Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 2:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
RE: Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
(May 21, 2018 at 4:08 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The complete original Bible doesn't exist today, at least this is what I understand from this Quranic verse:

I fail to see the relevance of the verse you quote. Regardless, Mohammed implies that the Christians are in possession of the book at the time of his writing in the seventh century (see below), yet we have the Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus, both of which predate Mohammed's comments by two centuries, essentially demonstrating that the bible that they had in the time of Mohammed is the same bible that we have today. You aren't reasoning from the evidence but rather from dubious Muslim claims that are contradicted by the evidence.

(May 21, 2018 at 4:08 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The "people of the Gospel" have correct beliefs but their way is corrupted beyond repair, for a Muslim I cannot adapt verses from their books before consulting the Quran: i.e the inclinations of their scholars ruined the day.

And moreover, the Christians of today are not the same Christians of yesterday to my knowledge. From what I know, they did change a lot, and the Bible itself changed a lot. Towards more inclination if you ask me.

The evidence does not support your belief. The evidence indicates that the Quran is not the word of God. Yet you choose the word of it over that of the Christians in spite of the evidence. There is no evidence that the Bible and Christians have "changed a lot" from those in the seventh century. That's just a bunch of Muslim bollocks.

Quote:How can Christians and Jews judge by what has been revealed in the Torah and Injil if they do not have access to those Scriptures? Again, the text assumes that the “people of the book” have access to the previously-revealed Scriptures. We go on:

Surah Al-Maeda 68: “Say, “O people of the Book, you have nothing to stand on, unless you uphold the Torah and the Injil and what has been sent down to you from your Lord.” What has been sent down to you from your Lord will certainly make many of the most persistent in rebellion and disbelief. So, do not grieve over the disbelieving people.”

Not only does this text command the “people of the Book” to uphold the Torah and the Injil (which they must have in their possession for the command to make sense), but they are told of the Scriptures that were previously “sent down to you“. Who does “you” refer to? In context, it can only refer to the people of the Book. This is difficult to square with the popular Islamic notion that the Injil was revealed only to Jesus and was quickly lost without leaving any trace in history. Again, this text assumes that the “people of the book” possess the Torah and the Injil and that they have been neither corrupted nor lost.

A Simple Reason Why The Qur’an Cannot Be The Word of God
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? - by Angrboda - May 21, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 127 6800 May 20, 2024 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1600 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3791 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1740 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 13996 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2763 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 5059 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread Whateverist 598 70920 June 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12464 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Revolution in Philosophy? Jehanne 11 2316 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Jehanne