Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(November 13, 2016 at 10:22 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Thanks Simon for your agreement with me:
In excerpt from #775 Simon Moon Wrote:Yes, the act of reproduction is the cause of offspring being born.

You now see, dear Simon, that this causation is prevailing all over existence, and it is the evidence of an original first and ultimate cause, namely, God in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

You continue to miss an important distinction.

The causation that is responsible for me, is creatio ex material.

In other words, my existence, from the time I was conceived until now, is a rearrangement of existing matter and energy. When my mother was pregnant with me, her appetite was quite a bit greater than when she was not pregnant. Have you ever heard the saying pregnant women use, "I am eating for two"? Where do you think all the nutrition form all that extra food went? It was converted into me.

But I don't think you believe that "god" created the universe out of preexisting matter and energy, correct?

You are most likely making the claim that your god created the universe from nothing, creatio ex nihilo.

So the question I have for you, which of course you will never answer, is why do you think that the causation that we observe within the universe, is evidence for causation for the universe itself?

You are committing the fallacy composition.

Quote:That is your acceptance of the proof from evidence, of God existing, again as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

No I'm not accepting your 'proof'.

I understand that the creatio ex material that we observe within the universe is not evidence for the creation of the universe itself.


Quote:Dear readers here, please take notice of the concurrence of Simon Moon to my proof of the existence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Here is another blatant example of your intellectual dishonesty.

I do not concur with your fallacious argument at all. You 'proof' is logically invalid.

Quote:And all that because he, Simon Moon, now realizes that there are babies, though he used to be all dependent on textbooks and never experienced with procreating one of them, he now knows the truth, the fact, the logic, and supported by the lessons of mankind in the history of ideas, namely, babies prove the existence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Your illogical argument does not prove that, because there are babies, there is a god.

All you succeeded in proving is that your understanding of basic logic is massively flawed.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - October 25, 2016 at 12:48 pm
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - November 7, 2016 at 5:15 pm
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by Simon Moon - November 14, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7277 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 34 9987 July 17, 2024 at 7:34 am
Last Post: awty
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32513 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17581 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 1748 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 3331 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 6344 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 6275 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Illustrating the burden of proof - pay me! Nachos_of_Nurgle 109 26399 February 18, 2022 at 5:10 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2705 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)