Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
#50
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(October 24, 2016 at 5:06 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I don't think you've seen this one before. It's uniquely confused. Most of these fly-by-night apologists haven't a clue about how the meaning of  the terms they are using have changed since antiquity and the Middle Ages when the demonstrations were first formulated.

But I still find it boring having the same circular arguments over and over. You know, when I was at university, medieval history and it's writings have been part of the curriculum. I can't really remember which one of the scholars the sheet was about I was handed to translate, but it had a picture and a caption reading "hochgelahrt man", which literally translated into "hichly learned man". This was about some guy from the 13th century, a clergyman, and I remember musing, what could you have known to be deserving of the title? Virtually nothing going by our standards, was the answer I came up with. Well, he probably knew his philosophers and the writings of his time, better than me, that's for sure. But that's also about all he knew. He knew nothing about the world and it's workings.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by abaris - October 24, 2016 at 5:24 pm
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - October 25, 2016 at 12:48 pm
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - November 7, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7287 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 34 9988 July 17, 2024 at 7:34 am
Last Post: awty
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32515 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17595 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 1748 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 3331 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 6346 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 6280 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Illustrating the burden of proof - pay me! Nachos_of_Nurgle 109 26405 February 18, 2022 at 5:10 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2706 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)