Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you
RE: You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you
I can't make much sense of most of this, but I'll tackle a few points:

(August 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The classic argument/excuse goes like this: how do I know that God exists? why would I search for such an existence?

Considering hardly any theists can even define what "god" means, how could I possibly search for it? I wouldn't know it if I found it. And also considering any attempts at definition hide it from any sort of science, I couldn't search for it even if I wanted to. God is rather better equipped to find me, I would expect. If its idea of fun is celestial hide and seek, I have better things to do with my time. It doesn't help that it has glued me to a rock in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by lethal atmosphere.

Quote:It's not always about logic. In many times it's about will,dreams and wishes. People don't want heaven and hell; but want "neverland" and "pokemon go"; need a place where one is never judged for their sins.

Reality is about logic. Imagination can be whatever you want. Dreams, wishes and emotions are not reliable indicators of reality.

Abandoning logic is a big mistake. For a start, you can't draw any conclusions. That requires logic. You've thrown away all your tools.

Quote:Everybody kisses sins.

Sin is an imaginary concept created by religions to shame people into obedience. It works, sadly.

Quote:Life itself should lead you to seek another life, a better life, a life that only exists in the stories told by religions.
Here is where one seeks the truth; learns about God, and in a moment of true divine guidance that person chooses Islam.

It should? That sounds like an expectation, not an observation about reality. This has nothing to do with truth. Pledging allegiance to a load of tribal myths does nothing to alter what happens after you die. What you find reasonable has no bearing on what is true.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you - by robvalue - August 6, 2016 at 11:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10452 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2630 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 11528 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1448 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1197 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7385 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 8231 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2418 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1753 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9244 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU