Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's worst: god, horoscope or homeopathy?
What's worst: god, horoscope or homeopathy?
In your opinion what's the hardest to understand?
People who believe in god, people who believe in horoscope or people who believe in homeopathy?

For me, from worst to "less worse "
horoscope > homeopathy > god
RE: What's worst: god, horoscope or homeopathy?
Same here, but only because ppl don't know what homeoparhy is...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'd say I'd agree with that. And yeah, if you explained exactly what homeopathy is to someone and they still believed it, the order might change.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I treat all scientifically unaccepted gibberish with equal contempt.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I find them all equally understandable. The god thing is the most outrageous, but it has the strongest effort behind it (that is, people push it harder). They are all explained by human stupidity. That is why there are lists of informal (and formal) fallacies, because people are apt to reason poorly. If it were rare, there would not be such long, detailed lists of how reasoning can go wrong.

And if you really want to be depressed, you can read about how thinking can go wrong in ways that have not been catalogued:

http://web.maths.unsw.edu.au/~jim/wrongthoughts.html

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
oops, wrong thread!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I put god as the least "dumb" mainly because it's so popular and people have a tendency to just go with the flow. If no one believed in god and suddenly someone came up with that idea out of nowhere, then it would be different.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'd say horoscope is the most dumb, and homeopathy is the least, cause most people don't know or understand much about homeopathy, plus it does provide some psychological benefits and hence can be effective in some particular cases...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Horoscope < homeopathy < god
(In terms of dangerousness)

Out of the three, I prefer banananananas
Horoscope - Also because so many people believe in it.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6208 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7369 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 849 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5229 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist? godlessheatheness 45 4780 April 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  One of the worst chick tracts ever dyresand 133 20298 November 10, 2016 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Worst Thing Said to You for Being a Non-believer Strider 18 8232 October 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  atheists are the worst of creatures DramaQueen 22 4256 August 20, 2014 at 1:18 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  2.Who has it worst:LGBTs or Atheists Mothonis 24 4145 June 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Best and worst planets. tor 22 4333 April 10, 2014 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Confused Ape