Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 22, 2018 at 6:49 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Yeah, I caught this last night when I googled the demographics, but I was too tired to go edit.

Georgia wasn't my best bet.  I should have said Mississippi, and then Idaho because it's so predominantly white.  That's just me being Canadian and not knowing the states that well.  You should be able to see that, I hope.
I can.  I absolutely can see that.  I can see how your being unfamiliar with the factual reality of these subjects has made you a positively juicy target for charlatans of every description.....and I keep telling you that....but you keep telling me that I'm wrong about that.

Wait...wait...wait...Mississippi..............? : bangs head repeatedly against desk : Potatoho...? Are you deliberately trying to fuck with me?

Quote:In a way, I'm glad I didn't edit it, because I've assumed for a while that there were things eating at you, something really compelling to make you hold the position you do, and now it's crystal clear-- a real interest in justice, and a real offense at the total lack of it.  You've done a lot of shit-slinging, but I'd much prefer it when you take an actual position.
I am from the deep south.  These aren't vague academic positions to me that I learned in a liberal university or from some lobster salesman on youtube.  I have lived the thing you feel compelled to deny.

Quote:But the PC warrior, while it's fun to be the hero, isn't going to work-- or at least, I don't think it will work soon enough for America.  After all the clearly correct things you just ranted about, divisive demographics are STILL divisive.  Unless you intend to forcibly wrest power from those have-alls in Georgia (another option I've already mentioned in this thread, btw), then the question is-- what's the best way to achieve your goal?
There's the rub.  PC warriors aren't heros.  They're people screaming, at the top of their lungs, what everyone should already know..what no one should have the basely ignorant chutzpah..in this world..to argue against.

Quote:Do you even have an answer to that question?  Here we have a scenario in which you are clearly right, and in which identity demographics are clearly used in order to selectively target black people.  This is your moment-- what PC Left policies would you make, based explicitly on demographic minorities (as opposed to just income, severity of crimes committed, etc.)?  What laws do you make?
You mean..-other- than things like....oh, idk..increasing the minimum wage, or ensuring accountability in police departments through aggressive oversight based on..literally....centuries- of state malfeasance?  

Quote:The kneejerk reaction is something like, "Make it a federal crime to discriminate in criminal proceedings based on race, and throw those white motherfuckers in jail.  Let them see how long they survive when the guys they put in jail get their fucking hands on them!"  But how, actually, does one go about doing this?  By tribunal?  How do you establish who gets to make these calls?

Or how about I suggest that you stop saying things that can be shown to be demonstrably false while pretending that the pc left is doing what the right is demonstrably doing...all the while intimating your support for liberal positions, and covering for a bunch of fucking racists in Georgia whether you realized you were doing it or not.....?

One deluded asshole at a time, Benny. I know better than to imagine that there's a true legislative solution...I'm from the deep south......member. Our system is not in place to effect positive change, but to maintain the status quo.

Here's a fun fact..all that shit I rattled off about georgia...only gets it 39th rank in poverty and inequality metrics overall in the us. Mississippi....dead last. Mississippi is the state shitty states point to and say "Well, at least we're not Mississippi!". Idaho, a few places above Georgia.

Imma save you a whole lotta time trying to figure out the picture of the field here in the states, which forms and dominates the narrative that you..as a man in korea, are commenting on.  Take a look at the trump train.  His candidacy and presidency are the product of the white grievance industry. How did they pull that off? Oh, you know, bitching about the pc left and sjws.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - August 22, 2018 at 7:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19761 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 358 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 753 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16344 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus