Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
(July 8, 2016 at 1:38 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The reports I've read say he was tasered. Some of them say he was tasered twice. He was still resisting arrest after that. The cop pulls a gun out and point it at him whilst he's struggling, and tells him not to move. Presumably, and in one of the other angles you can see Alton move his right arm, Alton did move, perhaps to grab his gun, perhaps to try and grab an officer's gun. That's when he got shot.

We'll know more when the official report comes out, but from what I can see in the videos, the cops did try to de-escalate the situation, but the guy was just too big, and was still struggling.

Edit: If you watch the original video again, whilst you don't see it (the camera is pointed towards the inside of the car), you hear two cracks, which I believe are the taser firing. After the cracks, the video resumes pointing at the altercation, and Alton is still standing upright and resisting. It doesn't look like he has been shot at this point.

You obviously missed the point of my other post where I mentioned that there have been several instances of cops having guns pointed directly at them, but rather than shoot the perp, the police de-escalate the situation. Why is it that a man pointing a gun directly at officers does not get shot, but another man gets shot just for reaching in he vicinity of a gun?

Hint: Skin Color
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Messages In This Thread
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence - by Faith No More - July 8, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 735 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1296 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2943 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3106 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 19955 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3913 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1417 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2892 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1100 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3571 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger