Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 16, 2018 at 10:38 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(September 16, 2018 at 8:03 am)Khemikal Wrote: Scrubbing a racist pretext does not make it any less racist, it makes you feel more comfortable reasserting it, and it makes it more effective as normalizing propaganda.  Income inequality between educational and socioeconomic peers is a thing....and it's not as if anyone is giving folks an iq test at an interview.  We can (and were) raising the IQ of poor people, but this did not actually solve or reduce the issue of race centered income inequality....because it is not the source of that inequality. 
Yeah.  It's not crime rates, incarceration rates, single-parent families, or any of those things, either, right?  It's 100% the white oppressors who are keeping black people down, right?
If it were, I doubt you'd want to be among them in any capacity...even as a mouthpiece.

Quote:
Quote:Prisoner release will do nothing beyond creating white panic while driving harsher policing to fill the now empty beds.  It is the incarceration rate and sentencing disparity, combined with a profit motive, that has caused this problem.
I'm not sure what you're saying.  Don't release prisoners who were given exceptionally large sentences?
It's fairly easy to work out what I just said..I did speak english, after all, lol.

Quote:
Quote:Look at you, offended by the words and by reality while affirming the underlying nature of the situation.  Typical pc leftist cuck.  See why I break ranks with leftists?   Rolleyes  
I'm not offended by the PC Left demographic divisions.  It think that as a source of policy, they are particularly unlikely to succeed.
Again, you've got the idea of divisiveness entirely backwards in exactly the way that alt right nutjobs have been propagandizing it.  The whole point of PC is to get people to stop saying the things that perpetuate that idiocy.  Making it costly for a talking head to spout off racist nonsense..or for a media conglomerate to froth up "economic anxiety" in search of profit and influence.  It's not something that the government is empowered to do.  It's not illegal to blurt out racial slurs or to sell racial myths.  It's not illegal to divide people along ethnic lines and then blame those people who call you out for it.....but it can be made consequential and unacceptable.  

Quote:
Quote:If we can raise IQ in a single generation, that demonstrates that the measured disparity is not, in point of fact, an issue of genetics or an issue of "differences between the races".  More accurately, it is a difference between how we treat the races..whether I prefer the reality of that or not.  We decided to go the other way with it, though.  We decided to gut those programs that demonstrably achieved that effect (even though it didn't actually correlate to any reduction of race centered income inequality).  
I'm not sure about the chronology of educational initiatives.  I would never support reducing educational or health initiatives-- because I believe that improved productivity due to education and opportunity mostly pays for those programs.
Tell that to the "differences between the races" crowd.  The diversion into scientific racism that you launched yourself into is the fundamental ideology behind their destruction of those programs that worked to close the gap that systemic racism has created.  Such an astounding amount of work went into discrediting the entire song and dance that the originators have had to come up with wholly new pretexts for doing that same old thing.

Quote:
Quote:We did so by contending that heritable "differences between the races" accounted for their poor station in life.   If intelligence is genetic, and intelligence correlates with income, then programs designed to raise the intelligence of dummies will fail because they do not change the genetics of dummies.  Blacks are poor because they are inferior..not because of systemic racism.  Those programs..then, are a waste of money.  Black poverty is inevitable.  Don't take my word for it, ask Charles Murray, at AEI, lol.

You simply cannot lend credence to those positions and then, because you arrive at a conclusion wholly contradictory to their implications, stumble around wide eyed wondering "what's racist about that?"

-Everything, and you are responsible for the things that come out of your mouth.
Again, you are conflating fact-gathering with intent.  That some people use certain facts to support bad intent doesn't mean the facts should be avoided, or that they don't matter.

You are also conflating moral equivalency with equivalency of outcome.  All people deserve equal opportunity, equal privileges and equal responsibility.  This is crucial in a multi-cultural society-- if there are little black geniuses who will never be discovered because of lack of opportunity to develop and demonstrate those gifts, then America's in deep fucking trouble-- because China, being more homogeneous, will have no problem at all in identifying future greats and bringing them to their points of greatest contribution.
You gathered no facts.  You gathered a bunch of white supremacist nonsense and then bullshitted me and yourself about it for pages.  America -is- in deep trouble on this one...hey..guess how we got here..............

You are responsible for the things that come out of your mouth.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - September 17, 2018 at 12:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19152 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 346 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15578 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4151 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9657 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus