to rape, stepping in after that moment but before the rape occurs to protect the victim?  Nope.  No more than a cop who sees an assault-in-progress and stops it before serious harm is done has somehow violated the free will of the perpetrator to assault the victim.

In either example, only harm is prevented, not the ability to decide to do a shitty thing. In one case god stays his loving hand as the girl gets raped, in the other a lowly primate steps up to the plate and does what god will not, or cannot. I know who I'm gonna toss my chips in with if I need help.......

These free wills excuses are just horrid.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by athrock - February 4, 2016 at 10:10 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Chad32 - February 4, 2016 at 10:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by brewer - February 4, 2016 at 11:50 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 1:06 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:26 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:51 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 5, 2016 at 11:11 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:03 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:28 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:20 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 7:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 8:59 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 11:20 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 9:53 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 11:16 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Athene - February 6, 2016 at 10:10 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by The Grand Nudger - February 8, 2016 at 1:22 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:19 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 10:38 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:42 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Iroscato - February 10, 2016 at 10:43 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 1:14 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 20, 2016 at 4:27 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by comet - February 20, 2016 at 4:04 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by IATIA - February 21, 2016 at 10:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, how can you say there is no God. When... Urani9 30 8450 December 12, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  An atheist can blaspheme god Interaktive 8 2806 December 30, 2022 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 9188 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3551 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 14482 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 2493 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 19472 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? Firefighter01 278 117419 January 19, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 2473 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Can I just say why I love you guys? Won2blv 13 4371 December 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)