Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better terminology for "Father and Son" ?
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ?
(August 25, 2017 at 1:17 am)Astreja Wrote:
(August 25, 2017 at 12:36 am)Godscreated Wrote: There are no gods but the one true living God, that being said you have nothing to compare God to. You may not, doesn't change the fact that hell is as real as we are and that those who refuse Jesus will be there, I get this from the scriptures and I'm using it as information not threats, so please don't get bent over this statement.

Prove that your god exists, without using the Bible.

I do not have to, all I'm required to do is tell people why I believe. It is and always has been God's responsibility to prove himself to people, you went to church you should know this. 

Astreja Wrote:And then demonstrate that your proof applies only to the god described in the Bible and to no other possible deities anywhere in the universe.

There are no other gods only the living creator God of the Bible. It wouldn't matter what I said you wouldn't accept it, we both know this, you are not fooling anyone with this line of questioning, except maybe yourself.

Asterja Wrote:Finally, I continue to hold you personally responsible for each and every time you threaten us with hell.  You choose to assert that hell is real, despite there being no real-world evidence for such a ludicrous place.  Your "information not threats" disclaimer is rejected.

Okay, if that's what you want to do. Since you fell that way let me make this very clear to you, God holds you personally responsible for all the sins you commit against Him and it they go unforgiven you will find out how real hell is, this is according to the scriptures.

Quote:The law and the court belong to the eternal God who says justice is eternal, justice being reward and punishment. This is another thing your stubborn nature can not change and results in the same outcome, sorry but that's how it will be according to God.

Asterja Wrote:Utterly unsupported mythological assertion.  I view your god as infinitely unjust, infinitely evil, and fictional.  Yes, I'm stubborn.  I have to be, to put up with brainwashed gits like you.

Prove it's mythology. Your views do not count when it comes to God, He loves you no matter what you say about Him. Unfortunately you are the one who has been brainwashed. I came here of my own free will and posted a few thousand times, know what I do not see it as wasted time, though at times i would rather be building furniture.

Quote:You can believe this till the day you die (I'm hoping not), but it want change the fact that Christ is real...

Asterja Wrote:No credible contemporaneous secular evidence for such a person.  Earliest reports are from the Gospels, which were written approximately 2 generations after the alleged events, and the Gospels don't even agree with one another -- not even the synoptic ones, and definitely not gJohn (which reads like a bunch of mystical blather someone pulled out of his ass after hearing a few Jesus fables).

You know why, God wanted it that way. Faith first, then belief, then knowledge. Salvation comes before the knowledge is given. John's book is a spiritual account of Christ, unfortunately you can't see this. I do not understand why you are so hostile toward God and His people?

Quote:and gave up much to make it possible for us to have eternal life with Him. You have your opinion about substitutionary atonement but substitutionary atonement was His choice even before creation. God's requirement to enter heaven is for one to be sinless and there is no way under the sun we could ever live a life sinless. There is no way we could ever pay for our own sin, it's just not humanly possible. So one must accept Christ for who He is and what He did for us, He did this of His own free will and love for us. All your opinions about who Christ is and what He did want change the reality of the eternal justice God will give to all people, like I said above, it's His laws and court.

Asterja Wrote:I do not want eternal life, and I reject substitutionary atonement absolutely.  No one -- not even your evil god's mini-me Jesus -- dies in my place for any reason whatsoever.  Punishing one person for the crimes of another is always unjust, regardless of the circumstances.

Jesus chose it, why can't you see that. I would die for my love ones for the reason Jesus died for you, LOVE. God did not punish Jesus, man did that, God allowed what Christ chose to do.

Astreja Wrote:Furthermore, if we cannot pay our own alleged debts, how could we possibly have incurred them in the first place?  Apparently your hell-creating loan shark god has assigned too much value to those debts.  Supposedly it could simply forgive, or punish in equal measure in the real world, but instead it gives itself a Butthurt Factor of infinity and gives mortals a Works value of zero.

You can pay for them and will as long as they go unforgiven. People commit crimes all the time without getting caught, they did not pay the penalty but they did the crime, that puts your argument on this to rest. Not trying to be smart... just saying. Like i have said time and again God is eternal and all sin is against His eternal nature and thus judgment is eternal. He will simply forgive you if you will accept what Christ did, not just on the cross but the entire time He was on earth.

Astreja Wrote: If your god holds all the power, it automatically holds the responsibility as well.  Responsibility cannot be delegated unless one also delegates the authority to fulfill that responsibility. This is basic managerial theory out of Intro to Business 101.  If we are not permitted to possess the means to pay our own debts, neither can we be held responsible for them.  Guess your god is just going to have to throw itself into its own hell to balance the books.

God doesn't hold the power over your choice of eternal life or eternal punishment, He could but then He wouldn't be God. God is an eternal being who has always existed, who created the universe and made the greatest sacrifice for mankind. God is omnipresent, do you know what this means as related to Him?
god doesn't deal with 101's, it's silly to even think about god in this way, like I've been saying His universe, His laws and His court. By the way Christ who is God has already paid the debt, smart people accept that without question, so the books will be balanced as soon as judgment is over.

Quote:  Intellectually and morally broken, why because I care enough to tell people what I know as fact...

Asterja Wrote:If you think that ludicrous belief system of yours is a fact, rather than merely a belief, you're beyond all hope.  You worship an evil god and call it a loving one, you blame its victims for their own suffering at the mercy of that demonic prick you worship, you let some mythical god-man take the fall for you, and you call that "God's truth"?  *facepalm*

I'm not beyond hope, I have hope. God has proven himself to me in real ways, ways you wouldn't accept if I explained them to you, I know I've tried. God is love, it is who He is. There are no victims when choice is involved so you can just get over the victim thing. Jesus wasn't a victim, He chose to die for you and accept your punishment of His own free will. It's done and you have no say in what he chose to do. God is truth and that is what you need to understand to know God. All of who God is goes through His truth, without God's truth we would have no hope.

Quote:In the end all that matters is God's truth and that I have accepted it totally. I'm not ashame of what I profess and who I believe in, it is a life that brings great joy to me.

Astreja Wrote:Your "great joy" is founded on heavily plagiarized mythology and very ill-considered thinking on morality.   One strong incoming wave and that sandcastle is going down, and if I happen to be around when your faith gets washed away I will not lift a finger to prevent it.

My hope, faith, belief and knowledge are all built on the foundation of stone laid down by Christ and no amount of anything will ever change that. All I need is God and everything else will be taken care of in some manner. You can lift the whole world against me and it wouldn't make a difference, god has promised me protection. A person might kill this body, but God has my soul in His protective hands and it will be placed in a new body one day, an indestructible one. God made the body, but the soul was created and it can never die. Believe it or not I enjoy our conversation and i will never give up hope that some day you will find Christ, please do not take this in any way but caring. Have a good weekend.

GC

(August 25, 2017 at 11:35 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(August 24, 2017 at 11:32 pm)Godscreated Wrote:  You want me to answer a post you should direct it towards me. The soul is a created thing, it's there for us to be able to communicate with God, it is who we are spiritually. It does interact with the physical us as long as we are allowing God to be in our lives. The Holy Spirit speaks to our soul (heart) to convict us of our wrongs in life. The soul can't be a part of any science because it is spirit and undetectable by the physical sciences. I do not deny science and you know that, why you keep saying such is beyond me. I do not pass off woo as science, just because you can't answer science questions I pose from time to time doesn't make the question woo. Of coarse you're not going to like any of the above answer but then I doubt you like/care about anything Christians say.

GC

For clarification before I respond to this, do you believe that the personality, the essential "you" is a product of the soul?

This is a discussion that could get very involved, I'll give you the short of it. The Bible states time and again that God looks at the heart of man, not his physical body, that includes the brain. The soul is the heart of man, it is who we are. God made the body but created the soul and thus the soul last forever. We do not need the body to be us. The soul is an entity separate from the entire physical body. Hope all this makes sense for you.

(August 25, 2017 at 12:01 am)Godscreated Wrote:  God doesn't treat people like rubbish, people choose hell and God gives them what they chose. If they do not want to spend eternity with God then He will not force them. The scriptures tell us once a person dies his/her chances are over, that's the end point, you're judged and given the punishment you chose for disobedience. God deals in eternal things not temporal.

GC

So, an eternal being gives us just 80 years or so to figure it out. If we don't do so to it's satisfaction we "choose" hell. Hell is an infinite punishment for a finite crime. Is that about right?[/quote]

You use the phrase "figure it out," I find that strange because it sounds like one has to use a standard method to come to know God. It happens in many different ways for many different people. You might get tired of hearing Drich saying seek Him out, but it is true and that simple. People try and over complicate the process, you see God made it simple because there are those who for the lack of a better phrase, simple minded and can't process complicated things. This is a spiritual process not one of the mind, hope that covers the 80 years. The only requirement for salvation is to accept Jesus Christ for who He is and what He did for us and it was done of His on free will. You like me have never really had to choose hell, it was our eternal destination. We choose to be freed from that destination through the work of Jesus Christ. You have to understand that God only deals in the eternal because He is eternal and any sin that one commits is eternal because it's against the eternal God. If sin goes unforgiven the sin remains for eternity. Christ died and took our punishment so we wouldn't have to suffer that punishment and God says we have to accept who Christ is and what He did on our behalf to receive that forgiveness. So nothing is finite with God, He created an eternal soul and that will be judged or forgiven according to our choice, this is one choice God will not make for any man, it belongs to each of us alone. Have a good weekend.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 5, 2017 at 3:02 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 5, 2017 at 3:10 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Chad32 - August 5, 2017 at 3:07 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by brewer - August 5, 2017 at 3:08 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 7, 2017 at 8:38 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 8, 2017 at 10:14 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 9, 2017 at 5:27 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - August 13, 2017 at 10:11 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 15, 2017 at 3:31 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 15, 2017 at 3:36 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 16, 2017 at 11:17 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 16, 2017 at 3:36 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 16, 2017 at 10:56 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 17, 2017 at 3:33 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 17, 2017 at 3:41 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 18, 2017 at 3:22 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 24, 2017 at 10:53 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 19, 2017 at 8:27 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 23, 2017 at 3:26 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 25, 2017 at 12:04 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 24, 2017 at 11:56 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 25, 2017 at 1:17 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - August 25, 2017 at 11:44 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 26, 2017 at 12:32 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 30, 2017 at 1:29 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 1, 2017 at 12:17 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 1, 2017 at 12:45 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 1, 2017 at 3:41 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 2, 2017 at 4:58 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 2, 2017 at 5:09 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 1, 2017 at 10:57 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 2, 2017 at 8:07 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 4, 2017 at 9:33 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Succubus - September 5, 2017 at 6:08 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Succubus - September 8, 2017 at 9:34 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 5, 2017 at 11:44 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 7, 2017 at 10:02 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 7, 2017 at 11:20 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 13, 2017 at 9:41 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - September 14, 2017 at 12:12 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 14, 2017 at 3:36 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 14, 2017 at 11:57 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 15, 2017 at 1:41 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 14, 2017 at 10:19 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 15, 2017 at 12:46 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 15, 2017 at 3:25 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 25, 2017 at 12:30 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Succubus - September 25, 2017 at 2:11 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 25, 2017 at 4:55 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 26, 2017 at 3:17 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 26, 2017 at 3:32 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 27, 2017 at 12:59 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 28, 2017 at 3:44 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 29, 2017 at 2:50 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 30, 2017 at 12:08 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 30, 2017 at 5:16 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - October 5, 2017 at 11:07 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 29, 2017 at 7:52 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 30, 2017 at 12:20 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 27, 2017 at 8:03 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 26, 2017 at 8:00 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 25, 2017 at 3:37 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 25, 2017 at 8:30 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 25, 2017 at 8:38 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 15, 2017 at 11:18 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 14, 2017 at 4:49 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 15, 2017 at 2:45 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 20, 2017 at 8:42 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 13, 2017 at 3:01 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 13, 2017 at 3:46 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 13, 2017 at 5:48 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Harry Nevis - September 13, 2017 at 9:33 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 13, 2017 at 5:35 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 24, 2017 at 11:42 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 15, 2017 at 1:26 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Athene - August 5, 2017 at 6:28 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Chad32 - August 9, 2017 at 9:04 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 10, 2017 at 12:07 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 10, 2017 at 12:07 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by chimp3 - August 10, 2017 at 2:31 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Drich - August 11, 2017 at 3:20 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Drich - August 15, 2017 at 1:09 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 16, 2017 at 11:13 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 16, 2017 at 11:22 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 17, 2017 at 12:42 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by rado84 - August 22, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 22, 2017 at 11:03 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 22, 2017 at 11:04 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 23, 2017 at 12:36 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Astreja - August 23, 2017 at 10:17 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - August 25, 2017 at 12:48 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 5, 2017 at 6:18 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Succubus - September 5, 2017 at 6:45 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 5, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Succubus - September 6, 2017 at 6:13 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 7, 2017 at 9:25 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 8, 2017 at 10:43 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 8, 2017 at 10:46 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 14, 2017 at 7:22 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Fake Messiah - September 14, 2017 at 7:59 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 15, 2017 at 12:04 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 15, 2017 at 12:09 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Cyberman - September 15, 2017 at 9:16 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 26, 2017 at 7:31 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Foxaèr - September 26, 2017 at 7:32 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 26, 2017 at 7:33 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Foxaèr - September 26, 2017 at 7:34 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 26, 2017 at 9:05 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Foxaèr - September 26, 2017 at 9:07 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by brewer - September 26, 2017 at 9:09 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by vorlon13 - September 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Godscreated - September 30, 2017 at 12:42 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Ravenshire - September 30, 2017 at 5:25 am
RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? - by Atheist73 - September 29, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4553 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10944 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8941 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8466 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My religious teacher will become a father Der/die AtheistIn 48 9897 January 22, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Prodigal Son Ignorant 86 13127 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Video Christian faimily disowns gay teen son on youtube Fake Messiah 10 3093 April 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 27220 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9655 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Religion doesn't make you a better person dyresand 3 2181 August 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand