Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else
(November 14, 2018 at 11:11 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 10:58 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: But it wasn't the mistake of Bush alone. When the invasion of Iraq took place in 2003, Bush and a whole administration had the U.K as an ally, and a whole bunch of Arab governments as allies, and let's not forget the Shiite Iraqies who were the replacement of Saddam Hussein.

The American people didn't move until the economical aftermath broke their back; because of the unjust war and the sectarian disaster the U.S caused in Iraq.

Let's be straight about this: the west stood with the two components that set the Middle East to flames: the Shiites in Iraq, and the Wahhabi Sunnies in Saudi Arabia. The support the U.S gave to these to components was behind their terrible crimes in the region for so long, that if somebody is willing to research what I'm saying.

Where were the American public from this unjust turn of events, caused by their government of choice? the one and only part gaining from the war between Sunnies and Shiites is the western powers, and the missionaries keeping the iron heated.

Even today in 2018, the American public repeats the same action by voting Trump.
It's not a blame game Brian; I do treat everyone as an individual, I don't blame you or label you or judge you. But your labeling of yourself is what I mostly take: you are a human born in the U.S, that doesn't mean you are pro Bush or Trump.

But the last elections show that so many there are not like you. Almost a majority.
And the case of Kashoggi is another evidence

Supported by the west, especially the Republic zionist regime of Trump -which was favored by almost an Evangelical majority and almost an American majority-.

Populism is the new way, they say

Populism runs Saudi Arabia and Iran too.

Humans are tribal and? 

That is no excuse to give up on humanity. I will never give up on the prospect that there are plenty of individuals worldwide that still see beyond our local labels. If you ignore that, you do yourself a disservice, and you ignore my support of YOU the individual.

Our species has a evolutionary history of protecting that which is local. It is an unfortunate side effect of our species not being able to see that we are NOT a separate species. If I am willing to give you credit for bucking your government and population social norms, then do the me the favor off accepting that I am simply stuck in a different location.

I HATE my species tribal thought, and far too often defaulting to conflict putting that over diplomacy. BUT I will not give up on individuals who can and do see beyond boarders and labels.

And who told you I'm Saudi, Brian?
Living there doesn't make you a Saudi. 

The Saudi regime and the Irani regime are fought and criticized in almost every post I make, I know they are run by populism and I have stated that without the western governments they will not survive.

There are western countries -like Canada and New Zealand- that have little interaction with these populist regimes in the Middle East, but the rest are supplying them with enough arms to stay in power for years.

We are tribal as a specie, but we also have a consciousness that creates black sheep out of the crowd. We are not a herd; Brian, we are special, and our brain is the evidence of that. Why do people fight slavery, fight cannibalism, fight necrophilia, but not fight the actions of their own governments? actions like cannibalizing on other nations using proxies? Robbing poor nations out of their resources?

Why don't the brain that fought the former, also stand and fight the latter?

It's a fact; Brian: I treat everybody as individuals and that is how I think, but so many individuals choose to be a herd of sheep, something more of a "domino formation" meant to only follow; not invent or have a personal stance.

Boring copies of each other. The same type of carbon copies that fought in WW1 and WW2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's not religion..believe me. It's something else - by WinterHold - November 14, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1696 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1983 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2631 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2419 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 3159 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 767 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 12040 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 8051 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8699 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3543 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3