Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
morality is subjective and people don't have free will
RE: morality is subjective and people don't have free will
Catholic_Lady Wrote:And yet the 2 Christians participating in the discussion (Steve and I) are both like "uhhh what?" 

Evangelical or not, of everyone I know (and I know a lot of conservative Christians here in the Air Force) I can't imagine any of them treating their toddlers and young children like that. It's far from what I've seen.

Funny how people think their circle of acquaintances represents a whole demographic, huh? I call it 'everyone I know voted for Bernie so how did Hillary get the nomination?' syndrome.

The thing about anecdotes is that they can be neutralized by an opposing anecdote. It's exactly what I've seen. No lie. But I was raised by Pentecostals (25% of Americans aged 45-63 identify as Pentecostal) and live in SC, so maybe that has something to do with it.

mh.brewer Wrote:I've heard parents teach their infants to pray from the time they can talk, pray to be forgiven for sin, even before the child can understand what they are saying.

Apparently your experience is invalidated by CL and Steve's.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: morality is subjective and people don't have free will - by Mister Agenda - May 19, 2017 at 9:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This atheist is embarrassing, and I don't like her. Here's why. Twiggy 22 1700 August 29, 2026 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
Thumbs Down Words That People Don’t Use Anymore, But Should BrianSoddingBoru4 66 8484 February 23, 2026 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Free COVID tests again awty 6 1639 December 13, 2023 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: awty
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 2160 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: awty
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 2089 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 14584 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 2256 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: awty
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 21785 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Not another morality post!! Mechaghostman2 5 1964 February 18, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  One of the tragedies of free will purplepurpose 0 770 November 20, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)