Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(November 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Dear atheist colleagues here, thanks a lot for your presence and contributions to this my thread.

I am attending to you all but not taking you up one by one; my idea of getting to exchange thoughts with one at a time, it does not seem to be working as to obtain the effect of me and my chosen respondent party to exchange thoughts as to get linked, at all.

So, without much ado with replying to your everyone's posting here, and also please, I will not invest time and labor to take up your repeated but unfounded grievances against me, for that will take me away from my purpose in this thread, which is to observe how you think as to comment on my proof for God existing.

If only you also give an example of what and how you prove something to exist in objective reality outside of our mind and the concepts we have in our mind, then I submit you will see the truth, the fact, the logic, and how it my proof has support in the history of ideas with mankind.

I will now transmit this message, and see what reactions I get from you, oh ye atheist colleagues.

The only grievance I think that matters, is your continued avoidance of responding to the refutations of your 'proof' in your OP.

And it started on the very first page of this thread. There are 10 posts on the first page, and half of them contain at least one legitimate refutation of your 'proof'. And where were your responses?

41 pages later, and we are still asking.

Not to mention, that you are just as guilty in derailing your own thread, first by not responding to refutations of your 'proof', then by posting some crappy red herring about proving that we have noses, or that atoms exist.

At this point, it might be best for you to open a thread with your 'proof' in the "Formal Debate' section, and challenging only one person to debate the validity of it. Then you won't have to worry about responding to all of us.

That section is here -

http://atheistforums.org/forum-23.html

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by Simon Moon - November 1, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6237 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3519 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 488 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1143 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2109 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2092 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1014 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1425 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7312 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7519 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG