Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No I did not find Mich McConnell but...
#6
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but...
Mich McConnell part DEUX

Ok, so today, driving down a 1 lane each way road, I noticed a lady walking from a parked car to the middle of the road and sure enough turtle right at the double yellow lines. I had just enough time to stop, right in front of the turtle. But the scared poor thing took the opportunity to take cover under my van. It took a couple minutes and different objects to prod it out from under the van. There was a slight back up of traffic, but the car behind me understood and saw it. 

Two things that annoyed me though. An old lady pedestrian said, "Humans are more important than animals" walking by. Yes and no, yes in that you should not cause an accident in trying to save the animal, but it was mid day on a low speed road. But secondly, even if you don't give a shit about the turtle, running over one can cause a tire blow out which can cause an accident. 

The other thing that annoyed me, although it was nice of the other lady to try to save the turtle, whom I ended up helping do just that, after we finally got the thing to the side of the road she said, "Thank you, have a blessed day"....... I was polite but simply responded, "I am an atheist".
Reply



Messages In This Thread
No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by Jackie - June 15, 2018 at 8:39 pm
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by chimp3 - June 15, 2018 at 9:36 pm
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by Jackie - June 16, 2018 at 6:14 am
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by Jackie - June 20, 2018 at 12:21 pm
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by brewer - June 20, 2018 at 12:30 pm
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but... - by Jackie - June 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 3425 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 7890 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 5393 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Jackie 33 8487 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area. no one 16 4533 June 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Not that I ever will again, but.... Jackie 40 10713 April 8, 2020 at 11:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Jackie 19 4146 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Jackie 14 5290 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 2553 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Kitan Etos 48 17776 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)