Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 14, 2018 at 8:46 pm)bennyboy Wrote: If you want to frame it that way, then fine.  The consequence of PC Left goofy-talk is that fewer and fewer people are willing to identify with the PC Left.  Fact or nah?  You think the PC Left is winning the PR war right now?
IDK it's as much a consequence of "pc left goofy-talk" as it's a consequence of the normalization of white supremacy.  After all...how many people actually disagree with the notion that a person probably shouldn't run around spouting off racial slurs and selling harmful racial fiction?

Quote:I think it HAS been winning, but now it's gone too goofy, and people like you are going to ruin it all.  I don't think your declared. . . ahrmmm. . . plan of shouting down people like me in forums is likely to bring a net positive result, either for the credibility of the PC Left, or for the poor victimized demographics you pretend to care about (while, of course, doing absolutely nothing at all to actually help them).
If we judge by policy...which predates the alt right..then no..it hasn't  There's too much momentum.  That momentum helps to explain the success of this narrative in the first place.  There were plenty of "economically anxious" people looking for even the thinnest shred of something they could point to in order to excuse their deplorable thoughts and impulses.

Quote:At best, in arguing with a guy who is a declared left-winger, and who is trying to talk about actual solutions to actual problems that the left-wing care about, you are wasting time that would be better spent in a forum which had actual alt-right racists in it.
You think that this..somehow, modifies that fact that you have affirmed the normalizing language of white supremacy in no uncertain terms.  It does not.  As I have repeatedly noted, left wingers are the target market for their bullshit. Screaming about the negroes wasn't working anymore..so they adopted the language of victimhood.

The fuckers who have a level a self awareness in this regard that you do not are lost causes. They can only be screamed at. There is no path out of this, for them. My time would be utterly wasted there.

Quote:That's quite the narrative, considering that I'm using free speech in open inquiry of the problem of wage inequity between racial demographics and how to solve it, and explicitly so.
-and you've been explicitly racist, and explicitly wrong..about it.  It -is- quite the narrative...that's what I keep saying.......

Quote:And making and clearly supporting your points is yours.  You're not my teacher, and I don't have to read whatever bibliography you claim has the answers.

Make a point.  Support it.  If asked where factual assertions come from, show where they come from.  It's a super-simple process.  If you'd like to learn how to cite properly for a forum, feel free to examine my own posts, in which I back up my factual assertions with sources.
Long been done.  You'll either read the links or you wont.  Not my responsibility either way.

Quote:I'm fine, and I take that responsibility seriously.  That's why instead of spinning some long yarn, I back up my positions with clearly-cited facts.
This is getting tedious.  If there were facts that backed up the narrative of white victimization or scientific racism neither position would be so risible.  There aren't. The fact that they are both fact free and laughable..however, doesn't stop people from affirming them or setting damaging institutional policies on their basis. It's called pretext, I'm sure you're familiar with the term. Are white people being victimized? No..they are not. You do not possess facts to the contrary. Is free speech under assault when people seek to make racism consequential? No, it is not. You do not possess facts to the contrary. Does science affirm the notion of "difference between the races"? No..it does not. You do not possess facts to the contrary.

If you -do- take your responsibility seriously..you need to swallow your pride and stop trying to win some stupid argument with me. The positions you have been affirming in this thread are demonstrably false, and demonstrably harmful. You are one of the voices that lend them credence. Accept it. If it's not what you want or what you intend.......then stop. You've been had, conned, snookered, hoodwinked, flat out fucking lied to, lol.

It's always been your call.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - September 15, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19761 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 358 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 753 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16344 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus