Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
(November 14, 2018 at 9:31 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you think you're at the top of the world, feel like your horse is too high, this topic is for you.

Hell, you know very well that when people fought, it usually is for money or land. Religious wars ended so long ago, and with the "Mongol Invasion" that dropped so many dead, it was obvious that it is not religion that moves nations

World War 1 was the next huge war, followed by World War 2. and non of them were waged because of religion.

The consequences of these wars created everything terrible we see with our world today; from countries built out of thin-air to satisfy the non-religious finite needs and interests of mad global powers -like Israel and the Arab countries- to super weapons -like the atomic bomb-. The non-believers killed the world with a straight A+.

Europeans when discussing Muslims, talk a lot about how the Middle East was always fucked up. But what about Europe? wasn't it so dark just a little while ago, the average age in it is 30 or younger? Did Europe forget the "War of the Roses" or the mad campaigns waged by kings ?

Americans when discussing Muslims also repeat the same broken record. But did Americans forget the civil war, the war in Iraq, the war on Afghanistan, and WW2; the first use ever of an atomic bomb over civilians?

Isn't it hilarious, to see a European whining about "Islamic Terrorism"? despite his brethren killing Millions in Japan just a few years ago? I mean if you use something monstrous like atomic bombs; what do you except your enemy to come carrying? flowers???

When the American forces invaded Iraq:

Atlass, nobody here thinks we are above it all. 

Do yourself a favor. STOP letting labels, yours or others, get in the way of accepting the fact we are all the same species.

You have often said you hate the government you live under. I have said I was willing to treat you as an individual outside your government.

I DO NOT like all of my country's history. I do not like what we did to Native Americans or blacks or women or Japanese Americans during WW2.

If you point to the west and say we've been cruel, it isn't because every human living in the west is cruel, but because our species can be cruel. 

When that guy threw the shoe at Bush Jr, for example, I completely understood. But I also did not vote for Bush just like you don't like your government.

Try treating humans as individuals. 

Labels do not make an individual automatically only do good, or only do bad. Our species behaviors are not in our labels, but in our evolution. It is still up to individual humans to see others as such.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else - by Brian37 - November 14, 2018 at 10:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1680 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1979 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2611 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2397 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 3128 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 757 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11934 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 8011 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8682 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3526 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3