Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 15, 2018 at 10:51 pm)bennyboy Wrote: No.  It's neither.  Talking about racial differences isn't racism, in any sense of the word that matters-- unless those differences (real or imagined) are being used as a pretext to limit the rights or liberty of individuals in those groups.

I didn't say, "Black people have lower IQs, so they don't deserve to make enough money to live well."  I said, "Black people in the States have lower IQs, and this correlates with lower wages.  Therefore, one way to solve the issue of pay inequity would be to raise the IQ of black people."
Scrubbing a racist pretext does not make it any less racist, it makes you feel more comfortable reasserting it, and it makes it more effective as normalizing propaganda.  Income inequality between educational and socioeconomic peers is a thing....and it's not as if anyone is giving folks an iq test at an interview.  We can (and were) raising the IQ of poor people, but this did not actually solve or reduce the issue of race centered income inequality....because it is not the source of that inequality.   

Quote:Now, remember that the black/white division was yours.  It was my stated belief that well-constructed policies could have the philosophical advantage of being demographic-neutral, and the pragmatic advantage of closing the barrier.  For example, a prisoner release program would be applied only to crimes committed, average sentences, and so on.  But we both know that if you release those who were most unfairly penalized, that the majority of prisoners released would be black.  
Prisoner release will do nothing beyond creating white panic while driving harsher policing to fill the now empty beds.  It is the incarceration rate and sentencing disparity, combined with a profit motive, that has caused this problem.  

Quote:Or if we provide extra health and educational care to the poorest families, very many of them would be black, and we'd expect that IQ difference to be reduced over the course of a generation-- without having to paint everything in the divisive victim / oppressor demographics that you favor.
Look at you, offended by the words and by reality while affirming the underlying nature of the situation.  Typical pc leftist cuck.  See why I break ranks with leftists?   Rolleyes  

If we can raise IQ in a single generation, that demonstrates that the measured disparity is not, in point of fact, an issue of genetics or an issue of "differences between the races".  More accurately, it is a difference between how we treat the races..whether I prefer the reality of that or not.  We decided to go the other way with it, though.  We decided to gut those programs that demonstrably achieved that effect (even though it didn't actually correlate to any reduction of race centered income inequality).  

We did so by contending that heritable "differences between the races" accounted for their poor station in life.   If intelligence is genetic, and intelligence correlates with income, then programs designed to raise the intelligence of dummies will fail because they do not change the genetics of dummies.  Blacks are poor because they are inferior..not because of systemic racism.  Those programs..then, are a waste of money.  Black poverty is inevitable. Don't take my word for it, ask Charles Murray, at AEI, lol.  

You simply cannot lend credence to those positions and then, because you arrive at a conclusion wholly contradictory to their implications, stumble around wide eyed wondering "what's racist about that?"

-Everything, and you are responsible for the things that come out of your mouth.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - September 16, 2018 at 8:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19133 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 345 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15568 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4150 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9655 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus