Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
RE: North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
(August 9, 2017 at 11:25 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 9, 2017 at 10:58 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: You know, given that the US has been stockpiling nuclear weapons for over 70 years and haven't actually used them since August 9, 1945 (72 years ago today, by an extraordinary coincidence), I don't think there will likely be much of a "use it or lose it" situation.

The use it or Lose it applies to Kim.  He could certainly face the possibility of losing it in the following manner:

1. Extreme pressure from outside sufficient to crumble his regime trying to force him to give it up
2. Commando raids trying to take it from him
3. redemptive air or missile raids trying to blow his up
4. His country is invaded and the invader is trying to take it from him
5. His own people turn on him and threaten to take the control of the weapons from him
6. His rule falters and he is in danger of not being able to control his weapons

When these situation arise and his loss of control over his weapons seems imminent, I have no doubt he will use all his nuclear weapons.

(August 9, 2017 at 3:40 pm)Dropship Wrote:
(August 9, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Um no and just NO.
A conventional war would still cause great death not just in NK but in SK too. And again, China doesn't want a refugee problem due to that, nor do they want a unified western South Korea next to their border. 
Even a conventional war would cause mass death. If you think two simple air strikes will cause his population to overthrow Kim, you are fooling yourself.

I never mentioned any need for a conventional war!
Kim's "teeth" are his nuclear missiles, so all Don needs to do is to draw those teeth by knocking out the missile launch sites with cruise missile and drone strikes, there's no need to send in US troops to do it..Smile

(August 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: A harmless tub of hot air? Are you fucking kidding?!?
Tell that to the people of Seoul. I'm sure they can explain the significance of 15,000-odd artillery pieces and rocket launchers.

Kim's just an overgrown pouting schoolboy but I think he's just about got the sense to know that if he uses his toys he'll quickly lose the lot as Don retaliates..Smile

You can be very assured that in a totalitarian despot ruthless and paranoid enough to starve its citizens in order to devote resources to perfecting a nuclear weapon would also have devoted enough resources to ensure the nuclear arsenal is adaquately concealed, hardened, dispersed and and survivable such that the US would be kidding itself if it thought it could have any reasonable chance of taking most of it out through surgical strikes.

If by some miracle we manage to physically occupy all of North Korea, I would bet 100 to 1 we would still not be able to find many of the nukes he stashed away.

In fact, I am confident that he had a few nukes stashed in such a way that if North Korea were to fall and he loses all ability to deliver his remaining nukes using conventional means, he would be able to still smuggle those nukes out of North Korea and arrange for them to fall into the hands of some anti-western terrorist group.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons - by Anomalocaris - August 9, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 926 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1778 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  [Serious] Is a limited nuclear exchange possible? Angrboda 20 1310 April 21, 2022 at 10:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuclear missiles in Cuba? Jehanne 28 971 April 5, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Weapons in hotel, Denver brewer 38 2184 July 13, 2021 at 12:29 pm
  German Nuclear Power Phaseout Alex K 22 1756 January 31, 2021 at 8:41 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2364 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  US selling nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia Cepheus Ace 32 1976 April 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 291 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 6095 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker