Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 2:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
RE: North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
(August 11, 2017 at 8:13 am)A Theist Wrote:
(August 10, 2017 at 9:00 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And just so everyone's clear, since there seems to be some confusion about what a full-on nuclear war would entail, here's a famous British film called Threads, a film made in 1984 showing, in gruesome detail, what we can expect from a full-on nuclear exchange.

Remember when The Day After aired, and it scared the crap out of America, up to and including inspiring Ronald Reagan to reach a deal with Gorbachev at Reykjavik, something that Reagan would later admit was inspired by the film? At the end, they said it was actually a toned-down version of what to expect. Threads, however, wasn't. An army of scientific advisors were involved, including Carl Sagan, and they created an even bleaker, but even more brutally honest picture of what to expect. And in the 33 years since it aired, the science behind it still holds up, and the only exception is the assumption that the Ozone Layer won't be able to rebuild itself in the absence of pollutants (and even then, there's still some dispute about that.)

But, really, if that's what you really want, I'm not going to judge you for that. I just want to be sure you know what you're going to be damning the rest of humanity to if the worst comes to worst.

Really, it's been known for decades that the effects of even a very limited nuclear exchange would be catastrophic. Here's an assessment made by the US Government in the 1970s detailing a limited exchange on Detroit. (spoiler alert: shit will be horrible, and immediate casualties may very well end up dwarfing those of the battle of Stalingrad, the bloodiest battle in history, even in the best-case nuclear scenario)

I'm just saying there's a reason we haven't actually used our nukes in 72 years and one day and most of our Commanders-in-Chief have known it. Can the Pentagon teach Trump what that reason is? Will he care?
Yup. I sure do remember that movie. But, anyway, where did I say that I wanted to see a nuclear war with NOKO?  My point was that we tried diplomacy and strategic patience with North Korea for the better part of thirty years, from Bill Cinton to  George Bush, and to Barack Obama, to persuade them not to develop nuclear weapons. Fast forward to now, NOKO still developed nuclear weapons and the delivery systems to launch them and have been threatening to strike the U.S. and our territories and Japan and South Korea. Better than thirty years of appeasement, diplomacy, and empty threats hasn't deterred North Korea from developing nuclear weapons, and now they're a threat. The failures of the past three presidents over NOKO has been passed down to President Trump. This time the approach with North Korea is different, considering the failures of diplomacy over the last thirty plus years. Trump issued the warning to NOKO, if they continue to threaten us, to attack Guam and our Japanese and South
Korean allies they'll be met with a powerful response from us. It's up to North Korea now. Do they want peace or do they want to risk destruction.

If you don't wan't a nuclear war THEN PULL YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!

This is not a fucking game, and you have no right to hide behind your gung ho bullshit and neither does 45!

Millions if not billions will die if that fuckface triggers WW3. 

There is not 1 nation on this planet, a world war will effect EVERYONE so stop being so fucking narcissistic. Neither Kim's ego or 45s ego, the egos of 2 individuals do not have the right to put the rest of our species in jeopardy.

TAKE YOUR FUCKING DIRTY HARRY POLICY AND SHOVE IT!

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons - by Brian37 - August 11, 2017 at 8:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 926 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1778 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  [Serious] Is a limited nuclear exchange possible? Angrboda 20 1310 April 21, 2022 at 10:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuclear missiles in Cuba? Jehanne 28 971 April 5, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Weapons in hotel, Denver brewer 38 2184 July 13, 2021 at 12:29 pm
  German Nuclear Power Phaseout Alex K 22 1756 January 31, 2021 at 8:41 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2365 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  US selling nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia Cepheus Ace 32 1976 April 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 291 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 6095 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker