Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
(July 15, 2018 at 1:51 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(July 15, 2018 at 1:38 am)Aroura Wrote: I don't see how your first point addresses the issue at all.  Don't like my substitution of words?  Fine. Graham still said the things that indicated God (and therefore Jesus) kills gay people as punishment.

He referenced the destruction Sodom and Gomorrah, in regards to God not promoting sin.  As I stated before, where I might disagree with some, is that Sodom and Gomorrah was only about homosexuality.  If the account before the destruction of these cities is in anyway indicative of the sins that where said to be rampant through these towns, then I think that it is difficult to disagree with God stopping this.  Jesus warned that the time is coming when all sins will be judged.  He said to repent or you too will parish.

Quote:Your second point makes no sense what so ever. Graham literally used the word "promote".  I didn't put it in there, he did. I said nothing about "most Christians", nor is this topic about that.  It is about what one particular Christian said and believes.

Graham used the word "promote"  in regards to Jesus not promoting sin.  My contention with the word was in the way that you used "promote".   It's a matter of context.  As I stated before, I wouldn't use that word, because I don't think that it is something to be excited or happy about (in the way you used it).

Quote:Also, we don't complain about god allowing evil, we point out that it is a logical flaw in the claim of his supposed all goodness that means either he isn't all good, or he does not exist.

I notice that despite your wordy quibbling, you still support what he said, though.  You right here equate the evil referenced in the problem of evil (the murder of babies, wars, the deaths of innocents in natural disasters, suffering and illness of all sorts) to gayness. 

You are the perfect example of the loving Christian.  Well done.

There isn't a logical flaw, and most philosophers don't argue the problem of evil from a standpoint of logic.   That said, especially  if one is suffering, it's not always that easy from an emotional standpoint.  I'm not equating "gayness" to anything, other than to say that homosexual activity is a sin, and fits into the category of sexual immorality.  And I agree with Graham, that Jesus never promoted sin as well that God will judge sin.  I think that you are either confused or being intellectually dishonest here and trying to twist what I am saying.  And being loving, doesn't mean that one promotes or calls sin good either.

Nothing here refutes Aroura  point  in fact you have reinforced it  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham - by Amarok - July 15, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9446 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 56 7673 November 18, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7908 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9221 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8579 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why Jesus is not the messiah. Creed of Heresy 59 14543 December 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Egyptian
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 47301 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
Question "Thou shall not kill" commandment is hypocritical? pocaracas 92 18457 August 26, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Would this be all we need to prove God exists? Or would it require more than this? IanHulett 30 5795 January 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God mainethinker 266 43160 January 18, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw