Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High level philosophy
High level philosophy
DLJ and I are nearing level 50 in philosophy, so we decided to grind out some discussion* so we can finally enter Plato's Cave. We heard there are some amazing axioms to be found in there.

Anyone who is level 40 or over is welcome to join the discussion party. For a well rounded debate we also need a Marxist, a Utilitarian and a crazy guy holding a weasel. Level 30 and over can contribute, but we won’t be able to save you if you make a fallacy. Those under level 30 are not allowed to have an opinion.

Please do not use any area-of-effect arguments, as they may attract additional subjects. Any knowledge we gain will be shared out very unevenly.

*Full terms and conditions are below:

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: High level philosophy
Where's the test to determine my level?
When you log into World of Philosophy, go to your character creation screen, and it’s written underneath your avatar next to your chosen ontology.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
My philosophy: I do sport and work till I die.
Quote:Leveling is a social process in which the uniqueness of the individual is rendered non-existent by assigning equal value to all aspects of human endeavors, thus missing all the intricacies and subtle complexities of human identity.

Leveling
Quick question: The way most people run the game, if you have a high enough charisma score it also counts as high wisdom. Is that rule in effect with your game?
I am a lvl 56 Barbarian. And so is my wife.
(October 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Quick question: The way most people run the game, if you have a high enough charisma score it also counts as high wisdom. Is that rule in effect with your game?

If your charisma is great enough you can literally shoot down some idiot's lucky assertion on the street and everyone will still agree with you.
High level?

[Image: 1403.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm a Multiclass wizard 

[Image: Multiclassing.jpg]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 125 4880 February 27, 2024 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1292 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3346 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1531 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 11810 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2514 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  Is a higher level of thought possible? Macoleco 8 945 June 10, 2019 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8151 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11544 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Revolution in Philosophy? Jehanne 11 2252 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Jehanne