Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
(July 15, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 15, 2018 at 1:51 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: He referenced the destruction Sodom and Gomorrah, in regards to God not promoting sin.  As I stated before, where I might disagree with some, is that Sodom and Gomorrah was only about homosexuality.  If the account before the destruction of these cities is in anyway indicative of the sins that where said to be rampant through these towns, then I think that it is difficult to disagree with God stopping this.  Jesus warned that the time is coming when all sins will be judged.  He said to repent or you too will parish.

Graham used the word "promote"  in regards to Jesus not promoting sin.  My contention with the word was in the way that you used "promote".   It's a matter of context.  As I stated before, I wouldn't use that word, because I don't think that it is something to be excited or happy about (in the way you used it).

There isn't a logical flaw, and most philosophers don't argue the problem of evil from a standpoint of logic.   That said, especially  if one is suffering, it's not always that easy from an emotional standpoint.  I'm not equating "gayness" to anything, other than to say that homosexual activity is a sin, and fits into the category of sexual immorality.  And I agree with Graham, that Jesus never promoted sin as well that God will judge sin.  I think that you are either confused or being intellectually dishonest here and trying to twist what I am saying.  And being loving, doesn't mean that one promotes or calls sin good either.

"Sin" is a bullshit word based on superstition and old mythology.

As I said to Steve, this isn't 2,000 years ago, actually 1700, because the first complete bible wasn't voted on until 329.

If an INDIVIDUAL harms you and you did not consent to it, that is one thing, but if they are consenting to the act as adults, THEN IT IS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

This is not up for debate. You not getting everything you want all the time is your baggage. And I also don't care if you do say you support gay marriage. If you say you do, you defy yourself by calling it a bullshit word "sin".

You do NOT need a holy book to tell you right from wrong. Life isn't that hard to figure out. Don't physically harm others, and if you are not involved in it, stay out of it. We do not care what you or Steve think of gay marriage. If you are for it, but still call it a "sin" then you are simply a watered down bigot.

I am against same sex unions, and redefining of the word "marriage";  I haven't said otherwise.  Although I would condemn some who call themselves Christian, and show hate towards homosexuals, or overemphasize that sin above others. I also have a problem with those who come out after a disaster, and try to pin it on homosexuality.  I think that this is likely taking the Lord's name in vein and speaking for God, when he did not.  

It  seems that you do care, in that you feel the need to post, and call people names.  Citing that this comes from 2000+ years ago, is not a logical argument, but a logical fallacy.   It also seems hypocritical for you to say that "if you are not involved with it, then to stay out of it".  I also think that the straw men, and mis-characterization (as well as the uncalled for personal attacks) are somewhat telling. It's an emotional issue for calling sin "sin".  And you want to ignore sin.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham - by RoadRunner79 - July 15, 2018 at 2:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9244 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 56 7597 November 18, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7887 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9174 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8501 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why Jesus is not the messiah. Creed of Heresy 59 14355 December 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Egyptian
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 45961 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
Question "Thou shall not kill" commandment is hypocritical? pocaracas 92 18301 August 26, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Would this be all we need to prove God exists? Or would it require more than this? IanHulett 30 5742 January 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God mainethinker 266 42299 January 18, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw