Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist?
#12
RE: Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist?
Actually, nobody.  But then again, I didn't care.  Anyone who won't accept me as I am is not someone I need in my life, family or no.  I never "came out", I didn't bother to announce it, I just stopped believing and stopped doing all the things I did when I believed and that was that.  I don't get why people need to make an announcement.  Just be you.  They'll figure it out.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist? - by Cephus - March 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 22996 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 22204 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 1682 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Kitan Etos 17 4321 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 14219 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  If you're an Atheist, what comforts you? Dragonfly 161 38364 December 4, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any ignostics who came out of the closet? Der/die AtheistIn 10 4334 June 3, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist? Der/die AtheistIn 48 14117 February 11, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  One of the worst chick tracts ever dyresand 133 46025 November 10, 2016 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9777 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)