Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
(May 16, 2016 at 3:47 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(May 16, 2016 at 3:33 pm)Drich Wrote: Two things.. One not my method Christ Himself puts it out there.
If you say so.  Looks like christ was wrong then, huh?

Quote:Two it did work, but not as expected so people quit and did not "Knock" past the point of abandoning their old faith.
The tool's explanation for why the magic doesn't work.  Again, people have tried your method, it didn't work.  Perhaps something else is required.  If your overall claim is true (god is real, jesus is real, you had a genuine experience of the divine), that simply -has- to be the case.  You believe that you had this very real experience  because you "A/S/K"ed...but this is simple misattribution.  That would be the exceedingly generous explanation for this problem.  I do not grant the exceedingly generous explanation, in your case.

Again, no they have not Tried the method Christ ascribes in Luke 11.

The process starts with the abandonment of your previous beliefs. God destroys your bad 'faith' your broken understanding of Him. and gives you the opportunity to start over IF and only if you can push past the idea that your first effort (what God took away/showed you was false which causes your dissbelief/atheism) counts for anything. If you truly seek the truth then one automatically never stops questioning Never stops seeking. They Knock until they found what it is they are looking for.

That is why You stopped. You found a convincing reason Not to believe. That is what you wanted. That is the 'bias' you choose to view the world. Which again is fine, but don't pretend for a minute that your excuse for your current unbelief is the complete truth.

You may have found that your version of God did not exist, fine I concur as I read how shocked and appalled you are when you judge the contrast between what you believed and How God describes Himself. But that's where you stop.
You see a disparraging difference between your version of the Christian God and what I have told you the bible actually says, and you still lazily dismiss them as the same deity. Pretending your initial dismissal counts because your version and the bible's version share the same name and title.

I can promise you, that you nor anyone else here has A/S/K after the God of the bible. Agaiin your efforts could only center around what you thought you knew of God.

The God of the bible answered your prayer and obliterated your faith in your false deity, and gave you an oppertunity to seek Him out. You didn't. You stopped as you found what you were truly looking for. Not God but freedom to indulge in your sin.

So then at what point are you claiming to have followed A/S/K as outlined in Luke 11? when you petitioned a version of a god that you and I both know does not exist?

reset the logic and try again. If I can poke holes through your 'sound' reasoning, then do you really think you will skirt accountability "because we all tried 'your' method and nothing happened?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe. - by Drich - May 17, 2016 at 9:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 25168 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1505 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 4064 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2619 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 86632 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 8010 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10469 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Don't you just love the hypocrisy of religion. ignoramus 86 22485 July 16, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 105544 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23414 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic